Sabo's rant on Pastor Woodard

Posted in the Gloucester Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Disgusted

Newport News, VA

#1 Mar 31, 2011
sabo's latest rant on pastor woodard. Seems he's only interested in denegrating the man. Haven't seen one person post in favor of pastor on matt's dp blog. Doc says that matt won't allow any posts in pastor's favor through. Sounds like matt, too afraid of an intelligent discussion that he might lose. Hey, when do you think we'll get a real reporter in Gloucester?
Think about it

Hayes, VA

#2 Mar 31, 2011
When you have something intelligent to say, then maybe someone will listen to you, until then, DOC, no one will.
beautiful day

Blackstone, VA

#3 Mar 31, 2011
Matt controls what is put on this TOPIX Blog? I don't think so. No, I know so.
Disgusted

Newport News, VA

#4 Apr 1, 2011
On Matt's blog. Doc says Matt won't allow any 'opposing' viewpoints on Matt's blog.
Think about it

Hayes, VA

#5 Apr 1, 2011
Yeah, well, the doc also said the foul four were good supervisors, just as he said he would show his neighbors he was innocent when he went to court.

I'd say his credibility isn't very good.
Dr D

Gloucester, VA

#6 Apr 2, 2011
I remain amazed at the 'dirty' politics in Gloucester. How people use the state to attack people they have jealousy towards, how they use forums to make personal attacks on others. How the newspaper presents only a 'limited' view of the facts to sway the 'less intelligent' to their bigotry.
One potential candidate approached me the other day on how others were using a personal matter to get him 'out' of the upcoming election. Sad. Sad part was that he is a 'gang of 40' supporter. I don't care which side it seems to be, how do we get rid of the dirtiest politics I have ever seen in any locality?
Dr D is delusional

White Stone, VA

#7 Apr 2, 2011
You're a dirt criminal. No one cares what you think.
Think about it

Hayes, VA

#8 Apr 2, 2011
Dr D wrote:
I remain amazed at the 'dirty' politics in Gloucester. How people use the state to attack people they have jealousy towards, how they use forums to make personal attacks on others. How the newspaper presents only a 'limited' view of the facts to sway the 'less intelligent' to their bigotry.
One potential candidate approached me the other day on how others were using a personal matter to get him 'out' of the upcoming election. Sad. Sad part was that he is a 'gang of 40' supporter. I don't care which side it seems to be, how do we get rid of the dirtiest politics I have ever seen in any locality?
Well, first you can go back to the other localities where you think the politics are better... But more importantly, you seem to know little about the history of our county and how the dirty got started with your four friends, the former (and soon to be former) supervisors who ran our county into the ground.

What you call the gang of 40, the rest of the people of Gloucester call the Patriotic 40. And you seem to be in a vast minority with your opinion. So keep on blaming Matt Sabo. Most unintelligent people don't have enough sense to know where the real problem lies. The intelligent ones do know where the problem is and they voted out one of those problems in 2009 and they will vote out the other three problems in 2011. Starting with your friend WOODARD!
Dr D

Gloucester, VA

#9 Apr 3, 2011
Gloucester. Dirty politics. It's an evil culture. Hopefully soon there will be enough 'come heres' to fix the problem.
Think about it

Hayes, VA

#10 Apr 3, 2011
It was the 'come heres' who started the problems.
banana

Gloucester, VA

#11 Apr 4, 2011
As a come here I resemble that remark. Yeah, BOTH of them. I didn't start a problem, I inherited it. Fact remains...If you want to live in a wonderful country community, get off your a$$, contribute and stay involved. I you don't...go back to where you thought life was so grand in the first place. Tired of your rants Bill!!!!!!!!!! TAI...think before your type would be the best advice I can offer.Gloucester isn't a place it's a way of life. LOVE it or LEAVE it, and if ya' can't say somthing nice, don't say nothing at all!!!!!!!!!!
Think about it

Hayes, VA

#12 Apr 4, 2011
banana, my comment was directed totally at the doc, or should I say dentist, because, as they said in the movie, The Hangover: "He isn't a real doctor, he's just a dentist.

He seems to blame everything on the the "people of Gloucester", when in reality, most of those who caused the problems are recent arrivals who think they know better and want to change Gloucester in their vision.

Like you said, Gloucester IS a way of life and I find over the past twenty plus years I've lived here to be very friendly, helpful community. They look out for each other when the chips are down. Look at all the citizens pitched in in the aftermath of Hurricane Isabel. I know, I was there helping just like everyone else.

Neighbors helping neighbors, that's what most people in Gloucester are like. With a few exceptions...*points to the doc*
That-s right

Gloucester, VA

#13 Apr 4, 2011
I agree TAI. I've lived here over 20 years, too and have found that most Gloucester residents to be very kindhearted, helpful & welcoming. I like being called 'dahlin'- gives me the 'warm & fuzzies.'
I think during/after Isabel many folks felt that "there but for the Grace of God, go I" so everyone pitched in to help - however they could. We were very thankful to still have a home.
Also, I didn't move into this beautiful community & make fun of of locals and their educations, etc. Maybe that's why I've loved it here so much - and have been well-received. Makes a big difference, as you know.
Dr D

Gloucester, VA

#14 Apr 4, 2011
I wonder when matt is going to learn his lesson about going after good people.
Dr D

Suffolk, VA

#15 Apr 5, 2011
Good Lord matt, do you have to get a dig in EVERY article? Except for the $15000 comment, it was a good article. Again, let it go, grow up.
Think about it

Hayes, VA

#16 Apr 5, 2011
I think the $15,000 comment was very necessary. He has outspent every supervisor on travel since his election. And the point I got out of the article was NACO had a report and included Woodard. Why? Because he was there. NACO makes money for every participant at their conferences.

And let's face, conferences provide two major benefits; papers are presented dealing with issues attendees can use to advance their employer's bottom line (new techniques, money saving ideas, etc.) and networking as a way to help your employer.

So I will continue to ask... WHAT HAS WOODARD BROUGHT BACK FROM ANY OF HIS CONFERENCES THAT HAS HELPED THE COUNTY? Hey, I'll even take and idea he has put forward, but to my knowledge, he hasn't done either.
Dr D

Gloucester, VA

#17 Apr 5, 2011
I continue to ask: who's payroll is our favorite reporter on?
Think about it

Hayes, VA

#18 Apr 6, 2011
I'm willing to bet he's on the Daily Press's payroll. I mean, most sane people would see he is a REPORT for the same paper, so simple deductive reasoning points to the obvious.

Gee, for someone who claims be a smart person, you seem kinda dense.
Dr D

Gloucester, VA

#19 Apr 7, 2011
Wow, so sabo's latest rant is on Bay aging. I was fortunate enough to run into one of their exec's today and get the real story. Interesting how mat is so untrusted that he can't get an interview with anyone on staff there. Anyone. Anyone. Did I say Anyone? Digging his own grave, and i dont' have to do a thing.
Whatever

Frederick, MD

#20 Apr 7, 2011
You do realize that Sabo's reporting on Bay Aging is a follow up to another local paper who had already done the original article on Bay Aging a week or two before...(with similar information) And I know you have not talked to any exec from Bay Aging about this issue as this is a personnel issue and no one is allowed to discuss it. That obviously explains why no one would give Sabo an interview...not anyone.. Did I say Anyone... What ever the final outcome, the community will find it out at the same time as you do once they release their findings...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gloucester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bus ride to Newport News Intermediate Nov 19 NickManRig 1
love (Nov '09) Nov 11 Martin garey 6
Review: iLoveKickboxing- Newport News (Aug '16) Nov 10 Ksommers 69
shop with a cop application (Nov '14) Nov 10 Martin garey 4
Former cop pleads guilty to assault (Apr '11) Nov 9 Martin garey 3
News Racist Violence in America (Aug '14) Nov 7 Truth 24
News Newport News cop goes to trial today (Feb '10) Nov 5 Martin garey 9

Gloucester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance