Braxton County Animal Shelter

Braxton County Animal Shelter

Posted in the Glenville Forum

concerned

Clarksburg, WV

#1 Sep 16, 2013
I just heard today that Cindy Bender quit the shelter are they nuts for letting her quit she has been there for like years and she worked everyday even sat and sun. Now the shelter is only open 3 days a week wow how is there to be adoptions now. She never left them even on holidays. What in the sand bug is going on. Shelter is going to hell and your best worker is not working. I heard from a friend that the dog warden fired her and I Know as a fact from the court house she quit. And for the dog warden to say shit about her well she was not lazy she did her work and others too. Never complained about none of it. But sounds to me you all lost a good worker and hard worker your lose In hope she finds what she wants now she said she was burned out. Well I can see that she worked all the time GOOD LUCK CINDY HAVE A GREAT LIFE YOU DESERVE IT.
vdgbvdffv

Sutton, WV

#2 Sep 17, 2013
if its the woman that worked there when i volunteered there a few yrs back then good , she asked me why i was volunteering there and thought i was doing community service when i was just volunteering, and when she went to the back yield shut up to the dogs in there, yeah like a normal person not in trouble cant volunteer with out a reason!!
concerned

Clarksburg, WV

#3 Sep 18, 2013
Well don't know what your problem was with her but she was always kind to the dogs and then people who came in there not unless she felt a need not to be and then she still tried to do her best ohh and she just yelled at them well gee sometimes you got to yell a little louder then the dogs to listen to you like you never done it or even to your own kids. I seen this woman cry over a adoption and I have seen her cry over dogs coming in that miss their owner and were so sad so don't know when you worked there but I know you are wrong about what you are saying. and if she did then it was not meant in a way of abusing them. yea she away took volunteers and community service workers her fault for asking and to know why you want to volunteer well not to many people are willing to just go up and give time to cleaning after a bunch of dogs. you missed judged her and there are people out there that knows this cause there was a lot of people who worked with her and said she was a real nice lady and a lot of fun. and she really loved the dogs what really happen is you did something wrong or said something wrong about the dogs and pissed her off and she let you know it.
vdgbvdffv

Clarksburg, WV

#4 Sep 18, 2013
concerned wrote:
Well don't know what your problem was with her but she was always kind to the dogs and then people who came in there not unless she felt a need not to be and then she still tried to do her best ohh and she just yelled at them well gee sometimes you got to yell a little louder then the dogs to listen to you like you never done it or even to your own kids. I seen this woman cry over a adoption and I have seen her cry over dogs coming in that miss their owner and were so sad so don't know when you worked there but I know you are wrong about what you are saying. and if she did then it was not meant in a way of abusing them. yea she away took volunteers and community service workers her fault for asking and to know why you want to volunteer well not to many people are willing to just go up and give time to cleaning after a bunch of dogs. you missed judged her and there are people out there that knows this cause there was a lot of people who worked with her and said she was a real nice lady and a lot of fun. and she really loved the dogs what really happen is you did something wrong or said something wrong about the dogs and pissed her off and she let you know it.
shows how much you know, she yealled at the dogs to shut up not me lol, and yes it was rude to ask why i was volunteers in the first place it was not just her but the other guy that worked there also. she never yelled at me, lol but when you walk to the back where there is dogs you have to expects a bunch of noise dont just go and yell shutup to them cuss it ant going to work
concerned

Clarksburg, WV

#5 Sep 18, 2013
well I figured it was at the dogs I know more then you think sometimes yelling is a lot better then people kicking an beating and question is she would not have to yell them if people would take care of there dogs. I yell at mine to shut up too and don't say you are so perfect you have never yelled something. yea right. what ever all in all yelling still did not make her a bad person and asking you the question did not make her bad either I know her from working with her and she never said anything to hurt no one or the dogs. I know she has to know cause of school projects and other reasons people come in so why not a answer to the question and go on. big deal. hey why did you volunteer? To put everything down or to spy for someone.
cindy

Bridgeport, WV

#6 Sep 20, 2013
Well I see I made it to topix wow I am happy. As for who ever is vdgbvdff so what if yelled at the dogs at least I never killed them for nothing. And for concerned thank you sounds like you know me more then vd does. I loved my job and I got burned out on it. And as of asking questions about your reason why you were there it was a place of business. A need to know question. I quit cause I wanted to quit none of anyones business but tell you anyway It was because noneya yea none of your business. I did my job day in and day out holidays and weekends where wore you enjoying your family yea that is right. where were you on weekends yea that right out having fun where was i cleaning and caring for the dogs did it before i started getting paid every weekend and every holiday oh where were you again. Ohh maybe somewhere getting you thing on who knows and who really cares. Go volunteer now I am not there now vd have at it. Not unless you are already one of the egmoes that are there now. but really I don't care oh in case you don't understand that in straight talk here it goes again. GO SUCK A PICKLE???!!!!! I know what I done an now i am free from the stress. Ohh thanks a lot concerned appreciate your words on my defence but VD is not worth it. really from the sound of the code name the have other things to worry about. good day.
bhjhbvjkh

