Winter storm warning issued for south...

Winter storm warning issued for southern half of state

There are 30 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 30, 2008, titled Winter storm warning issued for southern half of state. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Tomorrow's storm should dump about 6 to 8 inches of heavy, wet snow across most of central and southern Minnesota and portions of west central Wisconsin, the National Weather Service in Chanhassen said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brrrr

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Mar 31, 2008
I say hooray for global warming! Think of it this way... if it weren't for global warming, it would be FIFTY below zero, instead of just TWENTY below!
Canadian Border

Eden Prairie, MN

#23 Mar 31, 2008
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire.
Jack Frost knipping at your nose.

It's lovely weather
for a sleigh ride together
with you.

“We're all connected”

Since: Feb 08

St Paul, MN

#24 Mar 31, 2008
Iron Ranger wrote:
Ain't gonna snow.
So blow.
Hmmmm...so what's the white stuff falling out of the sky for the southern half of the state?(Intellicast Radar shows nearly the whole state getting snow).
Canadian Border

Eden Prairie, MN

#25 Mar 31, 2008
I'm dreaming of a white April.

“We're all connected”

St Paul, MN

#26 Mar 31, 2008
April (snow) showers bring May flowers? We definitely need some moisture around here....
Red Ryder

Monroe, LA

#27 Mar 31, 2008
Algore wrote:
Embrace global warming.
ALL HAIL THE GOREACLE!
Canadian Border

Eden Prairie, MN

#29 Mar 31, 2008
The word deleted by the fairy editor(s) is a 3-letter word, starting with "a" and ending with "s". With the missing "s" in the middle.

Indeed al-Gore-rhythm will hae lost his "s" also.

“We're all connected”

St Paul, MN

#30 Mar 31, 2008
There's a simple philosophy floating around the internet. I'll paraphrase:

1. Climate change is real and we do something, high cost but high payback.
2. Climate change isn't real but we did something, high cost, and we helped similar problems (pollution, energy demands, etc)
3. Climate change is real and we did nothing. Low cost, high risk, no additional benefits.
4. Climate change isn't real but we didn't do anything. It's a possibility, but we didn't take a risk and we didn't assume any additional benefits if we had taken action.

Believe what you want, but consider these 4 options as you do what you want.

Here's a video on the concept:

Hmmmmmm

Minneapolis, MN

#31 Mar 31, 2008
Or ...

5. Climate change is real and all the billions (or trillions) we will spend to "save the planet" will have no effect whatsoever on climate change.

The argument for wise conservation of resources may be a valid one. But what has conservatives like me a bit irritated is the persistent sense that we (conservatives and progressives alike) are being manipulated by false promises and false guilt. The "Give a Hoot - Don't Pollute" and softly-weeping Chief Seattle campaigns didn't get us to change our evil, consumptive Western ways, so now we are being told that if we all don't switch to hybrids and buy weird little lightbulbs THE POLAR BEARS WILL ALL DROWN!! AND THEN WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!! AND IT WILL BE ALL YOUR FAULT!!

Poppycock. The Earth is not dying. We are not killing it. "We all have to Save the Planet" is behavior control under false pretenses.(Just my opinion).
Canadian Border

Eden Prairie, MN

#32 Apr 1, 2008
Hmmmmmm wrote:
Or ...
5. Climate change is real and all the billions (or trillions) we will spend to "save the planet" will have no effect whatsoever on climate change.
The argument for wise conservation of resources may be a valid one. But what has conservatives like me a bit irritated is the persistent sense that we (conservatives and progressives alike) are being manipulated by false promises and false guilt. The "Give a Hoot - Don't Pollute" and softly-weeping Chief Seattle campaigns didn't get us to change our evil, consumptive Western ways, so now we are being told that if we all don't switch to hybrids and buy weird little lightbulbs THE POLAR BEARS WILL ALL DROWN!! AND THEN WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!! AND IT WILL BE ALL YOUR FAULT!!
Poppycock. The Earth is not dying. We are not killing it. "We all have to Save the Planet" is behavior control under false pretenses.(Just my opinion).
Indeed, fellow Minnesotan. May I add it is not just poppycock, but SHEER poppycock. And that gw is a corporate greed inspired, unmitigated, well-perpetrated hoax.

Hoax = Lie

We should go waaaay back and examine who will PROFIT from this hoax?

Have a nice day, despite the snow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glenwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing girl swims across a lake to escape capt... (Sep '17) Sep '17 Mustang Mike 1
News Minnesota Senate approves use of medical marijuana (Apr '09) Jun '17 SLICK PUTZ PENCE 127
Debate: Gay Marriage - Glenwood, MN (Jan '12) Oct '12 trblmkr 6
three family's relocated due to neglagent landlord (Dec '11) Dec '11 Matthew 1
Looking for Old Friend (Jul '11) Jul '11 KyLady65 1
News Waite Park man charged in fatal police chase (Apr '11) Apr '11 OH LORDY 21
News Blowing snow expected tonight and Saturday morn... (Mar '11) Mar '11 sick of it 1

Glenwood Jobs

Personal Finance

Glenwood Mortgages