I am one of the students

South Lyon, MI

#44 Jul 14, 2013
HELP wrote:
My nephew was just sent there and now we are reading this and he is saying the same things are happening to him. What can be done?? Who would be able to help with this? I don't want him beat for saying anything. How can we get him moved? Any ideas?
Nothing.......suck it up man up and follow the norms
I am one of the students

South Lyon, MI

#45 Jul 14, 2013
HELP wrote:
I don't know where to turn..Need to get him moved, some how. Where do I start? Is it safe to call his P.O. or will end up getting beat for it. I relise he is there for what he did but they should never touch him!! Has anyone ever been able to prove any of this abuse?? I don't know where to start??
His p.o. will laugh at you I was there in 91-93 this isn't new been around for years
Red

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#46 Jul 30, 2013
I have a son that was placed there this year in March. I heard stories of this beating and such, but didn't think to much into it. Besides I'm thinking like if this really does happen then it would be close by now.He had told me stories about him witnessing people being beat up by staff, my reply was don't give them a reason to do it to you. Well My son was being questioned about an item being found in there room. When my son wasn't giving them the information they wanted in other words they wanted him to snitch, they hit on him. I know this to be true because staff and his counselor informed me that there was an altercation but it has been resolved. MY boy told me that if they hit on him he won't stay, and he didn't. A month ago he fled Glen Mills. I still have no idea where he is, if he's eating, does he have shelter!! If There no hands on policy was inforced to include staff this wouldn't be happening .So parents if your son is going to be or on the verge of being sent there,fight it please, I didn't,I thought It was a great place. I went to vist I seen the fear in kids, always watching there backs etc. The one thing that was positive he got a GED. 7/30/13
Bradley

United States

#47 Oct 19, 2013
I was at Glen mills in 2008 for one year an that place was he'll on earth..I was in Lincoln hall an my first day I saw a kid get his ads beat for not squaring up to staff I did not know wat I signed up for.I witness this corny ads staff Nick who swore he was tough beat a kid at least 2 every two days...the ppl at Glen mills sell the world a dream tell kids they can swim in a pool play sports go to the gym all that but trust me it's never like that...I was 17 at the time an eventried to come back to RI an wave myself tto the Aci but the courts wouldn't allow it because I was there for three months already an the government Didant want to waste money...the guards use two type of restrains an MA an a PR an MA is prob a smack a chop to the throat head slapped in to the wall but with a PR there's always blood from wat I've seen ...if u have 5 dollars an a pennies there u get your ads beat kids stay snitching over there especially them Philly kids always tryin to go home early lol...I was PR twice for disrespecting staff cause I Didant say yes fast enough an for throwing non verbles an for selling cookies an Gatorade..I got pr again cause an ezect tried tellin on me an I spared on him...Lincoln hall sucks I know wat really happens at Glen mills it's a GAME every day there an let me give a shout out to the most grimy staff at Glen mills SAM ..NICK..JAMES..CASSEY...YOU ALL DID SOME SHADY THINGS TO KIDS BEATIN THEM..THESE STAFF ARE FROM LINCOLN HALL AN JHON MONTIBIANCO HE'S A JOKE TO..LOL I'M LAUGH IN CAUSE I STILL REMEMBER ALL OF THERE NAMES CAUSE THEY DRILL IT INTO OUR HEADS...ROB HALL IS A CLOWN HE'S A STAFF THERE HE TEACHES VIDEO CLASS WOST TEACHER EVER...AN ALSO AL BANKS ..KEVIN OWNS..(Rollin was cool) (Mike from Lincoln hall to).....all the rest of the staff there beat kids really bad an the proof is everywhere Glen mills is a CULT school ran by a bunch if ppl with money who beat kids an stay in there community...the best thing about Glenn mills is the food that's it....I would never send my son there an all those ppl deserve all that comes to them ..the battling BULLS suck the student union sucks the only reason Glenn mills is good at sports cause u ppl give them a first round draft pick throughout the world....I was in there with kids from Germany who couldn't speak English an would get beat for it....I hope that fake ads Hogwarts school gets shut down ..u get beat if your to happy an beat if your to sad if your to happy your to comfortable if your sad they think u wanna escape..I'll never ever forget that place
Bradley

United States

#48 Oct 19, 2013
I am one of the students wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing.......suck it up man up and follow the norms
....it depends wat kind of relationship u have with the p.o...the ppl at Glen mills are very cunning an will do anything to cover themselves up ...Tell your son to jus stick to himself don't even talk to the staff unless he has to an if something happen he Didant see nothin or hear nothing...it sucks cause I've seen kids get beat there for being in the same room as a kid who had to much money ..for seeing other kids do something an not tellin all that..u can get beat for bein at the wrong place at the wrong time...I tried to tell my p.o when she came to visit me there an the Glen mills ppl kept coming in the room even bribed me with stuff at thestudent union telling me iI better not tell my p.o wat goes on there....your best bet tell your5371 p.o or lawyer u want a courtdate for your son an u want him in a diff facility or backat his detention center trust me ..your son is playing a game everyday to not get touchedd (that's wat the staff call it when they beat u).. they beat kids bad an I was beat twice there jump by four guards in Lincoln hall ...for now tell him to follow the norms an stay to himself an keep his shirt tucked in
Bradley

United States

#49 Oct 19, 2013
JDawson wrote:
I was at glen mills from 95-99 n it was hell but im from the gridiron streets of chicago,Ill n gary,IN. so in a way by me hearing about glen mills before I went I was ready for it. I made it without being beatn badly but I was roughed up sum a few times for really no reason at all. What I am saying is everybody cant go through a commitment at that place. It shouldnt be called a school. Its some things going on there n its alot of peoples behind it. We dont know whats going on but I can say its not right. These stories I read is crazy n I know that they are true. Parents no matter what problems u are having with your son/s dont send him there. That stuff isnt made up. Yes strong minded,fearless, young angry boys like I was can make it but what about the weak young boys there...ive heard about sexual assaults,what about that? Wsup with the hiring of this staff? I would say fuŠk sum of u n burn in hell! For what u men do to those boys. They r lost n confused n aways from home. They r scared n u take advantage of them...God see what u all have done n u will be punished, so we dont need u to be sry,u need to be ready.
...you have to be a strong kid to go there an I was a real strong kid ...but a weak kid will get ate up there ..the STAFF pray on them also that places fucks with u mentally ...it's bad ppl trust me it's all true I lived it...don't let your kids stay
Bradley

United States

#50 Oct 19, 2013
Red wrote:
I have a son that was placed there this year in March. I heard stories of this beating and such, but didn't think to much into it. Besides I'm thinking like if this really does happen then it would be close by now.He had told me stories about him witnessing people being beat up by staff, my reply was don't give them a reason to do it to you. Well My son was being questioned about an item being found in there room. When my son wasn't giving them the information they wanted in other words they wanted him to snitch, they hit on him. I know this to be true because staff and his counselor informed me that there was an altercation but it has been resolved. MY boy told me that if they hit on him he won't stay, and he didn't. A month ago he fled Glen Mills. I still have no idea where he is, if he's eating, does he have shelter!! If There no hands on policy was inforced to include staff this wouldn't be happening .So parents if your son is going to be or on the verge of being sent there,fight it please, I didn't,I thought It was a great place. I went to vist I seen the fear in kids, always watching there backs etc. The one thing that was positive he got a GED. 7/30/13
every kid there has to watch his back an yes my parents said the same thing don't give them a reason don't this don't that we'll over there the guards dint need a reason they come in mad there gonna beat a kid ...the fridge in my unit Lincoln hall had a big fudge with dents all over it from them pounding kids heads on it they put kids threw walls an then fix the the next morning ...I wanted to run many times but the a.m an p.m senior counselor s live all around it an when I was there two kids from Michigan ran an they knocked on a guys door not know in it was Glen mills ppl an he pulled a gun on them an beat them an brought them back..this happend in 08...ok an your sons so-called counselor isant a real counselor he's a staff who feeds u bullshit an really beats your son if he gets into something....the STAFF talk shit about all of the parents to the kids to how much u guys call how dumb u are all that...I bet u call for your kid sometimes an they say he's at school or at a class or play in a sport....bullshit half the time your kid is right there I kid u not.....your son is prob in Philly or deep in the woods out there ...I can back up his story an more 110% I did awhile at Glen mills an he had to get away from there....find your son sue them
Bradley former student

