Winter storm warning issued for south...

Winter storm warning issued for southern half of state

There are 30 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 30, 2008, titled Winter storm warning issued for southern half of state. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Tomorrow's storm should dump about 6 to 8 inches of heavy, wet snow across most of central and southern Minnesota and portions of west central Wisconsin, the National Weather Service in Chanhassen said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Crabby Appleton

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Mar 30, 2008
Does this ever end?
Winter Wonderland

Lake City, FL

#2 Mar 30, 2008
It usually ends about mid July. If you are a transplant to Minnesota, this is still a below average winter as far as cold and snow amounts. enjoy the snow day!
Enough is enough is

Cottage Grove, MN

#3 Mar 30, 2008
This has been a long one. The snow has come late and heavy, the cold just keeps on coming. The convertible is tuned and ready to rev, but I'm still driving the ol' minivan, feeling very uncool. Oh the inhumanity of it all...
Digger

Burnsville, MN

#4 Mar 30, 2008
Great News!
Maybe more people will move away.
Weather wimps need more snow to complain about.
hhhmmmmmm

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Mar 30, 2008
where's the obligatory al gore global warming post by one of the "conservatives" ????
Dapper Dan Daniels

Eden Prairie, MN

#6 Mar 30, 2008
Will that affect Duane Germaine, popular announcer at KAUS in Austin, Minnesota?
Snowman

Wessington Springs, SD

#7 Mar 30, 2008
If you don't like the weather we seem to enjoy here move south with all the rif raf we dont want

“We're all connected”

Since: Feb 08

St Paul, MN

#8 Mar 30, 2008
I personally love Minnesota: Land of 10,000 seasons!

(:
james jorsen

Minnetonka, MN

#9 Mar 30, 2008
hhhmmmmmm wrote:
where's the obligatory al gore global warming post by one of the "conservatives" ????
The conservatives have jobs so they don't have time to leave whiny comments

“We're all connected”

St Paul, MN

#11 Mar 30, 2008
james jorsen wrote:
<quoted text>
The conservatives have jobs so they don't have time to leave whiny comments
Oh, now THAT's a good one! I'm laughing pretty loud at that one. Thanks for the good joke, James!!!
HOW_IS_THIS_POLI TICAL

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Mar 30, 2008
Jesus all you bible thumping freaks need to get a life. Jerry Falwell called, he wants his rubes back. Or better yet, quit your bitching and get out of the state...you make the rest of the party look like morons, idiots, and give liberals a stronger hold on this state. You are the part of the conservative party that are leading to its downfall. GET A LIFE. Posted by a conservative.
Algore

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Mar 30, 2008
Embrace global warming.
Why Me

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Mar 30, 2008
So far they've been balz on....
Last week, wooops, missed us by that much.
I guess I can leave my snowblower in summer storage. We'll get none.
snowman

Brainerd, MN

#15 Mar 30, 2008
Winter Wonderland wrote:
It usually ends about mid July. If you are a transplant to Minnesota, this is still a below average winter as far as cold and snow amounts. enjoy the snow day!
The hell it was. We got below average amounts of snow but it was actually colder than average.

“We're all connected”

St Paul, MN

#16 Mar 30, 2008
Why Me wrote:
So far they've been balz on....
Last week, wooops, missed us by that much.
I guess I can leave my snowblower in summer storage. We'll get none.
I wanted to become a meteorologist in high school. Back then (1993-1996) I could get paid $40K+ for being wrong 50% of the time or more with simply a 4-year degree. After my first meteorology degree it turns out I enjoy working with people than computer screens.

I was disgusted by the lack of accuracy of the last 2 storms (literally NOTHING!) even though I understand better than most the difficulty of tracking transitional-weather storms.

This storm, we'll probably get something!
Dave MN State Patrol

Rosemount, MN

#17 Mar 30, 2008
Great, more accidents around the twin cities metro area.
Iron Ranger

Eden Prairie, MN

#18 Mar 30, 2008
Ain't gonna snow.
So blow.
I am confused are you

Cottage Grove, MN

#19 Mar 30, 2008
snowman wrote:
<quoted text>
The hell it was. We got below average amounts of snow but it was actually colder than average.
If it was colder than averge, wouldn't that make it below average for cold?
Bri

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Mar 31, 2008
darn global warming
Big G

Hudson, WI

#21 Mar 31, 2008
Al Gore, your carbon fairy just called wondering what you want to do with the latest pile of money you earned from scaring people about global warming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glenwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Double M Sales Inc (Nov '14) Nov '14 Clyde 1
News Nonprofit's board failed the taxpayers (Sep '14) Sep '14 Its OK to be Normal 6
Local Politics Do you approve of Collin Peterson as Representa... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Bill 1
Brock Lesnar (Jul '14) Jul '14 JAB 1
Review: B-Pop Kettle Korn (Mar '14) Jun '14 food junkie 2
Alexandria (Jun '14) Jun '14 Kyle 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Glenwood, MN (Jan '12) Oct '12 trblmkr 6

Glenwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glenwood Mortgages