Woman's fall was suicide

Woman's fall was suicide

There are 10 comments on the Philly.com story from Jan 4, 2006, titled Woman's fall was suicide. In it, Philly.com reports that:

Charlene M. Saia Eckman, who fell more than 15 feet after vaulting a second-floor railing at the Plaza at the King of Prussia mall on New Year's Eve, committed suicide, the Montgomery County Coroner's Office ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philly.com.

mandylange

Since: Jan 06

Detroit, MI

#1 Jan 5, 2006
I witnessed the womans fall on New Years Eve. My two year old son had run away from me and I went to chase him. As I caught up with him I saw her fall and she landed about 10 feet from my son. I wish to believe that she was mentally ill instead of knowing that she would do what she did in front of children and with no regard to whether she could have landed on someone. I myself suffer from anxiety and have had a really rough time thinking of what would have happened had my son been right below her. I will never get the vision of her laying on the ground, with blood coming out of her mouth and nose, a pool of blood growing on the floor beneath her head. Nor will I forget the sound she made when she landed or the grayness of her skin and the dead look in her eye. I also noticed that she lost a shoe when she landed and I wanted to put it back on for her to give her some dignity. This was a tragedy and I wish that she had sought help for illness.
Trixie

AOL

#2 Jan 19, 2006
mandylange wrote:
I witnessed the womans fall on New Years Eve. My two year old son had run away from me and I went to chase him. As I caught up with him I saw her fall and she landed about 10 feet from my son. I wish to believe that she was mentally ill instead of knowing that she would do what she did in front of children and with no regard to whether she could have landed on someone. I myself suffer from anxiety and have had a really rough time thinking of what would have happened had my son been right below her. I will never get the vision of her laying on the ground, with blood coming out of her mouth and nose, a pool of blood growing on the floor beneath her head. Nor will I forget the sound she made when she landed or the grayness of her skin and the dead look in her eye. I also noticed that she lost a shoe when she landed and I wanted to put it back on for her to give her some dignity. This was a tragedy and I wish that she had sought help for illness.
Unfortunately, I think this is true. It's a sad story all the way around, but I feel that there was an element in there to make it sensational and make it spectacular, with no regard for the people that are left injured in the wake. Pathological attention seeking and an inability to have any empathy for others.
Lynn

Franconia, PA

#3 Jan 22, 2006
This is certainly a terrible incident to have witnessed as well as your son. I knew her, and know she was very ill and had sought medical attention for many years. She apparently was just tourmented and overcome with such feelings to have led her to do this. Just know she tried to help herself, as well as others tried to help and I'm sure she would have regret doing this in the presence of onlookers and children.
mandylange wrote:
Brian

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Sep 20, 2009
I was actually working at the store she fell in front of. I was standing at the window talking to one of my co workers when the sound of a loud crack hit the floor. I couldnt believe what i saw. I saw her blood spreading across the floor and seen her face turn this blueish grey color. It was spooky! She had to lay on the ground for a good 10 minutes before help arrived. Im pretty sure it was too late long before paramedics got to place she landed.
Funny

Fairfield, CT

#6 Sep 21, 2009
too bad it wasnt danielle wrote:
that crackhead carnie ho needs to go away for good!
You're extremely annoying!
funny aint funny

Norristown, PA

#7 Sep 22, 2009
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
You're extremely annoying!
You can't face the truth of a crackhead welfare white b1tch getting away with her felony crack dealing [email protected], along with her lies about her other crimes.
Foolish

Fairfield, CT

#8 Sep 23, 2009
Who cares! You're an idiot! Fight your battles with stronger arguments! Your making yourself sound like a fool--maybe even more of a fool than this Danielle trailer trash!
trailertrash Danielle

Norristown, PA

#9 Sep 23, 2009
Foolish wrote:
Who cares! You're an idiot! Fight your battles with stronger arguments! Your making yourself sound like a fool--maybe even more of a fool than this Danielle trailer trash!
Funny how a foolish idiot is all over the place with the same old nonsense. Who are you? The "argument" po-po? Doesn't work here except to confirm that you are the fool.
Foolish

Fairfield, CT

#10 Sep 24, 2009
trailertrash Danielle wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how a foolish idiot is all over the place with the same old nonsense. Who are you? The "argument" po-po? Doesn't work here except to confirm that you are the fool.
No, not an argument "po-po". Just someone who is tired of seeing you post your BS in every topic on this site. Danielle left you high and dry, we get that! Don't bring your personal life into the forums. Please spare us all!
Bob B

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Dec 18, 2009
I was working upstairs at Lindt and was walking hurriedly past EB Games for a smoke break. She had her backed turned to me sitting on the bench. When I was about 15 feet from her, she hung up her phone, put it in her purse, spun around and stood on top of the bench. At this time, I'm thinking she is looking for someone over the railing, but then she grabs the railing and pulls herself over sideways, staring at me the while with what I remember as black steely eyes. At first, I thought it was some sort of trick like there was a circus net. I ran and looked over and saw her twisted body. I turned and yelled at an EB employee to call an ambulance. I looked again and saw a pool of blood surrounding her head. She left her purse on the bench. I thought to look in it, but didn't. I told the dude from EB to make sure the police get it, for I really needed a cigarette. I'll never forget this or understand why she would do that at lunchtime in front of the cafeteria. I hope no kids saw it. Not 30 minutes later, kids were sitting on that same bench eating pizza.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glenmoore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chesco Vet Accused of Animal Cruelty (Jul '06) 2 hr pgh 244
glen mills schools (Sep '11) May 20 Big crook 125
Windsor Ridge (Sep '06) Apr '17 IdiotIndians 33
News American Muslim teens learn to disarm Islamophobia Mar '17 Greg 6
Backpage Jan '17 Bub69x 1
News 3 jailed in Chester County drug raids (Feb '13) Feb '13 compton clover 1
i still love you (Dec '12) Dec '12 waiting 1

Glenmoore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance