Unwanted Horse Population Growing In ...

Unwanted Horse Population Growing In Oklahoma - News9.com - Okl...

There are 3 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Oct 17, 2009, titled Unwanted Horse Population Growing In Oklahoma - News9.com - Okl.... In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

The struggling economy has hit nearly every industry and it has trickled down to the horse industry, intensifying the unwanted horse population.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

wild horses

Raleigh, NC

#1 Oct 19, 2009
It's sad we can just let them roam free like they used to. Years ago you tamed a wild horse and when you were done you let it go. But no everything goes in a cage now, b/c we build up all the land!! Great we have really made "progress" people.
Christine Rome - Canada

Canada

#2 Oct 19, 2009
I would suggest that the veterinary society get together and do a gelding program. A free Vet Service if you will. Vets without borders. Geld and Release. This should start to cut down on the population in a few years. However, this doesn't solve the problem for the immediate, but we have to start somewhere and it must be done now. Slaughterhouses must remain forever in the past.

Since: Aug 09

Tulsa, OK

#3 Oct 19, 2009
Christine Rome - Canada wrote:
I would suggest that the veterinary society get together and do a gelding program. A free Vet Service if you will. Vets without borders. Geld and Release. This should start to cut down on the population in a few years. However, this doesn't solve the problem for the immediate, but we have to start somewhere and it must be done now. Slaughterhouses must remain forever in the past.
What do you do with the sick and lame? People need to eat,the world looks at horse meat as protein. You should too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glenpool Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tulsa County, Municipalities Approve All Vision... Apr 6 Debbie Ruggles 1
Statue of Barak Hussein Obama to be installed a... (Jul '11) Apr 1 Jack 5
ed willingham (Feb '08) Mar '16 Boohoo 14
amy barnes (Feb '11) Mar '16 Kay 4
Heather Thompson? (Oct '15) Mar '16 Sara 6
Michele Whiteley (Aug '14) Mar '16 Sara 4
News Former Creek County DA Investigator Registers A... (Nov '11) Feb '16 julie 40
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glenpool Mortgages