Moatsville, WV

#7 Sep 20, 2013
yeah really sounds like she a good person huh. and yes when you ask some one why there volunteering that is rude and you odd to be thankful for the free help. people volunteering because they want to no special reason. that's like asking why your volunteering for girl scouts or boy scouts or for the schools, no special reason. you do it because you like doing it!!. that's one of you noneya things. just because its a business dose not mean you have to ask why someone volunteers.

don't be attacking some one that done you no harm hun. don't like people that speak there mind then dot come to topix and besides i dont even know if that was you or not hens to why i said "if its the woman that worked there when i volunteered there" i don't even remember that persons name or what they looked like and i really don't care to know thank you, as i been told a few thousand times and i qout "don't take things to hart".
cindy

Bridgeport, WV

#8 Sep 21, 2013
well don't take things to heart but I have been there for a while and it just pisses me off when people go behind a fake name. I never meant to offend anyone that I ask that question to but the job required it also. Needs to know information an yes if it was me I yell at the dogs but others do too. wait did too. the place is so perfect now I am just so tired of the work I did do that people down it cause of a question bull shit. I worked hard a that job and did it cause I liked it I loved the dogs. maybe I was not the one but I will make a bet I was. but you know this shit is getting stupid I come here to see what I want to see I got the rights also why do you do it. Again this is a waste of my time go ahead and say what ever you want. I don't do no one any harm just tired of the bull shit from there and about there I am done with the place and want not to ever go back but do want to let people know I had my reasons why questions were asked not because of the help needed it was always needed and I appreciate it when it was there. And again yelling is not a sin and asking a question was what to be done need to know why and who and other questions.
but don't got to ask them now so I don't give a shit so if it was me I was the older woman with long gray hair and on the heavy side. I did it cause I was to ask the freaking question. and I yelled cause I wanted to. I was the care taker of them yelling did not kill them or hurt them. asking you a question did not kill you or hurt you.
so what is the freaking big deal with it? Really I DONT CARE.
dededededeqw

Clarksburg, WV

#9 Sep 21, 2013
one thing i like to know is if there ever going to take in other animales other then dogs eg cats
cindy

Bridgeport, WV

#10 Sep 22, 2013
no not at this time that I know of but as said I do not work there anymore so I don't know what the changes are anymore. they don't take cats not unless it is a have to case and as I said not unless they have changed past month.
sorry.
gsdf asgs gfdwr swhehrgth

Clarksburg, WV

#11 Sep 22, 2013
that's why it needs to be called a do pound instead of animal shelter . because a animal shelter takes different types of animals vs a dog pound only dog
cindy

Bridgeport, WV

#12 Sep 22, 2013
yea I do understand that she takes other animals I guess she been going out and taking peoples livestock and trying to hold on to them for what reason I don't know. but once they have them you got to fight to get them back, and now people have to find homes for their own dogs that they asked help for and did not get it but was taken to court and told to find homes for all their older dogs but they took the puppys so figure that one out.
wanting to know

Shinnston, WV

#13 Sep 26, 2013
does anyone know what happen at the animals shelter today? Strange the law has been there 3 times since she has been there running it and never had that before...
Cindy Bender

Mount Clare, WV

#14 Dec 6, 2013
Well it is December and guess what I got to spend Thanksgiven with my family this year which is something I have not done for a good few holidays. I am doing the same for Christmas. I don't miss the shelter to the degree of the pain. I do miss the shelter to the helping of the dogs. And having friends and others come up and enjoy the dogs just as much. Miss the laughing and fun times there with my friends. we did our work and enjoyed it all at the same time. and did a good job to boot. but now it is all ok I QUIT FOR GOOD REASON. Wishing the best to the warden now and all her helpers. and yes as for the County commissions I am very disappointed in them they are back stabbing people to work for. your friend and employees and boy don't turn your back. They say how much they trust you and need you and then bang someone new steps in and the knife goes deep into the spine. Talk about feeling sorry for me bull shit. I need not their sorry shit. I did my job and I did my job good. so all is done and I am having a good life and enjoying my own family and animals. So happy holidays ...
Backatcha

Clarksburg, WV

#15 Jul 30, 2014
If anyoneknows anything about the horrible animal abuse case that just happened in Braxton Cty where a dog was beaten severely and stabbed, please, please say something. The reward is large and you will be giving a small justice to Poor Princess. You will also be getting a future killer off of our streets as there is proof that people that torture animals become more and more evil and begin to torture humans as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Janet Rowan 11 min Our neighbor 10
Best Booty in Weston? 20 min Eat a dic mick 10
Democrate 1 hr nutinhead 4
Democratic debate party 515 Center Ave 1 hr thorninyourside 181
Julia Spelsberg 1 hr thejester 20
8 ballers from old Lewis county high days 1 hr nutjobdelux 78
to the person that stole my phone 10 hr thattattedchick 1

Glenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance