Teen marijuana 'does treat my pain'

Teen marijuana 'does treat my pain'

There are 97 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Apr 1, 2009, titled Teen marijuana 'does treat my pain'. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

John Dunbar is only 19, but a disease that attacked the nerves in his legs makes it difficult and painful for him to walk.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#85 Apr 5, 2009
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your dope smokin has killed a few too many brain cells b/c you missed the whole point of Ted's post. And if these people are in so much pain they already offer pills that contain THC to cancer patients.
Those pills are for nausia...so if I take one of those pills and because of "nausia", puke it back up, what good did it do me??
laughing at U

United States

#86 Apr 5, 2009
pjdutchville wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like your "doctor" is more messed up than YOU are.
I am a Doctor. Would you care to debate the subject? I have more ammunition than you. I would love a chance to prove it. Do you tell your airline pilot how to fly too?

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#87 Apr 5, 2009
pjdutchville wrote:
Ooooooh! Seems as though my "corrupt thoughts" have struck a "pinched" or compressed nerve. That's what causes back pain, you know. I know people who have no disc material at all between vertebrae, and have no pain whatsoever.(Yes, I have SEVERAL physicians in my family, before you go off on that tangent). Smoking your marijuana only masks your symptoms, it doesn't CURE the problem. In post #64, you speak about back discs wearing out with age. By your logic, shouldn't we ALL have back problems before we die? My guess is that you're lazy, and should spend some of your money on making a better and healthier life for yourself. But if that's (weed) what floats your boat...toke on....I really don't give a damn what you do or think. Look back, I am a financial planner, NOT an insurance man. That is only a portion of my required degree. In fact, I have a doctorate in it.
I have found it impossible to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. So, "buzz" off. Get it?..."BUZZ" off...or are you truly that simple?
Ya know dutchie...you are really a card...nowhere was it EVER mentioned that MJ or ANY drug can cure worn disks...nowhere...what a dink you are.
And if you have doctors in your family or whatever that are telling you that the disks in your back are NOT wearing out with age...well..I feel sorry for you and you are more uneducated and brainwashed than I ever imagined anyone could be.
Maybe you need to consult a REAL doctor for some REAL information.

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#88 Apr 5, 2009
laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the whole point of Ted's post. Those of us paying attention learned several pages ago that the study Ted was quoting was out dated and the very Dr that Ted was quoting did a complete 180 degree turn. He later came out and said everything in that previous study (the one Ted was quoting) was wrong! Pay attention loser. Maybe you and Ted can get together sometime and discuss the dangers of sailing off a flat Earth.
By the way, synthetic THC is proven not to have the same effect or the immediacy that smoking it does. Fool. Go back to your Bud Light and leave this debate to the adults.
There are those that will live in their brainwashed, prescription "gooood" drug induced, fantasy world that will never listen...

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#89 Apr 5, 2009
laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Doctor. Would you care to debate the subject? I have more ammunition than you. I would love a chance to prove it. Do you tell your airline pilot how to fly too?
Oh but "dutchie" has doctors in his family...yup yup wink wink...
He has all the answers, if you don't believe him...just ask him...
laughing at U

United States

#90 Apr 5, 2009
pjdutchville wrote:
Ooooooh! Seems as though my "corrupt thoughts" have struck a "pinched" or compressed nerve. That's what causes back pain, you know. I know people who have no disc material at all between vertebrae, and have no pain whatsoever.(Yes, I have SEVERAL physicians in my family, before you go off on that tangent). Smoking your marijuana only masks your symptoms, it doesn't CURE the problem. In post #64, you speak about back discs wearing out with age. By your logic, shouldn't we ALL have back problems before we die? My guess is that you're lazy, and should spend some of your money on making a better and healthier life for yourself. But if that's (weed) what floats your boat...toke on....I really don't give a damn what you do or think. Look back, I am a financial planner, NOT an insurance man. That is only a portion of my required degree. In fact, I have a doctorate in it.
I have found it impossible to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. So, "buzz" off. Get it?..."BUZZ" off...or are you truly that simple?
You have a doctorate in financial planning? LOL---OK. What Online program did you go through?

"(Yes, I have SEVERAL physicians in my family, before you go off on that tangent)" OOOOOhhhhh. You are now qualified to discuss any subject within the medical community. You should think about joining the MSMS. I'm sure they would allow you entry, based on your family member's credentials.
laughing at U

United States

#91 Apr 5, 2009
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know dutchie...you are really a card...nowhere was it EVER mentioned that MJ or ANY drug can cure worn disks...nowhere...what a dink you are.
And if you have doctors in your family or whatever that are telling you that the disks in your back are NOT wearing out with age...well..I feel sorry for you and you are more uneducated and brainwashed than I ever imagined anyone could be.
Maybe you need to consult a REAL doctor for some REAL information.
He obviously doesn't understand that every single pain medication in the world only 'masks' and doesn't 'cure' anything. Don't worry about him, he's brought a toothpick to a knife fight.
Factory Ratt

Chicago, IL

#92 Apr 5, 2009
It's an herb for crying out loud. Leave us pot smokers alone. Knock before entering with munchies or we will bite an ear off.

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#93 Apr 5, 2009
laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
He obviously doesn't understand that every single pain medication in the world only 'masks' and doesn't 'cure' anything. Don't worry about him, he's brought a toothpick to a knife fight.
Yup...figured that out also...
Thanks for your support...I have my own way of dealing with the pain...thank god he can't force me to do it his way...having the choice is my right as an Amreican...and I'm not crying to anyone about it...like he is.
Kidkaline

Rapid City, MI

#94 Apr 23, 2009
I'm one of those odd folks, tree hunging moderate who owns guns and hunts, don't believe in the death penalty but does believe that government should stay the hell out of my home.

I find it funny that last year over 12,000 people in this country were killed by guns, but yet we still lock up people for marijuana. And no, I don't smoke it. When will we learn that government's role is not to protect people from bad habits?

Just my two cents worth...
TSTF

Grand Rapids, MI

#95 Apr 26, 2009
Admins: Why did you delete my post?
Truth Stranger Than Fiction burn a hole in your eyes?
Your tragic whoever you are.
The post is worth it to me to type again except:
I'll bet your that cliche slinging comic reporter i complained on 2 yrs ago.
Legal weed or canabinol for those in need.
I voted yes for medical marijuana and stem cell research. I dont use weed or any drug but i might need stem cells someday-instead of weed.

“DRILL FOR OIL?, "YES WE CAN"”

Since: Jul 08

Harrison, MI

#96 Apr 26, 2009
I was thinking, if you got some fake plastic pot plants and put them around the house outside for landscaping.

LOL

Since: Sep 08

United States

#97 Apr 27, 2009
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your dope smokin has killed a few too many brain cells b/c you missed the whole point of Ted's post. And if these people are in so much pain they already offer pills that contain THC to cancer patients.
If they can take it in a pill why can't they smoke it if that works better for them. Doctors have all kinds of choices in administering drugs. They can give you an IV drip, a pill or a shot for some drugs. If some people benefit more from smoking the THC than taking pill because they can't keep the pill down what is the problem. You have already allowed them to have the THC so why complain about the delivery method other than irrational paranoia.

Since: Apr 09

Commerce Township, MI

#98 Apr 27, 2009
WOW! readng these post really makes me know (what's wrong with the world today) So So Eager to pass judgement on someone they don't even know.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#99 Apr 27, 2009
GR Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
If they can take it in a pill why can't they smoke it if that works better for them. Doctors have all kinds of choices in administering drugs. They can give you an IV drip, a pill or a shot for some drugs. If some people benefit more from smoking the THC than taking pill because they can't keep the pill down what is the problem. You have already allowed them to have the THC so why complain about the delivery method other than irrational paranoia.
Yep Pete I agree here some people just can't take pills and smoking is a much better delivery method. Of course there are those that will say its damaging there lungs. "Hey dang it I am already sick" if it makes them feel better whats the difference. Its just like withholding morphine from a cancer patient who is dieing because they may become addicted.
growin gardens

Sparta, MI

#100 Apr 27, 2009
There are many people who have not encountered a life altering disease or traumatic injury. It's amazing that the science has provided us with ways to save lives. For that, I personally am grateful - having a child survive a horribly traumatic accident several years ago. Part of the ongoing science is, now that "we've" saved lives, how do we offer a quality of life. Surely this applies to many human conditions, afflictions.

If you are not a person who has personally experienced either yourself or someone very close to you, then you spend more time thinking about this issue, than typing about it. just my 2 cents.
toke

Grand Blanc, MI

#101 Jul 27, 2013
Ted Nugent wrote:
Dude even looks like a stoner, they make it sound like he never used until he had pain and then magically grew his hippie hair and developed glazed over eyes. Good PR for the ganja gang.
Seriously...you know NOTHING about this issue. Shut up about it and about people you don't even know. Ignorant douche.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gobles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LGBT group asks Civil Rights Commission for leg... Aug 15 Gremlin 4
News Signs from Kalamazoo rally denounce KKK, neo-Na... Aug 15 Rick 1
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Aug 3 Fun Facts 635
News Grievance filed over mowing goats at university... Jul 24 Faith 2
News Truck of missing man found. Body found inside. (Dec '07) Jan '15 thesooru 6
News Police find cocaine, marijuana, vodka during tr... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Anon 1
friend (Jan '13) Jan '13 redneck man 1

Gobles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gobles Mortgages