WILLIAM DAVISON

Edinburgh, UK

#1 Feb 11, 2010
Within my family here in England there is a well established bit of folk-lore that our grandmother's father on our mother's side i.e my great grandfather, settled in Glenrock towards the end of the nineteenth century after his wife in England had died leaving three children. Two of his children joined him, my future grandmother remaining here. The existance of Glenrock was made clear to my sister and I as children by our gran because weekly letters were exchanged between the sister Jane or Jenny and our gran, and during world war two food parcels frequently arrived from there. They had of course been apart since childood. Ourgrandmother died during the nineteen fifties.Family communication was then broken I find it tantelising that somewhere in wyoming, possibly Glenrock iteslf one of our ancestors lie buried and that within the folk-lore of a family there, there may be stories of family origins in a village of the north of England, Standish, and of the surname Finch, my grandmother'smaiden name. I am now seventy seven my siter is sixty eight and wish I had taken more note of my grandmother's stories. Can a Glenrock resident help to clarify any of this?

I sometimes muse over the name of your newspaper, the 'Bird' and wonder if a Finch family member is involevd!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glenrock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP Mike D'Arcy - Any news on Deb's condition? (Aug '09) Jun 13 ou812 7
News Baker works late nights making Wyoming's most p... May '16 tgavac 1
Richard brown (Jan '15) Sep '15 Curious 2
Glenda Honadel (Oct '14) Oct '14 gloria2466 1
News Legislators join wild horse conversation (Oct '14) Oct '14 WelbyMD 1
News Wyoming police Taser 76-year-old tractor driver (Aug '09) Jul '12 tractorman 22
News Wyoming in for new crop of wind turbines (Nov '07) Aug '11 Rich the Republican 10

Glenrock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glenrock Mortgages