Day-care operators' dad indicted on rape charge | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 52 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 27, 2011, titled Day-care operators' dad indicted on rape charge | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A 74-year-old man whose two daughters run separate home day cares in Athens County is accused of raping one of the children in their care, Sheriff Patrick Kelly said yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Amazed

Columbus, OH

#46 Jul 27, 2011
BoB wrote:
Lots of sick people out there. Home daycares you really can't be sure because most are not audited. But then most home daycares are cheaper than the business type daycares. So you have to weigh your options.
I have a toddler in a home daycare and sometimes I wonder when the woman who is taking care of my child.. when her husband comes home from work.. what really happens. My toddler can not speak yet so who knows what really happens.
It sounds like you don't trust your sitter. If that's the case, you need to make other arrangements for your childcare. Your child is counting on you to look after his/her safety. You can't be concerned with offending the babysitter.

You can try to find a new child care provider from your county Certified Child Care Provider list. They will be regularly audited, have to follow state rules, and take ongoing child development/safety classes. It's not a perfect situation, but it sounds better than the setup you have now. Good luck.
Kasich is a tool

Dublin, OH

#48 Jul 27, 2011
lynch mob his azz wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter to me if he raped, molested or groped.... It's all the same to me. There is no innocense here !!! And no we don't live in a civilized country. People die everyday over dumb ****! I wish this deputy was still on the force... Hopefully the fathers and mothers will take this into their own hands if our so called'justice system' doesn't!!!
The United States is not civilized? Do we live in Iran??

Well it is good that knuckle dragging chimps like you and Deputy are not running this country or you would turn it into Planet of the Apes. This is a land of laws. Not a land of vigilantes. I would rather see you shot for your views to destroy our system than let a guilty person face what you suggest.

And by the way. Learn how to spell. "innocense"???? REALLY? Dumb(as)s

Since: Jun 11

Hilliard, OH

#49 Jul 27, 2011
Kasich is a tool wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the whole thread Douc(he)bag and then maybe it will click in your dimwit mind.
Oh - name calling. That is always a good argument. Good game, chap!

Since: Dec 09

Round Rock, TX

#50 Jul 27, 2011
RodeHardGrl wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, that's because the level of violent crime by blacks is SEVEN TIMES what it should be.
Most people with a shred of intelligence could figure that out from the daily multiple SUSPECT BLACK MALE stories
FYI, BLACKS who are just 12% of the US population account for 35% of CHILD MOLESTERS,
meaning that BLACKS ARE FOUR TIMES MORE LIKELY TO MOLEST CHILDREN THAN WHITES
YOU LOSE
OMG you are so clueless. This issues is NOT about race. It is about where and with whom children spend their time. More than 90% of victims of child sexual abuse know the perpetrator (and a large majority of this number are people related to the child or a boyfriend of a mother). This is what happened in these cases - he is the father of the daycare owner(s), so he visits and gets to know the kids. http://www.d2l.org/site/c.4dICIJOkGcISE/b.603...
Amazing

Delaware, OH

#52 Jul 27, 2011
Well, if he did it, hope he gets what he has coming. If he is a perv, it must have been hard to hide for 74 years. Kids will repeat what they hear. The one little girl said he "patted" her butt when he hugged her goodbye. That certainly does not constitute groping in my book. A person's life is going to be ruined...I hope this isn't a "yeah mommy, he has touched me too" bandwagon. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
puggy

Columbus, OH

#53 Jul 27, 2011
I'm having a hard time thinking his daughters had no idea their father had perverse tendencies. These guys don't just start acting in this manner suddenly at 74. Did they, in fact, know, and still allow their father into their establishments? If that's the case his kids need some bond, as well.

Hilliard, OH

#54 Jul 27, 2011
puggy wrote:
I'm having a hard time thinking his daughters had no idea their father had perverse tendencies. These guys don't just start acting in this manner suddenly at 74. Did they, in fact, know, and still allow their father into their establishments? If that's the case his kids need some bond, as well.
That's one of the reasons I wondered is he was senile - had dementia. But, I agree- if he isn't mentally ill/impaired, they had to have had some clue that he wasn't safe.

Hilliard, OH

#55 Jul 27, 2011
barney frank wrote:
You people are such bigoted haters. Don't you know that adults who are attracted to youngsters sexually were just born that way? Same as homosexuals. Just born that way. Stop being so judgmental and hateful. People should be allowed to love whomever they want to. Agreed?
F*** No. Two adults can do whatever they want as far as I am concerned. A child is OFF LIMITS ALWAYS. Are you some perv??????? WTH is wrong with you?

HEY CPD - Trace this guy's computer
puggy

Columbus, OH

#57 Jul 27, 2011
Batser wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one of the reasons I wondered is he was senile - had dementia. But, I agree- if he isn't mentally ill/impaired, they had to have had some clue that he wasn't safe.
Yeah this really seems to be a lose, lose, lose situation. I have no idea how I'll act if (and when) dementia hits me as it is completely hit and miss in my family. I do know that my folks need watched as I have absolutely no idea what's around the corner. How heartbreaking would that be if it were the case? And I am in no way condoning his behavior...I'm just having a difficult time with his daughters allowing this to, at the very least, slip by them. Family issues only remain private when family bills are not paid by charging the general public for services.
this is what it is

Columbus, OH

#58 Jul 31, 2011
well this is a sick think and believe me their has been a lot of response to this....on facebook on pat kelly fb...soo it don't have nothing to do with what skin color you are... soo people just needs to get off of the racist shit this is 2011 come one ppl.. grow up!!!.
Jacksonville

Columbus, OH

#59 Dec 15, 2011
I live right down the road from this crap. Parents if you are worried about who is with your children DO NOT take them to someone else to watch. Parents need to protect their children . no woman in my family works Their Husbands do. NO one is going to take care of your children the way you would. As for the rapist - take all of these sickos line them up and have the victims family shoot their asses down. Problem solved.
whats wrong with you

Columbus, OH

#60 Jan 10, 2012
RodeHardGrl wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, that's because the level of violent crime by blacks is SEVEN TIMES what it should be.
Most people with a shred of intelligence could figure that out from the daily multiple SUSPECT BLACK MALE stories
FYI, BLACKS who are just 12% of the US population account for 35% of CHILD MOLESTERS,
meaning that BLACKS ARE FOUR TIMES MORE LIKELY TO MOLEST CHILDREN THAN WHITES
YOU LOSE
No, apparently you lost your man to a black woman. Get over it, and stop being so damn hateful, loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glouster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whats up Glousterville May 18 lady 1
Drug dealers (Jun '10) Apr 29 drug hater 8
what happened to mackinsey Ray Roberts!!! Apr 27 Just wondering 1
malcolms???? (Sep '12) Apr 27 Just wondering 2
News Wolf Creek haunted corn maze Apr '15 Jade 1
Missing corning dogs Mar '15 Doc12345 1
looking for old friend Mar '15 Pennie Lane 2
More from around the web

Glouster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE