curious

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Last year was awesome. Better than fright farm. Anyone been this year yet? If so is it as scary as last year? Trying to decide if we should go to the asylum or fright farm next weekend.
Anonymous

Mannington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

My wife said kids are being used as sex slaves in there.
1 post removed
Wow

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Haunted* not hauntes. Sex slaves? Hmmm.
setting it straight

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

My son works there already had people crying and had one girl posturing. Lots of people running and screaming out of his area. Very much worth a go see.
Clown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

I've worked there for 3 years now. It's a great way to get involved in the community. +80 Hours of Community Service. It's fun and gives us kids in Weston something to do.
notwhoyouthink

Weston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

This place sucked, not finished, no where near ready to open!! But of course they went ahead an opened before it was actually ready got make that money!! Gawd knows that is the only important thing to the owners..
what the

Weston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Clown wrote:
I've worked there for 3 years now. It's a great way to get involved in the community.+80 Hours of Community Service. It's fun and gives us kids in Weston something to do.
Community service? Are you saying they do not pay the actors in the haunted house even though they charge admission? This is not a service to the community job. A haunted house is not a service to the communty. This is a for profit company that is putting on a production to bring in more income for their wallets. No one should be working for those people for free.
haunted fan

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

I went through tonight and it was pretty good
Jimjo

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

what the wrote:
<quoted text>
Community service? Are you saying they do not pay the actors in the haunted house even though they charge admission? This is not a service to the community job. A haunted house is not a service to the communty. This is a for profit company that is putting on a production to bring in more income for their wallets. No one should be working for those people for free.
. I've been there 3 years, most of the volunteers are school kids. We get a massive thank you prize at the end of the haunted house at the of the month so it really is a service to the community cause it gives kids something fun too do that keeps them out of trouble. It's a great place too volunteer and you get too scare the crap out of people.
Buford Bradley

Weston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Community Service ..... Something doesn't sound right with that. Child labor laws might come into play here.
1 post removed
Jimjo

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

ifpeopleonlyknew wrote:
Child labor has been involved, that is why they can no longer give these children money. Thus being why they now give prizes.(haha). What a joke, the Jordans make a killing of the haunted house and the kids get taken advantage of year after year. I understand a live in Weston and there is nothing here for the kids. But should a really be teaching our children it is ok to let your selves be used a long a they give you a gift at the end? In years past they have had some very young children working in this haunted house,which I also disagree with. It is sad that such a beautiful historic place, has landed in the hands of such rude obnoxious evil money mined people.
The kids volunteering in the haunted house enjoy it 1. And two getting a prize at the end is pretty much like having a job where you get payed. You put your time in and get something in the end. This is a good way too get young kids ready too get a job when there of age. The only difference between volunteering at the haunted house and having a job is everyone actually enjoys being here. There's nothing wrong with kids having fun and putting there time towards something constructive and fun so please stop trying too smear the haunted house and the Jordan's good name. Perhaps you should put your time too better use instead of using it too smear people :).
u know who

Weston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Jimjo wrote:
<quoted text>
The kids volunteering in the haunted house enjoy it 1. And two getting a prize at the end is pretty much like having a job where you get payed. You put your time in and get something in the end. This is a good way too get young kids ready too get a job when there of age. The only difference between volunteering at the haunted house and having a job is everyone actually enjoys being here. There's nothing wrong with kids having fun and putting there time towards something constructive and fun so please stop trying too smear the haunted house and the Jordan's good name. Perhaps you should put your time too better use instead of using it too smear people :).
Apparently you have no idea what the Jordan's are actually like..HAHA

Since: Jun 13

Bridgeport, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Free child labor -- what else do you expect from a bunch millionaire Tea Party Republicans?
morons

Weston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Just a bunch of fools. The haunted house brings over 10000 people here (weston) and they spend money every where. The Jordans are in business. Whats business do? They make money. Instead of pocketing this money it all goes toward the restoration of the old state hospital (which is money put back into the community). The kids volunteer for the haunted house. They arent digging ditches, they are acting. Scaring people. Enjoying themselves, not out walking the streets, doing drugs, or out busting windows (all things Ive read about in the democrate) the haunted house is finished. I went thru it saturday (opening weekend) and shit my pants. I say if you have a problem with the jordans maybe you should tell them to their faces instead posting your bs on some anonymous forum.
Rebecca Jordan Gleason

Weston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
My wife said kids are being used as sex slaves in there.
I was just informed of this page and will comment accordingly. I'll spare your feelings as you have the Jordan's. This comment is ignorant and inexcusable. If you would like to add a name to this post, I would be happy to sue you for slander.
Rebecca Jordan Gleason

Weston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
Last year was awesome. Better than fright farm. Anyone been this year yet? If so is it as scary as last year? Trying to decide if we should go to the asylum or fright farm next weekend.
It''s awesome! We had our first pee within an hour of opening and the first poop before 10pm the next evening. Here are some comments form folks who actually attended the haunted house..

We have been to 3 Haunted House's this year so far. The Asylum is absolutely the best this year. Can't wait to come back in couple of weeks. Thanks for a fun filled evening.
Cynthia Metz

We came down from Connecticut for a long weekend just to do the tours during the day and the haunted house at night. I have done many haunted houses,(including universal studios Halloween horror nights) and this is by far the best, scariest, and longest.
Dee Christopher
Rebecca Jordan Gleason

Weston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

setting it straight wrote:
My son works there already had people crying and had one girl posturing. Lots of people running and screaming out of his area. Very much worth a go see.
Thank you!!
Rebecca Jordan Gleason

Weston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

ifpeopleonlyknew wrote:
Child labor has been involved, that is why they can no longer give these children money. Thus being why they now give prizes.(haha). What a joke, the Jordans make a killing of the haunted house and the kids get taken.
What is your name? Have you ever been to the Asylum? Have you seen any of the preservation work? Please keep your mouth shut because it's clear you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and have never been on a tour even. It's easy to sit behind your computer and spew this crap. Man (or women) up and say it to someones face. BETTER YET, go on a tour and see what we do here. You can go for free....just tell me your name.
Rebecca Jordan Gleason

Weston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

haunted fan wrote:
I went through tonight and it was pretty good
Thanks so much! We hope you come back soon!
Rebecca Jordan Gleason

Weston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Mountain_Mama82 wrote:
Free child labor -- what else do you expect from a bunch millionaire Tea Party Republicans?
This is funny! I'm a democrat Mountain Mama! Get it straight...or just stop posting bad things about us. PS - the money goes to the preservation of the Asylum and to pay the 45 employees we have from the area. Perhaps you'll consider that next time your talking trash! PS what's your name...all of the folks with these comments seem to hide their identity...I wonder why that is?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Glenville Discussions

Search the Glenville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 56 min bacon hater 56,425
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana 2 hr Pat MaGroin 116
Brandy peters 3 hr Its me 1
Eric Carpenter 3 hr Appear 2
Tanika Riffle 3 hr Tanika riffle 9
days Inn is a catch it all for shonies 3 hr bug bite 6
Looking 4 Charles Scott Pottery - Glenville Sta... (Jan '14) 14 hr Scott pottery buyer 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Glenville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Glenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••