bulletmaker

Mattoon, IL

#21 Oct 16, 2010
Twas the year before contract and all though the plant..Not an employee was happy, all wanting to rant..Last year we set records,ran more than ever before, So the bosses got raises and bonuses galore! But this year we're struggling, no money can be found! How do they explain this desperate turn around? We worked long and hard hours to meet the demand, But did anyone, anywhere. give us a hand? So why do they wonder why morale is so low? As they look in your eye and say " Your're too slow!" Things have gotten worse,now they make us run scrap. And still they wonder why we dont give a crap! With a smile on their face and greed in their eyes, They'll stand before us and feed us more lies! They honestly think we dont have a clue, That every contract year, it's us they screw!!!
Mister_E

Mattoon, IL

#22 Oct 16, 2010
This place seems to be ran like a poorly directed circus. I was once interested in seeking employement with this company, but since heard so many discouraging stories from many employees. This has made me strongly reconsider. A few more dollars an hour is not worth all the disrespect and poor treatment.
Anonymous

Mattoon, IL

#23 Oct 29, 2010
REVOTING on a contract we voted on...WTF and to have to go to the union hall and vote..It was 700 rejected and 200 accepted when we voted..Now this vote which is monday and tuesday, Nov 1 and 2 from 6am - 6pm..is gonna be set up..
the big D

Glen Carbon, IL

#24 Oct 30, 2010
more like 700 something to 300 something.. now the union wants us to vote on this POS again
Way to go

Paducah, KY

#25 Nov 4, 2010
Well, looks like now you won't have to worry about working for your sucky company anymore. You are free to go find a better job...good luck! P.S. East Alton is going to turn into a shithole ghost town and property values are going to go down the tubes....better sell your homes and move now while you can still find someone willing to pay something for them.

Since: May 10

O Fallon, MO

#26 Nov 6, 2010
You shot yourselves in the foot.. You cut your own throats. Have you looked at the employment availabilities in the area other than what you had?
Gonna just sit on unemployment for 100 weeks? Thanks, from the non-union workers who will pay for that unemployment. P. S. The area is flooded with handymen and HVAC guys already...
Bobby Joe

Jackson, TN

#27 Nov 8, 2010
Good luck finding work. Have any of you looked at the economy? It sucks out here.
jobs101

Alton, IL

#28 Nov 10, 2010
You all are full of s--- I've been there 26 yrs and Yea there were some bad bosses, but now if you do your job they leave you alone and yes there is OT only because the piece of s--- brother or sister won't come to work, you get 1 point per day missed or a 1/2 if you miss less than 2 hrs. your allowed 3and 1/2 in a 3 month period before you get paper work then you still can miss 1 day a month and never get fired you have to be wrote up 3 times before you have to worry and then you can still miss one a month and nothing will happen or hell go on medical leave or get FMLA and you got it made. The average wage is 50,000 a year and these idiots gave it away. Like walking away from 200,000 dollars it will be gone in 3 yrs. nobodys job is safe there,they WILL MOVE IT ALL they're not going to stop with Centerfire.
Not Too Happy

Granite City, IL

#29 Nov 26, 2010
Olin truly does suck.They treat the workers like livestock.I went in the 2nd contract proposal thinking i would vote yes.But it really was so bad that i voted NO to it,realizing i would lose my job for it.It is GREED that caused all this,and nothing more.So you people bitching about how stupid we are for voting ourselves out of a job,you are wrong.The company was not in any finacial trouble at all,it was earning record profits.Either way,OLIN would come out ahead.Hell,if we would have said yes...the scumbags at the top would have voted themselves yet ANOTHER raise. So OLIN,you go ahead a move down to that little hole in the ground with your hilbilly workers and try to get some qualty product for the military...idiots.Remember during the strike of 2000 you guys lost the entire U.S. mint.See what happens in December,2011.
Bobby Joe

Jackson, TN

#30 Nov 29, 2010
Well looks like they won't be treating you like livestock anymore.

Guess you showed those scumbags. How dare them take their 50k jobs and move down south.

Just another lazy bum lining up to suck the government tit.
shellybelly

Granite City, IL

#31 Dec 1, 2010
olin employee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...I have worked here for quite a few years....it's all true!!!! They get people sucked in with the pay....I can't stand it.

