Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
How about some facts to support your ideology ?
Maybe explain why, if cutting taxes on the rich, and higher corporate profits, lead to less unemployment and higher incomes for the working man,
yet
every time we cut taxes for the rich, and corporate profits explode, unemployment increases and the working man's income drops ?
Or just insult anyone who points out the facts support the liberal/progressives.
Do you really want to know why I come on here and just joke and sling sarcasm? Those of us who have been posting on Topix for a long time have posted the same stuff over and over. I (and others) pretty much gave up posting facts, links, etc. a long time ago. It does absolutely NO GOOD. It's a complete waste of time. No one on here is going to change anyone elses mind. Now THAT has been proved. You are late to the dance in regard to the long time posters, so rock on, dude. Perhaps someone else who is also relatively new will jump in and take a stab at it, but it WILL be a waste of time. Liberals disgust me and the Republicans who are in Washington now disgust me, too. If you don't like what I post, either suck it up or skip it. Makes not one bit of diff to me.
Actually, I DID post a couple of links today about the European economy. And you know what? It was a complete waste of time. Surprise....
Big Spender

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

by Richard Feynman
(1918-1988) American physicist, Nobel Prize in Physics (1965)
"There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy.
That used to be a huge number.
But it's only a hundred billion.
It's less than the national deficit!
We used to call them astronomical numbers.
Now we should call them economical numbers."
http://www.economist.com/blogs/johnson/2011/0...
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
Douglaville Georgia > Dougla(s)ville
I suppose there will be many of these kinds of posts since we are so particular about our spelling - right?
i resemble that remark!
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
Columbus Native
Oklahoma City, OK
You can't eat that pure silver coin and when this country goes under and folks are breaking into
any and all stores grapping any food they can find gold and silver will not cause the store owner
to hold everyone back and let you come in cause you got gold and silver. No , when their is total
caos and mayhem in this country you better have a place to hide stocked with food and water that
no one knows about. You say call the police! They will be robbing and stealing trying to feed
their families too. You folks don't know how carnal mankind will become when their are no cell
phones, or food.
----------
You will need many things, but the must have things are, in no particular order because you will need them all... Guns and ammo... If you have the guns and no ammo you have nothing and that's the game that's being played now by your government, starting at Walmart. Head over to Wally World and try to buy some 22 ammo or some 9mm. Sorry but you're out of luck. Freeze dried food is a third item on the list, but CLEAN water to last some given period of time is a bigger issue as well. Regular food will soon spoil as there will be no refrigeration available with the power grid being down. You have the food part of it right but you negelected to mention that it needs
to be a food supply that will last some period of time, so it has to be freeze dried food. It may
taste like cardboard but it will keep you alive long after many others have starved to death, but
then if you can't protect your stash from the wolves outside the door you're toast anyway, so again it comes back to the guns and ammo. If you try to pay for anything with a green piece of paper with a picture of a dead President on it you'll be a laughing stock. Gold is probably too high now except for the upper class, so silver coin is your only hope, but it will go out of reach soon as well. Just for money, for what little good money will be, the only real money will be hard coin. Back to the guns and ammo, that you say call the police? You have the guns and the ammo, then YOU are the police. And you think that many people haven't already figured out all of the above, and more? Think again. Well I could go into much more detail and many scenarios, but the above should clue you in for starters. Even so, so many are clueless and live in denial. They go to the grocery store and just expect everything to always be there for them. Too funny...
if things do get as bad as you and some others predict...then precious metals seem to be a sound investment.true,you can not eat them,but they would be of more use than worthless dollars,euros,stock shares,etc.buy gold and silver!!!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
Columbus Native
Oklahoma City, OK
You can't eat that pure silver coin and when this country goes under and folks are breaking into
any and all stores grapping any food they can find gold and silver will not cause the store owner
to hold everyone back and let you come in cause you got gold and silver. No , when their is total
caos and mayhem in this country you better have a place to hide stocked with food and water that
no one knows about. You say call the police! They will be robbing and stealing trying to feed
their families too. You folks don't know how carnal mankind will become when their are no cell
phones, or food.
----------
You will need many things, but the must have things are, in no particular order because you will need them all... Guns and ammo... If you have the guns and no ammo you have nothing and that's the game that's being played now by your government, starting at Walmart. Head over to Wally World and try to buy some 22 ammo or some 9mm. Sorry but you're out of luck. Freeze dried food is a third item on the list, but CLEAN water to last some given period of time is a bigger issue as well. Regular food will soon spoil as there will be no refrigeration available with the power grid being down. You have the food part of it right but you negelected to mention that it needs
to be a food supply that will last some period of time, so it has to be freeze dried food. It may
taste like cardboard but it will keep you alive long after many others have starved to death, but
then if you can't protect your stash from the wolves outside the door you're toast anyway, so again it comes back to the guns and ammo. If you try to pay for anything with a green piece of paper with a picture of a dead President on it you'll be a laughing stock. Gold is probably too high now except for the upper class, so silver coin is your only hope, but it will go out of reach soon as well. Just for money, for what little good money will be, the only real money will be hard coin. Back to the guns and ammo, that you say call the police? You have the guns and the ammo, then YOU are the police. And you think that many people haven't already figured out all of the above, and more? Think again. Well I could go into much more detail and many scenarios, but the above should clue you in for starters. Even so, so many are clueless and live in denial. They go to the grocery store and just expect everything to always be there for them. Too funny...
How about bartering goods?
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

soros wrote:
<quoted text> DIZZY, not delusional. And I may or may not agree with ALL your posts. I don't expect you to care. Not me.
no matter what your name spells backwards-i agree with you on many things.does'nt matter how old you are or what condiction your heart is in- as long as it is in the right place!
soros

Austell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

domino wrote:
The White Raven is my hero and I, for one am reading the entire posts. They are very informative and TRUE. The White Raven for President....yessssss!
You're late to the party.
LUVmYhORSE

Munster, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
Note Corrections: For the spelling and typing police ...
domino
Winnfield, LA
_________
I sure have no interest in being President or Mayor of backwoods USA - Winnfield, LA.
What do all of you good ol'boys do for fun out that way?
Stump jumping & frog giggin
Sojourner

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
Note Corrections: For the spelling and typing police ...
domino
Winnfield, LA
_________
I sure have no interest in being President or Mayor of backwoods USA - Winnfield, LA.
What do all of you good ol'boys do for fun out that way?
Quit calling it backwoods USA. It has a name: Hazlehurst, Ga.
Mississippi Gurl

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

You all suck.
Mississippi boy

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Mississippi Gurl wrote:
You all suck.

Read yesterday where Mississippi finally passed the 13th amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
Topper

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Mississippi Gurl wrote:
You all suck.
Could you be gender specfic on that?
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

The White Raven wrote:
domino
Winnfield, LA
_________
I sure have no interest in being President or Mayor of backwooods USA - Winnfield, LA.
What do you all of you ol'boys do for fun out that way?
And you would do better to read all of the material at the links, but that may be above your pay grade.
_________
Synergy
Do you really want to know why I come on here and just joke and sling sarcasm? Those of us who have been posting on Topix for a long time have posted the same stuff over and over. I (and others) pretty much gave up posting facts, links, etc. a long time ago. It does absolutely NO GOOD. It's a complete waste of time. No one on here is going to change anyone elses mind.
_________
That's exactly the point about silver coins. A 90% silver US coin[pre-1964] may be good for barter as it will still be considered good (real) money. Any extra ammo will be very good as something to trade with as well. But there are problems with that even now. Two box limit in effect most places and it sells out as soon as it comes in.
http://www.newschannel9.com/news/top-stories/...
I agree with you 100% on the other points that you mention. TOPIX is a cesspool. It's as simple as that.
i have been collecting gold and silver coins for over a decade now.first as a hobby(mostly old and rare coins)but lately more seriously and mostly bullion.the only bad thing is that is kinda like betting against the u.s. dollar,but the way things look -that may not be a bad bet.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, brother. This has been argued ad nauseum on Topix and you just spew the same 'ole left wing crap. Look! WHY are you libs so mad? I have asked that over and over. Why? Everything is going just as you want it to. Obama is in power. You are looking forward to lower taxes and afordable healthcare. You are going to get exactly what you voted for. If congress doesn't grant what Obama wants, he has Executive Order as a backup so he can fulfill his promises. No worries. So! Why are you libs so mad?
Nice try.

Why do you Right Wingers keep pretending we mad?

We have are just grateful Obama is a Right Wing president a little less incompetent and a little less of a complete corporate shill than Bush.

At least Obama gets our boys killed unnecessarily at a slower rate than Bush.

At least Obama, even though hr won't prosecute the War Criminals in charge from 2000 to 2008, says he won't torture his political enemies - Bush took pride in being a War Criminal.

Heck, were just thrilled Romney didn't have the chance to create another Great Depressions. Think how low wages could drop and how high profits could go then.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's the Right Wingers all upset that maybe some sanity might infiltrate into the government.

One can only hope.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>i have been collecting gold and silver coins for over a decade now.first as a hobby(mostly old and rare coins)but lately more seriously and mostly bullion.the only bad thing is that is kinda like betting against the u.s. dollar,but the way things look -that may not be a bad bet.
That would be a cool hobby, but can you ever bring yourself to sell the coins?

I tried to "invest" in firearms when I was younger, but could never bring myself to sell one of them.

Finally the Wife raised such a fuss I gave most of them to the kids and siblings as Christmas and Birthday gifts.

I hope you can sell when the market is right - I never could.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to "invest" in firearms when I was younger, but could never bring myself to sell one of them.
Finally the Wife raised such a fuss I gave most of them to the kids and siblings as Christmas and Birthday gifts.
i have never sold a coin or even tried to,although i have given a few as gifts.so i know how you feel.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

The White Raven wrote:
domino
Winnfield, LA
_________
I sure have no interest in being President or Mayor of backwooods USA - Winnfield, LA.
What do you all of you ol'boys do for fun out that way?
And you would do better to read all of the material at the links, but that may be above your pay grade.
_________
Synergy
Do you really want to know why I come on here and just joke and sling sarcasm? Those of us who have been posting on Topix for a long time have posted the same stuff over and over. I (and others) pretty much gave up posting facts, links, etc. a long time ago. It does absolutely NO GOOD. It's a complete waste of time. No one on here is going to change anyone elses mind.
_________
That's exactly the point about silver coins. A 90% silver US coin[pre-1964] may be good for barter as it will still be considered good (real) money. Any extra ammo will be very good as something to trade with as well. But there are problems with that even now. Two box limit in effect most places and it sells out as soon as it comes in.
http://www.newschannel9.com/news/top-stories/...
I agree with you 100% on the other points that you mention. TOPIX is a cesspool. It's as simple as that.
btw,did you see the national geographic special'the history of gold'? most people don't know just how rare it really is.one of the best examples that i have heard is that,in the all the centuries that people have looking,panning,mineing,etc.yo u can fill three olympic-size swimming pools with all that has ever been found.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>i have never sold a coin or even tried to,although i have given a few as gifts.so i know how you feel.
Good to know it isn't just me.

Let all the kids know you have those collections and you drafted your will in pencil - you'll never be lonely when you're old !
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
and of the few that i did give as gifts,i suspect that some of them probably ended up a pawn shop.graditude may even be rarer than gold.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>

At least Obama gets our boys killed unnecessarily at a slower rate than Bush.

Unless they are part of the diplomatic corps.

At least Obama, even though hr won't prosecute the War Criminals in charge from 2000 to 2008, says he won't torture his political enemies - Bush took pride in being a War Criminal.
You're right, Bush allowed THREE terrorists to be weatherboarded, Obama just kills people in drone strikes -311 of the 363 drone strikes since 2004 have been under Obama.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Glennville Discussions

Search the Glennville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) 4 hr Drew 239
Review: InstaLoan Jul 19 chris leonard 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Another employee suspended at Rogers State Prison (Sep '06) Jul 10 MississippiGem 146
Review: Bass Automotive Jul 3 grace9964 1
Klingbeil/Farley murder suicide 2006 (Mar '11) Jun 25 Toni 10
Debate: Marijuana - Hinesville, GA (Sep '10) Jun '14 weavinggoddess 46
•••
•••
•••
•••

Glennville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••