Oklahoma Schools Receive $119 Million...

Oklahoma Schools Receive $119 Million In Federal Funding

There are 7 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Sep 14, 2010, titled Oklahoma Schools Receive $119 Million In Federal Funding. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

Federal law says the districts can spend some or all of the funds this fiscal year, but it all must be spent by September 30, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1 Sep 14, 2010
Why don't they ever tell us the strings that are attached..........if it is so desperate, why have two years to spend it, and how much will go to administration coffers? So many questions, so little time.
slimjim

Tulsa, OK

#2 Sep 14, 2010
Its a safety net for administrative raises, they never think about education.
Parent of TPS Student

Tulsa, OK

#3 Sep 14, 2010
The rural schools and the elementary schools will really benefit. Good thing! The High Schools in the big cities are just places that the gangs sell their drugs, intimidate any dissenters and recruit members. Getting worse every year. I know, I have a Senior that must sit on the front two rows to hear what the teacher says because of the noise made by the other students. He has been hit, robbed of money, knocked down, stitched twice from being hit with a fist. If you tattle, the beating is worse next time. The school cannot protect the real students from the gangs. Welcome to TPS. The gangs are winning!
realist

United States

#4 Sep 14, 2010
It is all not money for administrators. Personally I think that since majority of Oklahomans think that the government spends too much (well, they didn't mind when Bush bailed out the financial industry and they don't seem to mind runaway defense spending that is NOT paid for and is rife with fraud), Oklahoma should decline this money. We should cut the school week down to 2-3 days and fire all administrators and close all extra curricular activities, including football. We should also cut the teachers pay since they will only be working a couple of days a week. They can get another job on their days off since we all know they are overpaid and underworked. Air conditioners should be shut off (and heaters) and we should only use old textbooks. Forget about computers...no one needs those and I certainly didn't have one when I went to school. One of the classes can be turned into janitorial science and the students can clean the school up themselves. And also we can cut free lunches. Those kids should not get a free meal...if their parents wanted them to eat they should take a second or third job. They way oklahoma is run, janitorial jobs will be the only thing left anyway. Why do we think our kids deserve these things? Our hard earned tax dollars should only go to fund tax breaks for the wealthy and to give tax incentives to large corporations and oil companies. And we don't need to have an educated work force anyway since all those tax breaks that we give to the aforementioned people will trickle down to jobs...in foreign countries.

and yes, this is sarcasm.

Oklahoma SHOULD be thanking the federal government for the money. With our elected officials always complaining about Obama and company, we should be thankful we get any money. Myself, I would be old school and not give Oklahoma money and give it to a state that wants it. And for those haters that always complain that the money is going to highly paid administrators, why do we never hear complaining about the MILLIONS spent on highly paid "coaches"? THAT is certainly a luxury that we could do without.
Road Rage

Tulsa, OK

#5 Sep 14, 2010
Some of the schools claim they are going to use the money to hire more teachers. OK, what happens to those teachers after 2012? Do the schools magically come up with more money in 2012 to keep from firing the teachers again or what?

I think all of the schools should have to publish a detailed account of how they are spending the funds and how they will keep these teachers they are hiring from being fired after 2012.

Better yet, why not spend the money on one time expense items like textbooks, computers, basic school supplies (don't forget the hand sanitizer) etc.
oh well stuff happens

Atlanta, GA

#6 Sep 15, 2010
Forget the hand sanitizer and kick all the illegals out. America should be tired of spending their tax money on the mexicans and all they get in return is a bunch of dope pushers

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#7 Sep 15, 2010
oh well stuff happens wrote:
Forget the hand sanitizer and kick all the illegals out. America should be tired of spending their tax money on the mexicans and all they get in return is a bunch of dope pushers
Washington (CNN)- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Tuesday he will add the DREAM Act, a controversial immigration measure, to a defense policy bill the Senate will take up next week.

The decision means the defense bill, which often passes with bipartisan support, will be home to two major, thorny political issues the other being the repeal of the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

Reid called the DREAM Act "really important" and said it should be passed because it provides a path to citizenship for young illegal immigrants who go to college or serve in the military. DREAM is an acronym for Development, Relief and Education of Alien Minors Act.
MORE FREE RIDES FOR ILLEGALS..........AFTER LAST NIGHTS PRIMARIES THE LOONS ARE DESPERATE TO ADD VOTES ANYWAY THEY CAN. THE STENCH OF THEIR FEAR IS IN THE AIR.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glenpool Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Principal's Wife Serving Booze to Little Kids Mar 16 As I see it 1
AARP free income tax preparation at Sapulpa Lib... (Jan '12) Mar 2 xxx 3
Atwood's scamming patrons out of tax exempt pro... Feb '17 SapulpaTax Payer 1
News Oklahoma Issues Record-Breaking Number Of Emerg... Jan '17 emergency 1
News Jenks Retailer Given Eviction Notice After Inte... (Jun '09) Jan '17 Sleeper 169
News Could Jenks, Bixby & Glenpool Officers Become S... (Mar '10) Jan '17 Chief Bell of the... 131
James Sartorelli Dec '16 Patrea Sheffield 1

Glenpool Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glenpool Mortgages