Boo Hoo!!!! Suck it up!!!! You ought to be happy that you even got a job...not to mention the good pay that Olin pays! Loose your job and see just how much that SUCKS!!!! Un-employment only lasts for so long and try to find a job today that pays as well as Olin.
shellybelly

Granite City, IL

#32 Dec 1, 2010
J-Town Ninjas Oh YeE AhH wrote:
thats y u get a job there, get fired after 6 months and collect unemployment for the next 2 yrs... 51% of 20$ a hr is more then alot of people make... tell olin to suck it
ahhhh...now that sounds real intelligent! People like you are the reason why places like Olin have strick rules. If they didn't the place would not be there for you to make the minumimn of $18.13 an hour!!!!!! You deserve to be on un-employment...who'd want you for an employee!!
shellybelly

Granite City, IL

#33 Dec 1, 2010
Heatermike wrote:
You shot yourselves in the foot.. You cut your own throats. Have you looked at the employment availabilities in the area other than what you had?
Gonna just sit on unemployment for 100 weeks? Thanks, from the non-union workers who will pay for that unemployment. P. S. The area is flooded with handymen and HVAC guys already...
Yea...they all sure did shoot themselves in the foot. Can't understand why they didn't pass the vote. Sad thing is that people who haven't been on the outside...looking for work....just does not know what it's all about....especially people who do get good hourly wages. My husband worked 28 years at this one place over in Missouri. Made a little over $17.00 an hour and one day he no longer had his job. Come to find out...they re-hired someone else to do his job for $12.00 an hour. My husband ended up finding work but he had to settle for a job that paid only $11.50 per hour. He took it because it was full time and did have medical benifits. I wish these guys who voted down the offer with Olin better luck but I doubt that will be the case.
Joe Rupp

Jerseyville, IL

#34 Dec 1, 2010
Global is going to buy out Olin Winchester !
me not you

Glen Carbon, IL

#35 Dec 2, 2010
who cares, OLIN suck, you people that have never worred there seem to have all the answers.. I cant wait for this place to move then go belly up... goood riddens
shellybelly

Granite City, IL

#36 Dec 2, 2010
me not you wrote:
who cares, OLIN suck, you people that have never worred there seem to have all the answers.. I cant wait for this place to move then go belly up... goood riddens
Hey...if you don't want or like your job why don't you just quit right now and let somebody that's been out of work or is working for a mere $8-$11 hr.have it.You all sound like a bunch of babies. You can't have your cake and eat it too!
Mrs Brass

AOL

#38 Dec 5, 2010
Joe Rupp wrote:
Global is going to buy out Olin Winchester !
Global already own Winchester. It time East Alton realize that this company was sold when they sold Brass. Just take a look at the Main building down in East Alton. It says Brass, now you don't see Olin name on the credit union any more. Global just brought the rights to use the name. This whole things has been a long time coming. The competitor move south to Arkansas and are making more money than Olin is so, of course they have to stay competitive and make more than Remington. It has been said that Olin owns a part of Remington. JUST GREED!!! Of course they want the union workers to look like the bad guys like always. It's out of their hands now it's time to look to God for the answer. The bible speaks of GREED and Joey and the rest will pay the cost of what they are doing. First Mississippi next Mexico greedy people will never have enough money.
Bobby Joe

Jackson, TN

#39 Dec 8, 2010
me not you wrote:
Well I've never worred there either but with your superior grasp of the English language and spelling I'm sure you will go far in your job search.
shellybelly

Granite City, IL

#40 Dec 8, 2010
me not you wrote:
Sorry to disapoint you but my husband DOES work at Olin and he finds NOTHING wrong with the company!!!!
shellybelly

Granite City, IL

#41 Dec 8, 2010
Bobby Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I've never worred there either but with your superior grasp of the English language and spelling I'm sure you will go far in your job search.
LoL...good going "BobbyJoe". Point made!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Godfrey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
She's a homewrecker (Feb '14) Oct 20 Zeb 10
Destiny Marie Garrett Oct 20 Jane 1
Dan R. PRITZ/ 58yr.old friend of Bob Shane Oct 13 could do better e... 1
Paslay Realty Oct 12 freespeecher 1
keely wathan Oct 10 real talk 5
tony springman Oct 4 foe 1
Stephanie Page...yuck Oct 2 sickened 1
Godfrey Dating
Find my Match

Godfrey Jobs