hidden crime in bowie md

Posted in the Glenn Dale Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
concerned parent

College Park, MD

#1 Nov 16, 2008
The bowie area news agencys, bowie star, bowie blade, the gazette, ARE ALL HIDING THE FACT THAT CRIME IS VERY MUCH UP IN BOWIE MD!!! Never noted was some very serious gang crime in pointer ridge. two teenagers were jumped, beaten and lap top stolen right in front of their home in pointer ridge, in broad daylight. a woman and daugher were beat to death in pointer ridge also by a gang. the pointer ridge shopping center has been broken into SEVERAL times with no mention of it in the papers. Just last night someone busted the glass doors out of the CVS again, and broke in. What is up with the local media/police concealing these important facts??????????

The reason there is ALWAYS police outside of the Bowie Library is that some girl was raped in the bathroom. Why is this being concealed???

To verify, go to the pg county police dept. and inquire. Eventhough this is happening, if you try and search for it online under crime in Bowie md - you cannot find it. Why??????????

There is probably so much more, that I dont even know about.

As a mom, I want to know about these things. Please help keep our city safe, and parents INFORMED.
mark

Crofton, MD

#2 Nov 21, 2008
concerned parent wrote:
The bowie area news agencys, bowie star, bowie blade, the gazette, ARE ALL HIDING THE FACT THAT CRIME IS VERY MUCH UP IN BOWIE MD!!! Never noted was some very serious gang crime in pointer ridge. two teenagers were jumped, beaten and lap top stolen right in front of their home in pointer ridge, in broad daylight. a woman and daugher were beat to death in pointer ridge also by a gang. the pointer ridge shopping center has been broken into SEVERAL times with no mention of it in the papers. Just last night someone busted the glass doors out of the CVS again, and broke in. What is up with the local media/police concealing these important facts??????????
The reason there is ALWAYS police outside of the Bowie Library is that some girl was raped in the bathroom. Why is this being concealed???
To verify, go to the pg county police dept. and inquire. Eventhough this is happening, if you try and search for it online under crime in Bowie md - you cannot find it. Why??????????
As a mom, I want to know about these things. Please help keep our city safe, and parents INFORMED.
I guarantee you the people responsible are BLACK.this is what happens young black moms raise their children themself,it's only going to get worse.if your black you need to move to a mostly white neighbor hood where this does'nt happen.if it does happen again,the people are black.
Terrance Anthony

Westminster, MD

#3 Nov 25, 2008
mark wrote:
<quoted text>I guarantee you the people responsible are BLACK.this is what happens young black moms raise their children themself,it's only going to get worse.if your black you need to move to a mostly white neighbor hood where this does'nt happen.if it does happen again,the people are black.
You are absolutely correct. I try my best to keep racial remarks to myself but I have to say it's true. I myself am a American born African American male and I can concur with your statements. BLACKS today are a sad bunch. After everything our Civil Rights brothers and sisters died for, we continue to move backwards.
Bowie is a beautiful area and there are plenty of very educated black families. It's sad to see Black children males and females continue to carry them selves as if they are still living in the ghetto. These are million dollar homes and million dollar communities, why are they acting so stupid and ghetto when Bowie is nowhere close to being ghetto.
Come on black people, wtf is wrong with us?
mark

Crofton, MD

#4 Nov 27, 2008
Terrance Anthony wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct. I try my best to keep racial remarks to myself but I have to say it's true. I myself am a American born African American male and I can concur with your statements. BLACKS today are a sad bunch. After everything our Civil Rights brothers and sisters died for, we continue to move backwards.
Bowie is a beautiful area and there are plenty of very educated black families. It's sad to see Black children males and females continue to carry them selves as if they are still living in the ghetto. These are million dollar homes and million dollar communities, why are they acting so stupid and ghetto when Bowie is nowhere close to being ghetto.
Come on black people, wtf is wrong with us?
TERRANCE,thank you for your comment,it's sounds raciest to what I said but it is not.i'am only saying it like it is.there are plenty of great black people who live in bowie,but it only takes a handful of idiots to make it look worse then it is.I wish that every black person like your self thought like you and rallied against violence and gangs,why not jackson and sharpton organizing marches through the inner cities at wee hours of the morning when the drug dealing and violence is occuring,it's seems to me that they only organize marches when there is a white on black crime or cop on black crime why?never once have i seen a march foe black on black crime or black on white crime.like its our duty to do that if it happens to a white person.then if we do we are considered raciest.why? you know how most white people feel about blacks and blacks feel against whites,it's TERRIBLE!somewhwere,somehow with the support of people like you and others we could see a difference.but if a white man wants to speak out about blacks and gang activity black people will call him a bigot.you see what i'am saying?
Lawrence J

Westminster, MD

#5 Dec 6, 2008
I actually agree with both of you and many of my African American peers can also concur. Both my parents grew up in Camden, NJ as did I. We struggled to get away from all the ghetto strife that our own neighbors and friends surrounded us with. My father was a building engineer and my mother a administrative assistant. They both worked hard and kept me and my younger brother away from the madness. When we told our neighbors that we were moving out of Camden everyone called us sell outs. Why?? Because we wanted a better life for ourselves? Because we were tired of sleeping with one eye open or because gunshots kept us up all night?
Black on anything crime is ridiculous. When people of my own race thinks it bad to do better then something is seriously wrong with our people.
I have 2 kids of my own. I will be damned if I see them sagging their pants and acting the fool when I worked my ass off for their education and to put them in a decent neighborhood. I will throw them right back in Camden and see how long they can survive the real ghetto. They wouldn't survive 5 minutes there and neither would any of the youth in our neighborhood who tries to act ghetto rich.
I only moved to Bowie because of the high black population of educated men and women. Many there are Doctors and Engineers or Scientists etc and mainly African American. I wanted to show my children that blacks can overcome anything and succeed, but sadly in my own neighborhood of Collington a gated community, we see so many kids and adults acting the fool. They blast their music, drive old police cars with 40 inch rims and harass innocent white, Asian and older black folk for nothing. They are fools, acting like idiots! Their parents should be ashamed.
I spoke to a few of the youth in my neighborhood and asked why are they carrying guns, sagging their pants, tagging our signs, beating up people, robbing people, cursing and acting like low life's.
I explained to them that they need to look around them. "This isn't the projects" I explained. These are million dollar homes. Your parents are probably Doctors or Scientists and you are "acting" as if this is the "hood" that everyday is survival and you all are struggling. I told them they are fools, they have everything given to them and they want to take 10 steps backwards in life instead of utilizing the gift they are blessed with.
As Mr. Mark stated "hite man wants to speak out about blacks and gang activity black people will call him a bigot" the only bigot's are our own black people, but not everyone. There are educated blacks who will agree with you and can see how unfair it is.
I'm not blind. We have BET (black entertainment television) if there was a WET (white entertainment television) I'm sure there would be riots in the black community and whites would be hunted down for just the though of the idea alone. It is unfair and things need to change. I'm proud to be black and proud of what I've accomplished in my life. Both my children are straight "A" students. They give me hope that more blacks can do better.
Bowie needs to change. Enough of the crime black people if your reading this. Enough of the GHETTO RICH lifestyle. You are not selling out if you decide to be decent people. There is a reason people in the Ghetto act the way they do, they really are struggling. Bowie is not the ghetto but in's not a handful of black who try to make it the ghetto it's a truckload.
Lets come to our senses black people. Get your kids in order and keep them in order or our beautiful community will be no better than SE DC.
Sincerely
LJ.
mark

Seattle, WA

#6 Dec 13, 2008
Lawrence J wrote:
I actually agree with both of you and many of my African American peers can also concur. Both my parents grew up in Camden, NJ as did I. We struggled to get away from all the ghetto strife that our own neighbors and friends surrounded us with. My father was a building engineer and my mother a administrative assistant. They both worked hard and kept me and my younger brother away from the madness. When we told our neighbors that we were moving out of Camden everyone called us sell outs. Why?? Because we wanted a better life for ourselves? Because we were tired of sleeping with one eye open or because gunshots kept us up all night?
Black on anything crime is ridiculous. When people of my own race thinks it bad to do better then something is seriously wrong with our people.
I have 2 kids of my own. I will be damned if I see them sagging their pants and acting the fool when I worked my ass off for their education and to put them in a decent neighborhood. I will throw them right back in Camden and see how long they can survive the real ghetto. They wouldn't survive 5 minutes there and neither would any of the youth in our neighborhood who tries to act ghetto rich.
I only moved to Bowie because of the high black population of educated men and women. Many there are Doctors and Engineers or Scientists etc and mainly African American. I wanted to show my children that blacks can overcome anything and succeed, but sadly in my own neighborhood of Collington a gated community, we see so many kids and adults acting the fool. They blast their music, drive old police cars with 40 inch rims and harass innocent white, Asian and older black folk for nothing. They are fools, acting like idiots! Their parents should be ashamed.
I spoke to a few of the youth in my neighborhood and asked why are they carrying guns, sagging their pants, tagging our signs, beating up people, robbing people, cursing and acting like low life's.
I explained to them that they need to look around them. "This isn't the projects" I explained. These are million dollar homes. Your parents are probably Doctors or Scientists and you are "acting" as if this is the "hood" that everyday is survival and you all are struggling. I told them they are fools, they have everything given to them and they want to take 10 steps backwards in life instead of utilizing the gift they are blessed with.
As Mr. Mark stated "hite man wants to speak out about blacks and gang activity black people will call him a bigot" the only bigot's are our own black people, but not everyone. There are educated blacks who will agree with you and can see how unfair it is.
I'm not blind. We have BET (black entertainment television) if there was a WET (white entertainment television) I'm sure there would be riots in the black community and whites would be hunted down for just the though of the idea alone. It is unfair and things need to change. I'm proud to be black and proud of what I've accomplished in my life. Both my children are straight "A" students. They give me hope that more blacks can do better.
Bowie needs to change. Enough of the crime black people if your reading this. Enough of the GHETTO RICH lifestyle. You are not selling out if you decide to be decent people. There is a reason people in the Ghetto act the way they do, they really are struggling. Bowie is not the ghetto but in's not a handful of black who try to make it the ghetto it's a truckload.
Lets come to our senses black people. Get your kids in order and keep them in order or our beautiful community will be no better than SE DC.
Sincerely
LJ.
AWESOME POST!
black guy

Odenton, MD

#7 Dec 17, 2008
i concur
Emily

Bowie, MD

#8 Dec 21, 2008
concerned parent wrote:
I live in pointer ridge, and this is really bad that nobody knows this. i never even heard of this. Im sure i know some of these people but this is really bad.
Emily

Bowie, MD

#9 Dec 21, 2008
concerned parent wrote:

I really cant believe that nobody put this in the news.
Joe

Gambrills, MD

#10 Dec 22, 2008
The reason that "Nobody" put this in the news is because it never happened. A women and daughter were not beaten to death, a girl was not raped at the library. The ONLY truthful comment in this persons rambling was the information abot the CVS being broken into.
Jim

College Park, MD

#11 Jan 13, 2009
Sadly, "Joe" is very much mistaken. If you want to check your facts, contact the Prince Georges County Police Dept and the Sheriff's Dept. The crimes did indeed happen and you can contact the County Police to verify. By the way, the kid beaten and lap top stolen is a lifeguard at Pointer Ridge Pool named Andrew.
Joe

Crofton, MD

#12 Jan 14, 2009
Your most recent posting shows just how "Un-Informed" you are !! The Pointer Ridge Section of Bowie is within the corporate city limits and therefor under the jurisdiction of the City of Bowie Police and not the Prince George's County Police. Secondly the Sheriff's Office does not respond to incidents in the city of Bowie. Other than responding to 911 calls for domestic incidents in the Suitland, Landover and Seat Plaesant areas of the county, they do not respond to calls. When and where did the alledged murder of the daughter and mother take place ? It wasn't in Bowie !! It's people like you that cause others to get worried and/or paranoid about their community because they read your rambling writings about incidents that didn't occur. Until you get your facts straight and have some evidence to produce and not tell people to get the proof themselves, SHUT THE F*#K UP !!!
Jim

College Park, MD

#13 Jan 14, 2009
You must be in the real estate business trying to keep people from thinking Pointer Ridge is a safe place to live. Judging by your language and manners, you would fit right in there. Sounds like your from the ghetto! Just keep it alive Bro.
Carol

College Park, MD

#14 Jan 20, 2009
I have observed that the the Bowie Library is policed daily from 2:45 on by the Sheriff's Department. You can see their cars from Rt. 450 Annapolis Road.
shari

United States

#15 Feb 1, 2009
They're hiding some crime over in Crofton too. The President of the Crofton Civic Association is a long time Deadbeat Dad from California who ran out on his family responsibilities in 1978. He was located by the District Attorney in Tucson Arizona in 1987, and placed on the deadbeat list for Prince George's County. He was working at the NSA with no security clearance background check at the time, and was worried about being exposed. So he just flashed his NSA badge at the court and refused to appear. Maryland closed the case. How's that for cheap tactics? Total Deadbeat stayed at the NSA for the next 20 years, no questions asked, cheated his daughter out of 13 years of child support and Federal health benefits. Total Deadbeat is listed on Rip Off Report:

Deadbeat Dad Works for NSA

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/342/Rip...

The ex-wife and family found out in 2007 where he's been for 30 years. When ex-wife contacted the local news, she was told to "get a life". FBI and DOD are investigating how daddy got a security clearance being a Deadbeat.

Meanwhile, Deadbeat is over in Crofton playing President of the Crofton Civic Association. shari74@gmail.com
mark

Crofton, MD

#17 Feb 2, 2009
shari wrote:
They're hiding some crime over in Crofton too. The President of the Crofton Civic Association is a long time Deadbeat Dad from California who ran out on his family responsibilities in 1978. He was located by the District Attorney in Tucson Arizona in 1987, and placed on the deadbeat list for Prince George's County. He was working at the NSA with no security clearance background check at the time, and was worried about being exposed. So he just flashed his NSA badge at the court and refused to appear. Maryland closed the case. How's that for cheap tactics? Total Deadbeat stayed at the NSA for the next 20 years, no questions asked, cheated his daughter out of 13 years of child support and Federal health benefits. Total Deadbeat is listed on Rip Off Report:
Deadbeat Dad Works for NSA
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/342/Rip...
The ex-wife and family found out in 2007 where he's been for 30 years. When ex-wife contacted the local news, she was told to "get a life". FBI and DOD are investigating how daddy got a security clearance being a Deadbeat.
Meanwhile, Deadbeat is over in Crofton playing President of the Crofton Civic Association. shari74@gmail.com
wow!steve grimaud is a deadbeat?you never know who you talk to or see from time to time.SCUMBAG!
Local

Bowie, MD

#18 Feb 27, 2009
Perhaps as a community it would be helpful to educate ourselves on what exactly is going on and where these problems are occurring. As citizens it is both a right and a responsibility to be well-informed on criminal activity taking place in our own backyards.

If anyone has information, shouldn't we have a place to collect it and display someplace it would be available to the public? Just a thought. Perhaps it could be organized by someone here. It could help us change our neighborhood, and even if it helps only a little, prevents one crime, wouldn't that be worth it?
Michael

Rockville, MD

#19 Mar 17, 2009
So where do we display the information and how do we go about keeping/making Bowie safe?
Nancy

Bowie, MD

#20 Jun 2, 2009
Carol wrote:
I have observed that the the Bowie Library is policed daily from 2:45 on by the Sheriff's Department. You can see their cars from Rt. 450 Annapolis Road.
The police car is at the library from 2:45 or so on because the high schoolers hang out there after school is out and they had a problem with them being disrespectful to the patron and librarians. Thats been in the Bowie Blade on and off for like three years now. I don't know if anyone was attacked in the bathroom or not but that is not why the cop car is there.

Since: Jun 09

Crofton, MD

#21 Jun 2, 2009
LJ, you sound like someone people would be lucky to know. I agree.
When I go to Bowie, I see well educated, hard working parents with a$$hole kids. I see both black and white kids looking stupid with their pants sagging and using poor grammar. It's ridiculous AND contagious! I see my 11 year old emulating some of the swagger and expressions. It makes me CRAZY!!!! They wouldn't survive a minute in the real ghetto. Why do people idolize that lifestyle? I don't get it, but maybe that's because I'm a cracker!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glenn Dale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fast and reliable pain n anxiety meds Dec 14 helping lanham 1
Pump It Up In Lanham - Horrible Experience! (Apr '09) Dec 4 Mary 32
NASA: stunning new look at how carbon dioxide t... Nov 30 SpaceBlues 30
NASA's Van Allen Probes Spot Impenetrable Radia... Nov 28 Andarz Abedini 1
joseph carson velez child molester Nov 20 concerned niegbor 2
Sex Abuser allowed to serve home detention in B... (May '14) Nov 20 thetruthaboutjoea... 2
Wal-Mart denied request to build Supercenter in... Nov '14 Angelsbobbi 2
Glenn Dale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Glenn Dale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Glenn Dale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Glenn Dale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:36 am PST