April 6th Is Election Day For Some Vo...

April 6th Is Election Day For Some Voters In Northeastern Oklahoma

There are 5 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Apr 5, 2010, titled April 6th Is Election Day For Some Voters In Northeastern Oklahoma. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

Voters in communities in and around Tulsa will decide issues ranging from school bond issues to city council races Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

einzig

Tulsa, OK

#1 Apr 5, 2010
Wouldn't there be greater turn-out if elections were scheduled twice a year? Perhaps exceptions for special elections, if the issue isn't on the spring time ballot (say near April 15th) then it'll have to wait till the fall ballot. Maybe the odds of some bond issues passing are greater when few turn-out to vote. Now someone wouldn't schedule a vote during the off-season just for that reason would they?
Jacari

Tulsa, OK

#2 Apr 6, 2010
Why can't they let us know ahead of time? I always end up finding out the morning of the vote. Seems they are just trying to sneak things through.

“THUNDER season ticket member”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#3 Apr 6, 2010
I agree with both of you. Besides the general November elections, all the other ballot votes can be done at any Tuesday. And I too don't find out about these elections until the morning of the vote. How am I supposed to cast a responsible ballot if I have no time to research each side of the issue?

I think the local election boards should send information out to voters and the media much sooner. Regardless of what a person votes for, it makes no sense to cast a ballot if the person voting has no idea what they're voting for!
tired of it

Tuskahoma, OK

#4 Apr 6, 2010
Jacari wrote:
Why can't they let us know ahead of time? I always end up finding out the morning of the vote. Seems they are just trying to sneak things through.
Finally you see the light!
The democratic system is suppose to be based on the what started in ancient greece.
But it is not.
The ancient greeks never voted anyone into office. Everyone was expected to serve in a civic office voluntarly. Without pay. At some time in thier life.
The only voting they had was to vote someone out of office. If the majority though someone was not doing their proper civic duty? They would call for a vote. With tiles. White tile was a vote to leave them in office and a black tile to kick them out.(Being black balled came from this.) Everyone was able to vote.
What changed this was when the majority of office holders were liberal/wealthy. Then they changed the laws to fit them and maintain their control. Hence...the eventual fall of a great civilazation.
Wasn't there someone that said something about knowing our history least we repeat it?
RICKY

Beggs, OK

#5 Apr 6, 2010
If your in the dark about elections, than better chance to get passed what they want, Not what the public wants. If elections cost so much to have. LETS MAKE THEM TWICE OR THREE TIMES A YEAR.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glenpool Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Principal's Wife Serving Booze to Little Kids Mar 16 As I see it 1
AARP free income tax preparation at Sapulpa Lib... (Jan '12) Mar 2 xxx 3
Atwood's scamming patrons out of tax exempt pro... Feb '17 SapulpaTax Payer 1
News Oklahoma Issues Record-Breaking Number Of Emerg... Jan '17 emergency 1
News Jenks Retailer Given Eviction Notice After Inte... (Jun '09) Jan '17 Sleeper 169
News Could Jenks, Bixby & Glenpool Officers Become S... (Mar '10) Jan '17 Chief Bell of the... 131
James Sartorelli Dec '16 Patrea Sheffield 1

Glenpool Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glenpool Mortgages