Life in prison for Troy Tyo's killer

Life in prison for Troy Tyo's killer

There are 26 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Oct 31, 2008, titled Life in prison for Troy Tyo's killer. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Kristofer Thompson will spend the rest of his life in prison for killing Troy Tyo nearly a year ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
deb from michigan

United States

#1 Oct 31, 2008
I am glad the town is helping the childern of this whole ordeal
This story has finally came to a end but the horror will remain for the town of Allegan forever
My heart goes out for the family. May God be with you always xooxx
jajjsd

Crawfordsville, IN

#2 Oct 31, 2008
All scum bags ,,, we need the death penalty is needed here in Michigan
Sick of it

Madison, WI

#3 Oct 31, 2008
I completely agree jajjsd, if you purposefully take a life you should lose yours. Especially to these men who think they can get away with killing their wife.
perrigo

Wichita, KS

#4 Oct 31, 2008
What do you expect from a bunch of rural allegan folk. They don't know any better. Besides they are all made even dumber from all of the chemicals the local pharmaceutical company dumps down the drain. Trust me, that is where they have us put most of it rather than the hazardous waste drum. DON'T DRINK THE WATER. Why do you think that 99% of the people who work in the lab do not live in allegan.

rval3

Since: Jul 08

Deerfield, IL

#5 Oct 31, 2008
I cannot wrap my mind around what was going thru these peoples' minds as they plotted this; it is an evil I will never be able to understand
turdshooter

Canton, OH

#6 Oct 31, 2008
perrigo wrote:
What do you expect from a bunch of rural allegan folk. They don't know any better. Besides they are all made even dumber from all of the chemicals the local pharmaceutical company dumps down the drain. Trust me, that is where they have us put most of it rather than the hazardous waste drum. DON'T DRINK THE WATER. Why do you think that 99% of the people who work in the lab do not live in allegan.
you must be another lug nut who has fallen off the turn-up truck... what does living in allegan have to do with why Trot Tyo was killed?

i think these 2 losers got exactly what they deserve. life without parole. the only thing missing is a picture of Troy Tyo painted on their cell walls. it could serve as a daily reminder of why they will never walk out side a razor wired fence again.
simplegirl

Holland, MI

#7 Oct 31, 2008
perrigo wrote:
um excuse me just because they may live in differnet place than you do doesnt mean theyre bad... this could have happened any place any where at any time...it just so happens that it was in allegan...its ignorant for someone to think that these types of things only happen in certain places.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#9 Oct 31, 2008
And this is why we need the death penalty! These losers get to sit and be taken care of forever.
An al Rap e

United States

#10 Oct 31, 2008
Enjoy prison!!
deb from michigan

United States

#11 Oct 31, 2008
perrigo wrote:
Well dang now I know what my problem is I grew up there and now that I don't I don't fit in I am drinking some other kind of water
So that is my excuse what is yours?
At least I never killed any body
Just a mom

La Fayette, GA

#12 Oct 31, 2008
THANK GOD!!!!! The real losers are the kids. The whole thing was over custody, and now the kids don't have either parent. I didn't know Troy personally, but from what I've heard, he was a good person, and father. I felt the pain of the community as I worked as a cashier in town. I was amazed by the way everyone lined the streets to show their respect when Troy was taken atop the fire engine to the cemetery. Those people don't deserve to live in a prison where they have three meals a day, a bed to sleep in, and free cable TV. They should have been put into cages and left in the gravel pit to rot!!!
Amazed

United States

#14 Nov 1, 2008
simplegirl wrote:
<quoted text>
um excuse me just because they may live in differnet place than you do doesnt mean theyre bad... this could have happened any place any where at any time...it just so happens that it was in allegan...its ignorant for someone to think that these types of things only happen in certain places.
And the award for the most ignorant statement goes to you. The pharmaceutical company here does no differently form amy other pharmaceutical company. I think that maybe the illigal drugs that you use have clouded or burnt your brain. What you sound like is a bitter person who could not gain employment from Perrigo. And, quiet as it is kept, not all of the lab tech live outside of Allegan! What a moron you have made yourself sound like! And how did comments about a murderer and the victim and his family get twisted in your head to an issue with the water? This is you life on drugs!!!
hondaguy49

Syracuse, NY

#15 Nov 1, 2008
I understand the hateful comments. I hope the Tyo family can find healing. As a family member of Kris who has known him since he was three, I can assure everyone these were not the actions of the Kris I've known and loved. This process hasn't been a picnic for his family either. I hope he finds God, and is used by Him in a mighty way.
just fix it

Loveland, CO

#17 Nov 1, 2008
perrigo wrote:
There might be truth in this, ever since I can remember, there has been really strange killings out there.
Tweetypants

United States

#18 Nov 1, 2008
just fix it wrote:
<quoted text>
There might be truth in this, ever since I can remember, there has been really strange killings out there.
Hello aren't all murders strange and not just caused in Allegan, use your head and think about what you said......How has this gone from a murder to the water which you have no idea about.....
Amazed

United States

#19 Nov 1, 2008
just fix it wrote:
<quoted text>
I am amazed that the person who is behind this can even type. All murders are senseless and without reason. The only reason for murder is that the person commiting it has NO control over their actions. Anger is a fact of life - but the way you deal with it is something only you can control. If everyone killed because they were angry or did not get their way - we would be down to the last person to fire a shot. Think before you write
Tweetypants

United States

#20 Nov 1, 2008
As a friend on the Tyo family, I am glad that with this behind them and justice served, they can begin to finally get on with trying to adjust to life without there son who was loved by all. It is to be known they will never be completey healed, but at least they have the girls that they can know are truly part of troy and that troy will always be with them. God bless the family.
Kris

United States

#21 Nov 1, 2008
perrigo wrote:
Who let you out of your cage? You obviously have the IQ of a slug. You are totally off subject when you go from a murder to drinking water. Why would anyone trust you? That would be like taking advice from a dead person as obviously you are brain dead. I agree with Amazed - you have fried what brain cells you did have and now are in a lonely void.
Happy in Allegan

United States

#22 Nov 1, 2008
Tweetypants wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello aren't all murders strange and not just caused in Allegan, use your head and think about what you said......How has this gone from a murder to the water which you have no idea about.....
Boy we dumb folk here in Allegan sure do us some strange killings...Not like those intelligent folk from Virginia and Grand Rapids who do drivebys and kill prosititues and start houses on fire and those crazy intelligent murders..you people all need some prayers..and didn't Winky and Kris live in Gobles?? Oh yeah, they must transfer the Allegan City water there...
Kris

United States

#23 Nov 1, 2008
Happy in Allegan wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy we dumb folk here in Allegan sure do us some strange killings...Not like those intelligent folk from Virginia and Grand Rapids who do drivebys and kill prosititues and start houses on fire and those crazy intelligent murders..you people all need some prayers..and didn't Winky and Kris live in Gobles?? Oh yeah, they must transfer the Allegan City water there...
You hit the nail on the head. Why don't people actually think before they put a STUPID post up. The killers in this case were from Gobles so I guess now that person will blame the Gobles water supply for some crazy reason. And once more, what in the heck does the water have to do with the murder of an innocent man?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gobles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local 90s song about Kalamazoo 21 hr ___Themh___ 1
News Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) Sep 17 Bambi 828
News LGBT group asks Civil Rights Commission for leg... Aug '17 Gremlin 4
News Signs from Kalamazoo rally denounce KKK, neo-Na... Aug '17 Rick 1
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Aug '17 Fun Facts 635
News Grievance filed over mowing goats at university... Jul '17 Faith 2
News Truck of missing man found. Body found inside. (Dec '07) Jan '15 thesooru 6

Gobles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gobles Mortgages