Stolen Ultrasound Machines Sold On Ebay

Stolen Ultrasound Machines Sold On Ebay

There are 1 comment on the MyFoxPhilly story from Oct 6, 2010, titled Stolen Ultrasound Machines Sold On Ebay. In it, MyFoxPhilly reports that:

In 2009, a A Sonosite TitalA ultrasound machine, valued at $35,000, was stolen from the emergency department of Riddle Memorial Hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyFoxPhilly.

Patrick Kerrigan

Glen Ellyn, IL

#1 Oct 12, 2010
I am a former detective with the Veterans Affairs Police in Chicago. I routinely research the thefts of medical equipment from hospitals and other medical and non medical facilities. The theft of ultrasound machines and or their individual probes is one of the hottest devices stolen from hospitals.

These thefts take place in the United States and around the world. The place where it really causes problems is in some of undeveloped parts of Africa. These devices are stolen from mainly public or government hospitals and sold to private doctors to use in their own private practice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glenolden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
up and coming Folcroft Aug '17 Blue Eyes 1
Question to Collingdale pa. Police Chief (Jul '08) Jun '17 Tom 33
Barbara Jean and Raymond Thomas Jun '17 Monty73 1
To Tom Rundgen May '17 Patriot 1
News Pa. woman warned about gator finds pot lab instead (Jul '09) Feb '17 She Pharted Hard 29
Loretta stasky (Dec '16) Dec '16 Oldfriend52 1
Glenolden Pathmark SOLD to Collins ShopRite (Jun '12) Apr '16 Collingdale 8

Glenolden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glenolden Mortgages