Unwanted Horse Population Growing In ...

Unwanted Horse Population Growing In Oklahoma

There are 26 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Oct 17, 2009, titled Unwanted Horse Population Growing In Oklahoma. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

The struggling economy has hit nearly every industry and it has trickled down to the horse industry, intensifying the unwanted horse population.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jason

Kingfisher, OK

#1 Oct 17, 2009
Horse owners need to slow down w/ all of the breeding. Everyone I know who owns a mare breeds it every yr to any old stud just for the hell of it. It's such a caveman mentality to breed just b/c you can even when you know you won't make a good horse and won't want the offspring.
sis

Tulsa, OK

#2 Oct 17, 2009
if people don't want the horses then give them to the ones who do want a horse
ronnie kay

Tulsa, OK

#3 Oct 17, 2009
there are people whom would like a horse but couldn't pay 600 to 1200 or more for a horse.
but would love one to ride, brush, feed and just to love it
stormaq

Ashburn, GA

#4 Oct 17, 2009
I agree with sis. I am looking for 2 horses,not too big, mares or geldings, that are older, dead broke, not afraid of cows, good enough feet to hold a shoe & that can be ridden bareback or with a saddle. My kids & grandkids are wanting to learn to ride. I don't have much money, but I've got plenty of feed & hay for 2 horses.
Don't care what color they are or if they're ugly.
stormaq@gmail.com
Abortion

Vera, OK

#5 Oct 17, 2009
Americans abort thousands of children on a daily basis. Not to mention all of the poverty and humans that are starving to death in the world today. Why are we worried about a stinking horse? Let's get serious and decide which is more important, a human life or a potential food source.
Brad Lloyd

Tulsa, OK

#7 Oct 17, 2009
My daughter and I have an 18 year old Palomino gelding, a 20 year sorrel gelding, a 3 year old black and white paint mare and a standard donkey.
They are loved like family members!

Ronnie is correct on the prices people are wanting for these horses, just outrageous!
If the economy gets better the prices will go even higher!
Pryor Biker

Tulsa, OK

#8 Oct 17, 2009
Yeah if it wasn't for organizations like PETA this wouldn't be happining
Brad Lloyd

Tulsa, OK

#9 Oct 17, 2009
If you want a good horses at a really decent price, go to a horse rescue.
They are swamped with people giving their horses to them. My 20 year old sorrel came from a rescue in Guthrie.
www.horsefeathersequinerescue.com
Brad Lloyd

Tulsa, OK

#10 Oct 17, 2009
Brad Lloyd

Tulsa, OK

#11 Oct 17, 2009
OK, just one more time !

www.horsefeathersequinerescue.org
John Holland

United States

#12 Oct 17, 2009
Unfortunately the closing of the US slaughter plants has nothing to do with the issue. The closings simply sent the horses over the border for slaughter. Last year 134,059 American horses were slaughtered. That is the second highest number since 1995.
Glue and brger d thru

Vera, OK

#13 Oct 17, 2009
Horses are a good supplier to both. Let's focus on keeping humans alive and reduce the breeding of horses. Which do you love more, a human life or a horse?
Brad Lloyd

Tulsa, OK

#14 Oct 17, 2009
Well John my 20 year old horse would have been #134,060 cause he was on his way to Mexico on a slaughter truck and saved at the last minute here in Oklahoma.
He is a real sweetheart !
luke

Broken Arrow, OK

#15 Oct 18, 2009
i would rather spend my money on feeding a horse than feeding child molester,rapist,or murderer.most horses are not mean like some people.
ronnie kay

Tulsa, OK

#16 Oct 18, 2009
i would rather pay for a horse than some child molester, or a muderer. the childern has nothing to do with this becouse if there parents wouldn't gamble, do drugs the could feed there children.
Ridiculous

Tulsa, OK

#20 Oct 18, 2009
Horses are one of the best best pets to have next to a dog. They are ridden, worked, used in sports and sometimes used for dogfood...but thats how its been for a long time. You freekin people that are wining about horses are stupid!!!!! With the way the world is today I am sure I can think of something more important to be concerned about...that is not so......riduculous or Stupid!
scott

Tulsa, OK

#21 Oct 18, 2009
i've never seen a horse post something stupid to an online forum. Save the horses, shoot the people.
concerned

Tulsa, OK

#22 Oct 18, 2009
Abortion wrote:
Americans abort thousands of children on a daily basis. Not to mention all of the poverty and humans that are starving to death in the world today. Why are we worried about a stinking horse? Let's get serious and decide which is more important, a human life or a potential food source.
What are you talking about? Every living thing deserves a right to live. And no one is talking about humans in this story it is about the over population of animals.
Abortion

Vera, OK

#23 Oct 18, 2009
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Every living thing deserves a right to live. And no one is talking about humans in this story it is about the over population of animals.
You hit the nail right on the head! It is ALL about over population...of animals and humans. So, why are we concerned about horses? We abort thousands of children every day!! So, what's the big deal about euthanizing (killing) a few million unwanted horses that nobody wants nor can they feed? Sounds like a good opportunity to start a small business. Maybe the city can offer a recycling program at the new waste burning operation. Make a little energy out of the deal.
Marco

Augusta, Italy

#24 Oct 18, 2009
Please send your unwanted horsed to Europe! We will take good care of them, they are very delicious! Horse meat is very lean and good for you. I eat it once a week at least. Come to Italy and ask for a "panino di cavallo" at a panino (sandwich) shop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glenpool Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lawyer Rod Weiner bids against incumbant Kenne... May 8 Rodney Queen 1
Sapullpa May 1 MONKS Repair Shop 3
Food Truck Festival Apr 24 Foodie 1
kenny pierson Apr 21 bullhappy 1
Good Places to Eat in Jenks Apr '18 HungryInJenks 1
News Dark money group funding pro-teacher ads Apr '18 The Judge 4
News Tulsa Parents Could Face Jail Time If Kids Miss... Mar '18 Bird Man 2

Glenpool Jobs

Personal Finance

Glenpool Mortgages