Buchtel coach charged with sexual bat...

Buchtel coach charged with sexual battery

There are 18 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Feb 26, 2007, titled Buchtel coach charged with sexual battery. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

The football coach at Buchtel High School in Akron was arrested at 4:45 p.m. today, the Akron Police Department reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

Janay Whiteside

Kent, OH

#1 Feb 27, 2007
This is crazy. I was a student at Buchtel High School and I just recently gradute in 2006. Coach Brown was a well respected man in school as well as in our community. For something like this to happen is unbelievable.

“Bitches hate me but i love me!”

Since: Feb 07

Ravenna baby!!

#2 Feb 27, 2007
wow!!!! thats like all i can say!
johnnyblaze

Fairview, PA

#3 Feb 27, 2007
16 is the age of consent in ohio, but unfortunately he was in a position of authority. if she was willing, i dont see anything wrong here, humans have sex.
none

Warren, OH

#4 Feb 28, 2007
johnnyblaze wrote:
16 is the age of consent in ohio, but unfortunately he was in a position of authority. if she was willing, i dont see anything wrong here, humans have sex.
GET A LIFE-LOSER!
Go Orange

Marengo, OH

#5 Mar 9, 2007
A...Innocent yuntil proven guilty...so we gotta wait
B. If he did it, he was wrong
C. Have you guys noticed that this stuff is going on all the time these days..has the structure for reporting and finding out about this kind of stuff improved, or has our society changed?
I am wondering if is both?
Shishi

United States

#6 Mar 26, 2007
I've only been living out here for two years now, and when I transferred to Buchtel, Coach Brown was a great teacher and coach who was well respected and liked by a lot of people and teachers. I just can't believe--WON'T believe--he would do something like this. I won't believe it until the courts have decided what happened based on the evidence.
Nancy

Tulsa, OK

#7 Mar 26, 2007
Janay Whiteside wrote:
This is crazy. I was a student at Buchtel High School and I just recently gradute in 2006. Coach Brown was a well respected man in school as well as in our community. For something like this to happen is unbelievable.
You just recently gradute? What does that mean? Is this what is being graduated from Buchtel High School? Hope your next job application doesn't have a spelling test.
Nancy

Tulsa, OK

#8 Mar 26, 2007
Shishi wrote:
I've only been living out here for two years now, and when I transferred to Buchtel, Coach Brown was a great teacher and coach who was well respected and liked by a lot of people and teachers. I just can't believe--WON'T believe--he would do something like this. I won't believe it until the courts have decided what happened based on the evidence.
Demand and independent investigation. March on City Hall. These charges can't be right because he is black. Blacks do nothing against the law. You are absolutely right. And the alleged victim in this case; a seventeen year old sophomore? Ha. I guess she had to take some time out to have her baby. Who cares about this. He did her and got caught. So what. You all will let him go and say it is the community's fault.
Debi

Tulsa, OK

#9 Mar 26, 2007
All you Buchtel grads have fun trying to read whatever language it is you are writing. "What I can beleeve, bad thing, sex. she said and he no one want to beleave that. Letsus wait for prouf. Can you Griffins understand that? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!
white girl

Canton, OH

#10 Mar 26, 2007
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>Demand and independent investigation. March on City Hall. These charges can't be right because he is black. Blacks do nothing against the law. You are absolutely right. And the alleged victim in this case; a seventeen year old sophomore? Ha. I guess she had to take some time out to have her baby. Who cares about this. He did her and got caught. So what. You all will let him go and say it is the community's fault.
Yeah, and maybe the white teacher in Springfield who had a relationship with her handicapped student should call on the community......
white girl

Canton, OH

#11 Mar 26, 2007
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>Demand and independent investigation. March on City Hall. These charges can't be right because he is black. Blacks do nothing against the law. You are absolutely right. And the alleged victim in this case; a seventeen year old sophomore? Ha. I guess she had to take some time out to have her baby. Who cares about this. He did her and got caught. So what. You all will let him go and say it is the community's fault.
Is it right for the white teacher in Springfield to have sex with students?
Shishi

United States

#12 Apr 12, 2007
Nancy wrote:
Hmmm...that is very odd, I never once mentioned he was more or less innocent because of his ethnic background, and I certainly never blamed the community. I simply knew him, and had never met or known the girl--it's in human nature to be upset and want to wish for the best and remain loyal. Who are you to judge me because of how I feel about such a topic? Who are you to judge our school? If he's guilty, then it's his fault, yes, and he'll have to pay for it. But I am still allowed to hope things turn out for the better.

Since: Apr 07

Ohio

#13 Apr 12, 2007
johnnyblaze wrote:
Teachers and coaches are considered to have influence on their students that others may not have. A teacher or coach may not have a relationship with any student (even if they are 18). Teachers know this; some perhaps do not think through the consequences before they behave.
Jaerett

Massillon, OH

#14 Apr 12, 2007
I th'o't da teacher iz uh pimp-tight nig. ewven though he has it wiff da underage ho. It iz not da comunities fault, da guy has urges. So what. It iz natural fo' human ta seek out da bomb possable mate. Dont hate beacuse ya can not git her yourself. When I wuz 17 I wanted dis here whack teacher dat wuz fine. The nig iz uh hero in muh ma book. what 'chew trippin foo'
Sarge

Mansfield, OH

#15 May 18, 2007
Jaerett, you're a riot.......
Sarge

Mansfield, OH

#16 May 18, 2007
What's with all these teachers banging kids? No wonder the public schools are failing. I guess the NEA couldn't save his ass from prosecution. Apparently this guy had problems in the Canton school system a few years ago too.
Mike from Akron

Akron, OH

#17 May 18, 2007
I wouldn't assume this is only a "public school" problem.
old news

Warren, OH

#18 Mar 14, 2014
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>You just recently gradute? What does that mean? Is this what is being graduated from Buchtel High School? Hope your next job application doesn't have a spelling test.
clearly it was typo..get a life!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glouster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corning PD (Jul '17) Apr 15 SpearsThrown 2
Julie Sheridan (Mar '12) Mar '18 Willie 10
nikki vore (Mar '15) Sep '17 name goes here 5
Kristy Woolum (Aug '17) Aug '17 Molly 1
single ladies (Apr '17) Apr '17 hey ya 1
where's the hot females (Jun '12) Mar '17 Maverick 5
Jerry Hallowell (Oct '16) Oct '16 Mislead 1

Glouster Jobs

Personal Finance

Glouster Mortgages