Minnesota Senate approves use of medi...

Minnesota Senate approves use of medical marijuana

There are 126 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 29, 2009, titled Minnesota Senate approves use of medical marijuana. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Minnesota Senate voted 36-28 on Wednesday to approve the use of medical marijuana in the state, clearing the way for final passage of the bill and setting up a potential showdown with Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Dwight

Minneapolis, MN

#122 May 5, 2009
Law Enforcement and the Governor should examine the impact that this type of legislation has had in the 13 states that have it. I don't think the results will support their positions. Perhap Minnesota should legislate that Viking football game should have starting times no earlier than 2:30 to avoid conflicts with attending church on Sundays. A more religious comm unity has less crime.
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#123 May 5, 2009
Tired wrote:
It's about time this came about. Now some people can get relief without fearing going to jail.
Not unless they can get enough legislators together to overturn Pawlenty's veto.

I hope they can. There is no excuse for withholding marijuana from sick people.

crohnsguy

Eden Prairie, MN

#124 May 5, 2009
Pawlenty has to realize that this is not a partisan issue that he can hang his veto hat on to gain brownie points with the GOP. People of all political persuasions support this legislation by a resounding majority. If Pawlenty vetoes this compassionate legislation, the next general election will include a constitutional amendment that the people of Minnesota will vote in favor of. The polls have reflected as much. Michigan voters voted in favor of medical marijuana in greater numbers than Obama received. It is much easier to have more control over the laws if the legislature passes this bill. There is a two year sunset provision included. If the law is problematic or needs to be amended at that point, it is much easier than trying to overturn a constitutional amendment. Besides, why make sick and dying people wait yet another year? That is just downright cruel and unusual on Pawlenty's part.
purplepie

United States

#125 May 9, 2009
Cheech and Chong wrote:
We are moving to Minnesota, man!
HEY IN CASE YOU DONT KNOW YOU ARE IN MINNESOTA!!!!!!!!!!
a lady that approves

Saint Paul, MN

#126 Apr 19, 2013
tww wrote:
This is great! Minnesot has a failing economy, record deficits and record unemployment and the DFL has time for this? Who elected these dope smoking hippies?
/>STOP HATING! I dont see anything wrong with maryjane lol its the safest most natural herb u can use for me it helps with my appetite and keeps me sain when dealin with family rock on hippies

Not to mention it helped my mother deal with her nasea after kemo
a lady that approves

Saint Paul, MN

#127 Apr 19, 2013
My mother was treated for cancer and she went to kemo mj really helped her in every aspect of it nothing wrong with relief if its not for u stay in your lane

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glenwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Double M Sales Inc (Nov '14) Nov '14 Clyde 1
News Nonprofit's board failed the taxpayers (Sep '14) Sep '14 Its OK to be Normal 6
Local Politics Do you approve of Collin Peterson as Representa... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Bill 1
Brock Lesnar (Jul '14) Jul '14 JAB 1
Review: B-Pop Kettle Korn (Mar '14) Jun '14 food junkie 2
Alexandria (Jun '14) Jun '14 Kyle 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Glenwood, MN (Jan '12) Oct '12 trblmkr 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glenwood Mortgages