Detective accused of sex assault | Th...

Detective accused of sex assault | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 12 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Sep 11, 2010, titled Detective accused of sex assault | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The director of the Athens County Narcotics Enforcement Task Force has been arrested and charged with sexually assaulting a female informant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Lolita Shih Tzu

Columbus, OH

#1 Sep 11, 2010
This guy is a disgrace and a coward!
What's wrong with these law enforcers? Yesterday was a policeman, two weeks ago a prison guard, the week before a highway patrol, today a detective...Don't they have wives? No time to develop a normal relation with a woman? Too ugly to call the attention of a female?

Or you are so twisted that you get your kicks scaring, forcing, abusing and beating the females under your control?
mike

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Sep 11, 2010
Good cop...BAD COP.
timmy

Youngstown, OH

#3 Sep 11, 2010
If found QUILTY does he get to keep his Pension, Health care,Comp time,vacation days,personal Days, and sick days! And anything that I missed. When are the POPULAR VOTE GETTERS going to enact a LAW or Write Law to correct this (WRONG DOING) by servants? Or isn't it GAMEFUL for your elected ass?
Stingy

Reynoldsburg, OH

#4 Sep 11, 2010
All cops down there are guilty until proven innocent. Of course, that part of the state they are all inbred with their WV and KY neighbors.
Resident of many years

Bellefontaine, OH

#6 Sep 11, 2010
We always suspend people with pay. My question is if they are found to be guilty, is the amount paid collected from his pension. I believe when this stuff happens he should receive all monies withheld from his pay for his pension contributions and not be eligible to receive any pension from state with the exception of matching funds. No future penson payments. should be due.

This crap would stop immediately.

Does anyone else agree?
Paul

Kingsport, TN

#7 Sep 11, 2010
Folks, shouldn't we let this play out. This could be a matter of a woman being ticked off and making undue accusations. We all know that happens sometimes too.
Yikes

Delaware, OH

#8 Sep 11, 2010
He's been suspended with pay.
In other words:
He was rewarded with a vacation
athens hilljack

Sandy Ridge, NC

#9 Sep 11, 2010
He was arrested at a hotel with her...doubt if she was making unfounded accusations.
just a thought

United States

#11 Sep 11, 2010
too late now but were they given a drug test. Do know if you would have that cop you would have a got a stiffr sentence then if you would have shot that informant.. If she was under charges how good of an informant was she.
Simon

Chicago, IL

#12 Sep 11, 2010
I read a comment in a previous article about how the Sheriff (Pat Kelly) in Athens has been arrested beforeample of him. I'm sure there are still good cops ou. It also said that his son was arrested on felony drug charges while he was living with the sheriff earlier this year. Of course anyone could post something on here but it sounds crazy. No wonder they are having so many problems in Athens. This detective guy should be locked up for good. They should make an example of him. This just goes to show that you can't trust someone just because they have a badge.

You would think that background checks would be able to identify someone with the mind of a rapist. Then again look at the administration, maybe they wanted this guy in there to do their dirty work! If you read into the article again it states that Prosecutor Waren waited until the night of the arrest to tell the Sheriff. I don't know how they normally do these things but it seems like there are some trust issues between the prosecutors office and the Sheriff's office. It also looks weird when the prosecutor goes out of his was towards the end of the article to show his faith in the sheriff. In other words he didn't trust him during the interrogation or whatever you call it but he will vogue for him after the fact. Seems like some major political BS!
Dan

United States

#13 Sep 11, 2010
I am overjoyed to hear this. I hope that bastard gets 30 years in the slammer, getting slammed!

-Someone who thinks police that use informants to entrap drug users deserve to rot in hell.
Buckwheat

Columbus, OH

#14 Sep 11, 2010
The spineless waste our resources fighting marijuana and molesting snitches. Enjoy lights out, fish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glouster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
law enforcement (Aug '12) Feb 15 Andy 2
News Homeless housing project raises concerns Nov '16 Akron14 1
Jerry Hallowell Oct '16 Mislead 1
News Wolf Creek haunted corn maze (Apr '15) Oct '16 Tabitha 3
What going on in corning Aug '16 Citizen 1
looking for old friend (Mar '15) Aug '16 Ohio 3
Here we go again... (Jan '16) Jul '16 Brown Crayon 6

Glouster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance