Missing UConn Student Found -- Couran...

Missing UConn Student Found -- Courant.com

There are 11 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Sep 4, 2007, titled Missing UConn Student Found -- Courant.com. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

A University of Connecticut freshman missing since early this morning was found in the woods behind her North Campus dorm following a massive search, and was being taken to the hospital for evaluation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

hahahahaha

Hartford, CT

#1 Sep 4, 2007
gotta love the freshmen that cant handle their booze- 12pm and still sleeping in the woods? thats impressive
Wow

Newington, CT

#2 Sep 4, 2007
hahahahaha wrote:
gotta love the freshmen that cant handle their booze- 12pm and still sleeping in the woods? thats impressive
I bet her parents don't think so.
Hmm

United States

#3 Sep 4, 2007
Don't you have to wait 24 hours before reporting someone missing before something is done?
Katie

Newington, CT

#4 Sep 4, 2007
In other words, the young lady got so astoundingly intoxicated that she decided sleeping in the woods would be a great idea.

I bet her parents are SO proud.
BIGHSHOT

Hartford, CT

#5 Sep 4, 2007
what an idiot. maybe they were playing quarters or flipcup. thats ok though
A Mom of College Student

Broad Brook, CT

#7 Sep 4, 2007
I'm surprised at 7:30 am parents knew their kid was not in the dorm. Unless her roommate got worried and called her parents. What if this poor kid ran into an old boyfriend and spent the night with him? Thaat would have been a little awkward telling mom and dad. I'm sure she would have woken up at 2ish and gone back to her room to sleep it off.
Tripper

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Sep 4, 2007
Katie wrote:
In other words, the young lady got so astoundingly intoxicated that she decided sleeping in the woods would be a great idea.
I bet her parents are SO proud.
I didn't pick-up anything that made me think she had been drinking. Is drinking a common assumption of any University Of Connecticut student found in this situation? The story is strange, but she could have missed taken her prescription and passed out.
boots

Woodbury, CT

#9 Sep 4, 2007
How embarrassing.
butane

Wethersfield, CT

#11 Sep 4, 2007
Must of been a wild party!

From what I understand, this was a big party weekend for UCONN I think.

I'm with all the others, I say this girl was so drunk that she had no idea what she was doing and just decided to pass out in the woods.

The sad part is, she probably wasn't even drinking a high quality, premium beverage.

She was probably drinking a bunch of cheap vodka and crappy american light beer.
Kane

Enfield, CT

#12 Sep 4, 2007
sounds like mental illness.

probably and sadly schizophrenia.

In the woods all night with her bath robe on and then to be found in "good condition", implying no overt/physical signs of distress/injury kind of rules out intoxication.

Her roomate probably alerted someone early in the process because she was probably exhibited "strange" behavior in the recent days.

The devastating illness of schizophrenia often has its onset during late adolescence and is precipitated by a decline in functioning before an alarming "event".

Truth is, no one knows what happened yet. Hopefully the evaluation will be thorough and helpful.

Assuming the teen was intoxicated is sad thing. Could miss out on a much more serious thing by jumping to that conclusion.

Maybe so many jumped to that conclusion because they were trashed in college but not everbody is or was.
Bark Martek

United States

#14 Sep 4, 2007
UConn is an agricultural school, right? Maybe she was looking for a missing cow?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glenmoore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Windsor Ridge (Sep '06) Apr 19 IdiotIndians 33
News American Muslim teens learn to disarm Islamophobia Mar '17 Greg 6
glen mills schools (Sep '11) Feb '17 Youngnuts1 123
Backpage Jan '17 Bub69x 1
Tony Tonino Palumbo of Reading and Avondale Jan '17 Andrea 1
Lowes at Morgantown Crossing Nov '16 Angrygirl 1
News 3 jailed in Chester County drug raids (Feb '13) Feb '13 compton clover 1

Glenmoore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance