Stanley Williams appointed as Warden ...

Stanley Williams appointed as Warden at Smith Stat Prison

There are 10 comments on the The Glennville Sentinel story from Mar 2, 2011, titled Stanley Williams appointed as Warden at Smith Stat Prison. In it, The Glennville Sentinel reports that:

Georgia Department of Corrections Commissioner Brian Owens has announced the appointment of Stanley Williams as Warden of Smith State Prison, effective March 1, 2011.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Glennville Sentinel.

Nomorejustice

Grovetown, GA

#1 May 3, 2011
Stanley Williams I pray that you make a change for the better.
HIS georgia peach

Ellijay, GA

#2 Sep 11, 2011
Congratulations Stanley Williams. I do not know your background, but I will try to search it out to see about your track record. Hopefully you have an ounce of compassion. You have your hands full with the undertaking, but I can only pray you have an open mind and you have the inmates interest at heart. I do not believe in employ being abused either. You need to take control and create balance within your prison. Are you the man to do it. Prove it to us...that you can in fact create equality for all. I will be listening and watching as I do come and visit and I do hear the inner rumblings of what all happens during the week. I also observe the attitudes and actions of the guards in the visitation room. It's only been 7 months since you arrived, but there is lots to be done. GO AT IT... HIS GEORGIA PEACH
concerned family member

Valdosta, GA

#5 Jul 22, 2012
I was not familiar with the last warden but i am hear to tell you Stanley Williams is o better.Cherish your love ones because i lost mines to Smith State Prison.Stanley Williams disregared my love one and now he is dead......
God Knows

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Nov 13, 2013
Stanley williams is a lier,he lies about what he tells us about my son,told my son he dont give a care in the world about his family or him. I dont see were he is so good at,when his back ground isnt as perfect as people may seem. Please do your research,stanley williams dont care about what happens to nobody in That prison at all. Dont prays somebody if you dont know the truth. About him. Stanley williams is a fake,he is not what people think he is.
former_ bad_ass ga_ guard

Milledgeville, GA

#7 Nov 13, 2013
God Knows wrote:
Stanley williams is a lier,he lies about what he tells us about my son,told my son he dont give a care in the world about his family or him. I dont see were he is so good at,when his back ground isnt as perfect as people may seem. Please do your research,stanley williams dont care about what happens to nobody in That prison at all. Dont prays somebody if you dont know the truth. About him. Stanley williams is a fake,he is not what people think he is.
I dunno..I used to work for Warden Williams At Bostick State Prison When he was just A Deputy Warden Of Security and he was a Big-Time Inmate Lover In my Professional Guard Opinion..You as a Inmate Supporter Coulda done a lot worst than Williams being Warden.
1sheba_Neno2

Tempe, AZ

#8 Oct 20, 2014
I just don't know. So much happens to our love ones period, weather in prison or out in the street. It is all very sad. However, for all our love one's that are locked up they made the wrong decisions and thought that they would not get caught. Hopefully, when my love ones get out they realize the truth, which they do realize it now. However, they're still locked up. It is a sad thing to have family that was not raised together, live in different states, but end up in prison. That just tell me one thing, we all have free-will, know matter if your rich, poor, black, white or any other, the choice to do the right thing or wrong is up to each individual. Which should teach all of us to pray for all that are locked up for their safety. The gangs in prison is so sad. All we can do is pray to God in Jesus name for a change for our love ones and safety for all.
Mrs Alexander

Ellenwood, GA

#10 Dec 29, 2015
Mr Williams is a liar he treats your love ones like crap. When he comes out in visitation he pretend he's listening to you and your family .He told my love one to write him what was his request, he did and MR WILLIAMS RIP UP THE LETTER IN FRONT OF HIM . HEARTLESS MAN .
Portia_Anderson

United States

#11 Jan 18, 2016
I am trying to get information about an inmate Christopher Anderson. I know he has been sick and it is close to his release date. Is there anyway I can contact your facilities by phone?
Capri53

Albany, GA

#12 Feb 9, 2016
I am going to contact the governor and three state senators about the conditions , treatment, and wrong doings are all these people they need to be exposed. God isn't pleased with the way these people are being treated they are not all bad and we all make mistakes. Jesus is the perfect one and he died to save all mankind. I am forming a group of ministers to go meet with the governor and look into these allegations because we need people that care and not mistreat anyone because they are locked up. They break all kind of rules and are allowed to do so. They all need prayer from the front door to the back door that God would send his angels to rein over this place . Pray , pray, pray that God will come and expose and I know he's able .
bevbry

Lawrenceville, GA

#13 Jul 25, 2016
Smith State Prison has been on lockdown sense June 20th, I understand the reason for this action but I think 35 days is a bit excessive. I understand the lockdown is to protect the inmates but I can't help but wonder about the the mental well-being of the innocent inmates how can this lengthy lockdown do them any good. To always be punished for other people troubles. Why can't the well behaved inmates be housed away form the ones who are always making trouble. Regardless of what their crimes were if they have put forth the effort to stay out of trouble that must count for something
I'm Just saying

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glennville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do anyone know where Ashley Hall Aka Nikki (Apr '14) Apr 25 ISO 7
Creative Landscaping Apr 1 Stole from me 1
I want a honest single soldier (Aug '15) Mar '17 LAURIE 4
Hinesville police officers harrasing the milita... Mar '17 Sherman 1
Who's in charge of corruption? (Apr '11) Mar '17 Sherman 3
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) Mar '17 cutie pie 263
Children, Child Molesters Mar '17 cutie pie 4

Glennville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance