Comments
21 - 30 of 30 Comments Last updated Mar 17, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Thank you

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 2, 2013
 
WeStupit wrote:
Ha. I just heard Rita is going to try to pull a fast one on all of us! They're running everyone under the name of Independent instead of Democrat! WOW...once again they are counting on our stupidity. Does no one else see how much this party insults our community? 60 year old park security guard? Imported KID for 3rd ward? Spoiled child for 2nd ward?
And this will "fix" our city?
We need to question all the candidates signatures on their affidavits.
Don Roberto Rita

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Thank you wrote:
<quoted text>We need to question all the candidates signatures on their affidavits.
It is rumored that Tommy Brown's guys have found disturbing signatures on Alan Stevo's & Mark Potaska's applications. From what is heard on the street it may be that Stevo's may come up short by several signatures to be legal and Potaska's by a 100. Tommy's guys are salivating at the mouth to whack Stevo out of the election. That way he's got a good shot at Vargas. They view Postaska as a puppet of Peloquin & Tate...a no threat.
Build BI2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WeStupit wrote:
Ha. I just heard Rita is going to try to pull a fast one on all of us! They're running everyone under the name of Independent instead of Democrat! WOW...once again they are counting on our stupidity. Does no one else see how much this party insults our community? 60 year old park security guard? Imported KID for 3rd ward? Spoiled child for 2nd ward?
And this will "fix" our city?
. "Fix" is the operative term here ...this is purely about power and control. If Rep.Rita wanted to help our city - he could ...whether he reps the city or not in Spfd. He grew up and lives here - he could peddle his influence to get grant monies, etc....but he is only looking to feather his own nest and throw some crumbs to his supporters.

Typical Democrat tactics ... And Blue Island will continue to erode unless we have truly "Independent" candidates that are dedicated to improving our town, its future and the quality of life afforded to its residents.
How Stuff Works

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jan 9, 2013
 
WeStupit wrote:
This city is once again facing a fork in the road. No one sees that this is a power grab for Rita? the man does not higher anyone smarter than him. That would be the end of him (and his G.E.D.) Think about it? Who would follow an idiot except another idiot.
7th ward candidate = 60 year old park security guard. I'm sure he has a lot to contribute. Who will log him on his computer to check his email?
3rd ward = some kid who isn't even from Blue Island and is running for 2 positions. Why would any white kid move into a low income, mostly minority neighborhood? hmmm??? Guess who he works for? Guess who's building he lives in? What the hell does he know about my block's problems?
2nd ward = ANOTHER BILOTTO....REALLY??? DO WE REALLY WANT ANOTHER BILOTTO??? This time, she's even younger than the rest. She's barely old enough to drink. She's gone to nothing but private schools her whole life. She's probably never walked more than 2 blocks from her houes. ARE WE THAT STUPID to elect someone who is still a child?? What does she know about a community she has spent very little time in?
Sigh....I could go on but this is tiring. They are counting on our stupidity. Will we continue to be Stupid?
"But thereís still a feeling that a buddy system exists and that trustees or aldermen will protect their mayor and vice versa ó or punish their political opponents.

So why hasnít the Legislature changed the law to give Orrís office the authority to oversee local election challenges?

ďThe people in power donít want to give up that power, and they have a lot of influence in Springfield,Ē Orr said.

Election law attorneys I have spoken with about this issue agree with Orr.

Voters must to feel that the election process is fair and impartial. Thatís the only way a democracy can work."

Since: Mar 13

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Mar 3, 2013
 
Yep i know them personally. (except for potaska )you are spot on sir.
Serve the Public

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Mar 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

How Stuff Works wrote:
<quoted text>
"But thereís still a feeling that a buddy system exists and that trustees or aldermen will protect their mayor and vice versa ó or punish their political opponents.
So why hasnít the Legislature changed the law to give Orrís office the authority to oversee local election challenges?
ďThe people in power donít want to give up that power, and they have a lot of influence in Springfield,Ē Orr said.
Election law attorneys I have spoken with about this issue agree with Orr.
Voters must to feel that the election process is fair and impartial. Thatís the only way a democracy can work."
There is a lot of money and power involved that Springfield works hard protect, particularly with townships, school boards, municipalities, and park districts. That is why change is needed, those elected serve themselves NOT the public.
Save Blue Island

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Mar 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Serve the Public wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a lot of money and power involved that Springfield works hard protect, particularly with townships, school boards, municipalities, and park districts. That is why change is needed, those elected serve themselves NOT the public.
Time for Blue Island voters to vote the Rubber Stampers OUT!
Would like to know

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Mar 7, 2013
 
Why was Seth Mccormack dumpted as City Assesor for Fred Bilotto in the April 9th election.????
greg 121

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Mar 7, 2013
 
WeStupit wrote:
This city is once again facing a fork in the road. No one sees that this is a power grab for Rita? the man does not higher anyone smarter than him. That would be the end of him (and his G.E.D.) Think about it? Who would follow an idiot except another idiot.

7th ward candidate = 60 year old park security guard. I'm sure he has a lot to contribute. Who will log him on his computer to check his email?

3rd ward = some kid who isn't even from Blue Island and is running for 2 positions. Why would any white kid move into a low income, mostly minority neighborhood? hmmm??? Guess who he works for? Guess who's building he lives in? What the hell does he know about my block's problems?

2nd ward = ANOTHER BILOTTO....REALLY??? DO WE REALLY WANT ANOTHER BILOTTO??? This time, she's even younger than the rest. She's barely old enough to drink. She's gone to nothing but private schools her whole life. She's probably never walked more than 2 blocks from her houes. ARE WE THAT STUPID to elect someone who is still a child?? What does she know about a community she has spent very little time in?

Sigh....I could go on but this is tiring. They are counting on our stupidity. Will we continue to be Stupid?
So run ?
To a T

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Mar 17, 2013
 
Tres Leeches wrote:
<quoted text>Old family recipe.
Your one liner is so witty and hilarious.

Of all the topics here in Blue Island, the title of this thread seems to fit the state of Blue Island to a T.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Glenwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Mississippi Man 49,275
Blue Island Cuts more services 1 hr Bob 36
Police Chief 3 hr Up2Here 1
Special City Council Meeting 7 hr Save Blue Island 5
Mario (Sep '13) 7 hr Martin 182
Flooding in the Seventh Ward 8 hr Sweet 8
Oak forest businessman trying to open strip clu... 12 hr Res 3

Search the Glenwood Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Glenwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Glenwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Glenwood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Glenwood
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••