United States

#51 Oct 19, 2013
Only good thing I got from Glen mills was my FED an that was no help to them...they don't study with u they throw a book in surface an have u do it or they beat us ads...not Steve though he will help u but then if u don't get it he will beat your ads...I've see kids necks bleed from multiple smacks to the back of the neck...kids floors bleeding
Bradley former student

United States

#52 Oct 19, 2013
Alex Spadel wrote:
I was placed in Glen Mills at the age of 15 by my probation officer for a misdemeanor marijuana charge. I attended from the end of February of 2005 until the end of May; in actuality a very short stay compared to most kids. The way the staff at this school treat the children is disgusting. For simply cutting their eyes or moving their body while talking to staff members I witnessed the beatings of many kids. At one point, I actually witnessed a child who was on crutches get violently thrown into a concrete wall for cutting his eyes while talking to a staff member. The worst incident I ever witnessed was when a child accidentally touched a staff member (I personally witnessed this, and I KNOW it was an accident). This poor kid was brutally beaten by a 300 pound staff member right in front of my eyes. They use the term "physical restraint"; I call it a savage beatdown. I stood in horror as I watched this kid get get thrown into a chalkboard multiple times, and when he fell to the ground on his hands and knees, this massive staff member (who's name is Jason Slizofski in case you wanted to know) proceeded to brutally kick this kid in the ribs with all his might. The kid was dragged from the classroom covered in blood, crying his eyes out. When I saw the kid later that night, he was dragged into the unit office to be beaten again by the team leader, Kevin Owens. I did not witness this, but I am not stupid, and the sounds were clear. He was then given an FTA (Failure To Adjust) and was promptly sent to another placement. The bottom line is that in the Glen Mills Schools, they do not "manually assist" or "physically restrain"; they simply beat the living daylights out of children for not complying or for being disrespectful. Keep in mind that not complying means accidentally twitching while talking to staff, not making complete eye contact, or from using any term deemed as slang when speaking to staff. On a much larger basis, I consistently witnessed widespread verbal abuse also. The staff that work at these schools are nothing short of disgusting animals, and I hope to God that one day the lid gets blown off in this school. The only thing this school did for me was make me realize that there are really some disgusting people in this world; massive men the size of NFL players who enjoy beating children for looking at them the wrong way.
yea there all like fuckin WWF guys ..I was a big kid though 6.1 at 17 so they use to try an mess with me cause I was on the power lifting team they wanted me to play ball I wouldn't so they beat me...u were a 90 day kid u had it good but even that is more then enough...Kevin Owens is a botch an pat is a gag his tattoos suck an if I see any of them now I'm catching wreck...Lincoln hall sucks
Bradley former student

United States

#53 Oct 19, 2013
nick marino wrote:
What was said to happen at glen mills even I was not there till fall of 2007 and stayed through to spring of 2008 I know that all of that is true and I have seen similar actions some worse where a student was thrown into the cafeteria wall multiple time and another student slammed into a desk all for minor infractions but I believe that these actions though unethical are necessary to keep the order and a firm hand is what is needed to turn around the paths of kids who are sent there I did not like glen mills when I was there and saw all the mental and physical abuse kids encounter along with the multiple times I was beat but it turned me around and the programs and services they offer are remarkable but nothing is earned for free kids who can deal with the tough times will accomplish and succeed beyond expect ions the students at glen mills are juvenile delinquents in the eyes of the public they are convicted of a crime and are sentenced to jail time but glen mills turns their time into an opportunity to grow learn and become an important member of society and they do that very well but with a stern and strong hand but it has tremendous results
guy your a clown u prob use to be one of them snitching kids I was in Glen mills when you were there an shit was crazy ...yeah they have sports but is it worth gettin your ads beat if u miss a pass if u miss a freewheeling u can't bench way they want u to bench...I played on the football team an the power lifting team an theyvpressurebu way to much an beat u....u know wat went down at that place I saw kids get thrown over pool tables...that program sucks it would be better with ppl who actually cared...Glen mills was the worst place ever clown
Former Student 03 04

Glenside, PA

#55 Nov 30, 2013
I was a student in Jefferson hall for 12 months back im 2004. Honestly I forgot all about how messed up the abuse from staff was until reading this thread. "Physical Restraints" were honestly just excuses for physocal abuse from staff. I remember an exec(romodel student) from my unit who litterally got jumped by Brian Wealthy and atleast 12 other staff because he didn't like how he was standing while he was talking to him in the rec center. Subsequently that kid was shipped out and charhed as am adult for simply trying to defend his self from a group of grown men beating on him.I remember 2 students in my unit being forced to clean the common areas while having bars of soap in there mouth just because the staff member didn't like how they were sitting during townhouse meeting. The students had blisters on there toungues from the chemical reaction. I remember a student in my unit literally getting his head kicked by a 6'8" staff member with size 18 construction boots on. Kids getting slammed through walls in the student union for not having there feet on the foot rails. Honestly when I think back that place was pretty bad. Honestly I definitely feel there were also valuable lessons and other benefactors in the program. But kids were 100% absolutely abused regularly and excessively assaulted by staff members for things that were not warranted. I definitely become desensitized to those things since I left from there many years ago. Reading this thread definitely brought back a lot of memories.
briss

Miami, FL

#56 Dec 4, 2013
Mark G wrote:
If that was My child, I would have went there and put a bullet in the head of the staff member that did that. I was a student there in 1987 and 1988 and i seen beatings as well. never to a point where there was blood, but the staff did get way too rough with the students. Parents need to pay attention.
I was at glenn mills also. A grest program just a bunch of a

hole staff, if u play them right u dont have to get tuched for att. So they call it
Willy King

Sylacauga, AL

#57 Dec 9, 2013
I was in Glen Mills in 96. I wish people would stop crying about a school that may have saved there lives. We obviously didnt know how to act, and our behavior had to be corrected. I was in Madison Hall and will forever remember my stay fondly. I learned more about life and my inner strength while there than any other time in my life. Stop blaming everyone else for your problems. If you didnt want to be disciplined then you should have acted right. I was there for three years and was never abused. Thank you so much to my counselor Rich Nicklaus for being a mentor and a friend. Shane from Sarasota Florida. GO BULLS!!!!!!!!
Willy King

Sylacauga, AL

#58 Dec 9, 2013
yOU PEOPLE CRY TO MUCH. gLEN mILLS was the best place I have ever been with a great sports program and incredible education. If you couldnt handle it you should have kept your a#s out of trouble gangsters. you people still cant take responsibility for your own actions you should look in the mirror and bring your self up in group and then scrub your kitchen floor because you still havent learned anything. they could have just sent you to prison and ive been there i promise you were better treated at Glen Mills. What did Redman say "Buck up Bart". You people are nothing but snitches on people who tried to help you.when you finally become a man you might Finally take responsibility for your own actions. William Shane Wilson Class of 97. Madison Hall . GO BULLS!!!!!!!
A brown

Strongsville, OH

#59 Dec 16, 2013
Support!!! C'mon I'm takin u to staff. There in 2002-2005 place is definitely a meat head beat down factory,but we're nobody and what can we do. Hayes hall blow me
Anthony S

United States

#60 Dec 18, 2013
I went to the mills back in 04 an was beat til i had two broken ribs an several bruises from my chest to my stomach ... did i deserve it... no but the place taught me alot an i wouldnt be me if it wasnt for.the mills
Say What

Eden Prairie, MN

#61 Jan 25, 2014
What
Say What

Eden Prairie, MN

#62 Jan 25, 2014
Yep
Say What

Eden Prairie, MN

#63 Jan 25, 2014
Where all the alarmed people ?
Former GMS STAFF

Danielson, CT

#64 Jan 27, 2014
Yes. All the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glenmoore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Basement Waterproofing (Apr '14) Jan 16 Dick Grayson 5
Cougar Sighting/Caught in Downingtown, PA (Aug '08) Dec '14 robert shultz 41
Dunkin Donuts in Morgantown (Aug '11) Dec '14 Bikerchick 20
Review: Gentle Dental - Andrew S In DDS (Oct '10) Dec '14 Jay from Philly 4
Mountain lion in Honey Brook Dec '14 onsitefj 3
Illegal alcohol sales alleged in Chesco Nov '14 Bikerchick 1
Family, school speak out after murder of 3-year... Nov '14 Tommy Carroll 1

Glenmoore News Video

Glenmoore Dating
Find my Match