Single vehicle accident in Gloucester...

Single vehicle accident in Gloucester kills one, injures two

There are 78 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Jan 7, 2008, titled Single vehicle accident in Gloucester kills one, injures two. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

A one-vehicle accident Sunday night at Belroi Road and Susan Drive killed two and injured two more, according to rescue personnel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Julie C

Cleveland, OH

#1 Jan 7, 2008
Perhaps some clarification is required, headline states one person killed and yet the article claims two were pronounced dead. Headlines talks of 3 victims in all and article states 4.
Jason

Roanoke, VA

#2 Jan 7, 2008
Title states one was killed with two injured. The story states two killed with two injured.
Gloucester Resident

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 Jan 7, 2008
This happened right down the road from me, it look's like they lost control, hit a guardrail and then a tree. thoughts and prayers with the families.

What is going on in Gloucester with the accidents?
Its SO Sad

Gloucester, VA

#4 Jan 7, 2008
I don't know how much of this is true but I have heard that three have died so far. Brice Harris, Autumn West and Elizabeth West.

I'm interested to see what happens to the driver of this accident! After all that has happened with Deidra Reynold's case!

“Boldly going nowhere...”

Since: Oct 07

Newport News, VA

#5 Jan 7, 2008
My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends. We just lost a friend of ours on New Years day. It's tough to start the new year this way, God bless...
gloucester resident

Gloucester, VA

#6 Jan 7, 2008
You'd think they could correct & update this story! Lousy reporting.
Concerned Citizen

Gloucester, VA

#7 Jan 7, 2008
Its my understanding that Brice Harris, Elizabeth West were killed in the accident and that the Moore brothers are in critical condition. I hear that Brice was the driver of the vehicle. This is a lousy article, please give us an update.
Amy

Lancaster, VA

#8 Jan 7, 2008
This happened in the corner of our front yard and it was a horrific accident. I can't commend the Gloucester volunteer fire and rescue folks enough for their tireless work. They arrived very quickly (accident happened ~10:35 PM and they started arriving on the scene within 5 minutes) and stayed until at least 2:30 AM. My heart breaks for the families and friends of those in the car. I know nothing can ease their pain. But I hope it will bring some small comfort in knowing that their loved ones were surrounded by constant prayers from the concerned neighbors and were cared for by very professional, compassionate and capable emergency responders.
Disapointed

Gloucester, VA

#9 Jan 7, 2008
I can't believe the youth in Gloucester. They drive like it's a video game. It's not a game.. After all the young peoples deaths in the past couple years you'd think the kids in the county would take driving more seriously. Maybe if the parents would pay more attention to how their kids drive this wouldn't be going on either.
Friends to the Lost

Gloucester, VA

#10 Jan 7, 2008
To clear up some of the Rumor's....Brice Harris was not the driver...Jaime Moore was the driver, the older brother to Jarrad Moore.

Rest In Peace and My Prayers go out to those who are left behind!
Concerned Citizen

Gloucester, VA

#11 Jan 7, 2008
Friends of the lost, tell us who all was involved and we can clear all this up. I feel for everyone involved, and have heard so many rumors today don't know what to beleive. How are Jared and Jamie doing, are they critical or are they going to be okay? Was it Elizabeth and not Autumn West?
Gloucester mom

United States

#12 Jan 7, 2008
As a parent I would like to know how we are going to watch how our young adults drive when they are out on their own driving.I know that this county has loss alot of young people due to car accidents,but I am sure we are not the only area that this has happened. I will tell you that when I hear of an accident I do call my oldest because it is a parents worst fear, I also call other friends of my son because I care about his friends. We need to be praying for the families,instead of wondering why GLOUCESTER youth drivers drive as it is said like it's a video game.
Friends to the Lost

Gloucester, VA

#13 Jan 7, 2008
The Elizabeth girl that everyone is referring to is Autumn West. It's her first name. Just to clear that up!
and the parents aren't responsible anymore when their children have become adults and make their own decisions. Brice was 21 and as a 21 year old female my parents don't know where I am at all times. I am out on my own, not living at home! Those parents aren't to blame. God takes you when he's ready for you to come home regardless of how careful you are or how much you check in with everyone.

Those who were involved.... Brice Harris(passed) Autumn (aka Elizabeth) West (passed), Jarrad and Jaime Moore.(in hospital-condition un-known!)They were in bad enough condition to be flown out.
Wondering

Gloucester, VA

#14 Jan 7, 2008
Wondering if the Radio reports that none were wearing seat belts is true. Unreal that someone would drive through Gloucester in this day and age without seat belts.
CRYSTAL

Norfolk, VA

#15 Jan 7, 2008
AUTUM YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU THAT HAVE LOST LOVED ONES IN THIS ACCIDENT TOO.
Resident of Gloucester

Gloucester, VA

#16 Jan 7, 2008
Friend of the lost our thoughts and prayers are with you and the others families. I agree with you, we can not control what our children do when they become adults. We all are going to die and never know when our time will come. I knew Autumn, Jared, and Jamie in school a few years back. This is just another hard blow for the community and all of those involved. We have lost to many young adults in this community. God Bless
A Parent

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#17 Jan 7, 2008
I'm sorry for the families and friends of these young adults. Sometimes an accident is just that, an accident. Stop trying to cast blame and let the investigators do their job.
Gloucester Girl

Gloucester, VA

#18 Jan 7, 2008
Disapointed you need to keep your snobby, nasty comments in Williamsburg. Get a life. I think Gloucester Mom is right on!!
Marie

AOL

#19 Jan 7, 2008
Gloucester mom wrote:
As a parent I would like to know how we are going to watch how our young adults drive when they are out on their own driving.I know that this county has loss alot of young people due to car accidents,but I am sure we are not the only area that this has happened. I will tell you that when I hear of an accident I do call my oldest because it is a parents worst fear, I also call other friends of my son because I care about his friends. We need to be praying for the families,instead of wondering why GLOUCESTER youth drivers drive as it is said like it's a video game.
Amen to that. My two children are grown and live on their own. But when they left the house I yelled out the front door. DO not drive fast,
pay attention, WEAR your seat belt and remember
your dad and I love you.
I still pray every morning and every night for
God to watch over them .
But it is not just teenagers driving this way
I have seen grown ups on the road driving worse than teenagers.
My GOD bless these families and watch over the
ones in the hospital, Please do not judge or
condem, just stop and close your eyes and please
ask God to help the ones in the hospital and to
help the families who lost the boy and girl
I would lose my heart if I lost my child.
No matter what happened , do not let this forum
turn in to another one like the one about the
other girl and 4 boys. JUST keep it nice, filled with kind things for the families to read.
God Bless All involved
God only loans our children to us, but he can take them back at any given moment.
Marie

AOL

#20 Jan 7, 2008
That should have read. May God Bless these families and watch over the ones in the hospital.
SOrry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gloucester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NN man accused of raping 13-year-old girl (Mar '09) 23 hr 41young 32
News Owner of York County pipe/tobacco lounge arrest... (Nov '13) Thu will rodgersxchop... 33
if your house was robbed in the years of 2011--... Thu go get them 2
News Stolen computer e-mails picture to owner (Jan '11) Thu no to stealing co... 52
a person on go fund me.com is frauding people Thu shame shame shame 8
Review: iLoveKickboxing- Newport News (Aug '16) Thu Ydeleon24 63
News Racist Violence in America (Aug '14) Sep 18 Anonymous 20

Gloucester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gloucester Mortgages