lol

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Bunch of bs. All you had to do was give ol Ferinolla a nice spit shine between the knees and you where good on pizza and wings.
HELP

State College, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

My nephew was just sent there and now we are reading this and he is saying the same things are happening to him. What can be done?? Who would be able to help with this? I don't want him beat for saying anything. How can we get him moved? Any ideas?
HELP

State College, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

I don't know where to turn..Need to get him moved, some how. Where do I start? Is it safe to call his P.O. or will end up getting beat for it. I relise he is there for what he did but they should never touch him!! Has anyone ever been able to prove any of this abuse?? I don't know where to start??
JDawson

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Bull crap. I went there n I am sure some students get beatn,sum for no good reason at all.
JDawson

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Get a lawyer n get him out....if u love him take him home n take him to church,not a D home.
JDawson

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Dont send kids there.
JDawson

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

I was at glen mills from 95-99 n it was hell but im from the gridiron streets of chicago,Ill n gary,IN. so in a way by me hearing about glen mills before I went I was ready for it. I made it without being beatn badly but I was roughed up sum a few times for really no reason at all. What I am saying is everybody cant go through a commitment at that place. It shouldnt be called a school. Its some things going on there n its alot of peoples behind it. We dont know whats going on but I can say its not right. These stories I read is crazy n I know that they are true. Parents no matter what problems u are having with your son/s dont send him there. That stuff isnt made up. Yes strong minded,fearless, young angry boys like I was can make it but what about the weak young boys there...ive heard about sexual assaults,what about that? Wsup with the hiring of this staff? I would say fuŠk sum of u n burn in hell! For what u men do to those boys. They r lost n confused n aways from home. They r scared n u take advantage of them...God see what u all have done n u will be punished, so we dont need u to be sry,u need to be ready.
crap

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

JDawson wrote:
I was at glen mills from 95-99 n it was hell but im from the gridiron streets of chicago,Ill n gary,IN. so in a way by me hearing about glen mills before I went I was ready for it. I made it without being beatn badly but I was roughed up sum a few times for really no reason at all. What I am saying is everybody cant go through a commitment at that place. It shouldnt be called a school. Its some things going on there n its alot of peoples behind it. We dont know whats going on but I can say its not right. These stories I read is crazy n I know that they are true. Parents no matter what problems u are having with your son/s dont send him there. That stuff isnt made up. Yes strong minded,fearless, young angry boys like I was can make it but what about the weak young boys there...ive heard about sexual assaults,what about that? Wsup with the hiring of this staff? I would say fuŠk sum of u n burn in hell! For what u men do to those boys. They r lost n confused n aways from home. They r scared n u take advantage of them...God see what u all have done n u will be punished, so we dont need u to be sry,u need to be ready.
Lol stfu, the gridiron streets? WTF are you talking about, sounds like you came on here to pat yourself on the back. I'm from Chicago and I was a student there and I never got touched up. I'm actually happy I went because if I didn't I would've been dead or in jail I promise you that. I mean you don't get sent there as a reward you get sent there because you got in trouble. Murderers go there! I mean yea kids do get touched up and yea it's wrong but man up homie you ain't gotta amp shyt up, you sound like a lame talking like that. Who ever went there knows the truth, it's a great program. You hate it while you are there but love what you get out of it. If the staff can stop being wanna be tough azzez and do their job than it would work way better. Again yes staff does hit kids and yea it's wrong but think about it. Worst of two evils here or a max security prison like stateville where you will get raped and everything else or a place where you at least get shyt done.
anthony

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

I got sent to glen mills in 1996 and I gotta say there is a fine line between rehabilitation and getting abused.I also was a example of this first hand.Being from california and mexican didnt have any advantages.I was put in a room where another kid was also from california.I was only there 2days when wilcox was his last name decided to escape.because he was from california they thought I new about it.At that time I was in johnson hall and dave rogers was the am senior counselor or should I say wrecker...that mourning I got stood up and linebackerd through 2 double doors.lets not forget I was 14 years old and maybe 150 lbs.He was 300 plus.Iv never been beatin like that ever .this continued well into the pm where they can tag off to reggie owens pm senior wrecker..just to be beat again..my chest was brused black 8 months of my 18 month commitment.And my elbows were swollen from being thrown by my neck. Numerous times.this is inhumane in so many ways weather u robbed a bank or not.Were supposed to be bettering our youth not breaking them down.I also became a bull and finally was released from that nightmare.I had dreams of escaping from there for years.but if I got a chance Id go back and have sumthing for old reggie and dave..a lot of built up aggression that steams from those 2 individuals..
crap

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

If the school can weed out the bad staff than it will be a great place, there are good staff members there.
Gm staff are flunkies

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Jefferson hall for a year 15-16 id rather go to prison. Pos staff buy/sell drugs, admit to doing meth before work, beat kids beyond what ud imagine, etc. check aaron and his brother, drug test either 1 bet theyre methed up. Talk to former students before believing the bs brochures. They telk u if u dnt smile for the camera they restrain u, which is just their legal way of saying beat ur ass. Fuck that place and all the staff. In my unit alone 5 staff quit after a month bc they thought it was so fucked up, that should tell u something.
Gm staff are flunkies

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

winning wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea that you didn't learn shit from being there.
im doing good my dude, making 56k a year, doing what i gt do, no thanks to the mills. Wldnt be surprised if ur one of the flunkie staff i was tlking about
nacuther williams

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

I ws there from dec 95 to 98 yes they r tough on u when u get there but u do fly right in the end it save my life ty glen mill ty
East greenvile PAPa

Gilbertsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

I had cms an did 14 months there its funny to think people actually think it helped them violence mistretment neglect those are the things that got the kids there in the first place so why would they be the so called things to fix you and make you a better person shits a joke ive seen kids teeth knocked out for snoring to loud at night i cant count the number of times ive seen countless KIDS scream im calm im sorry please stop with no response from the piece of shit staff all that place does is make confused violent chdren worse fuck glenn mills only staff i ever met there that was somewhat of an ok person was jeremiah edison which is funny as fuck cause i was there for almost 2 years an theres over 2000 staff
Reading pa

Gilbertsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Fhv
East greenvile PAPa wrote:
I had cms an did 14 months there its funny to think people actually think it helped them violence mistretment neglect those are the things that got the kids there in the first place so why would they be the so called things to fix you and make you a better person shits a joke ive seen kids teeth knocked out for snoring to loud at night i cant count the number of times ive seen countless KIDS scream im calm im sorry please stop with no response from the piece of shit staff all that place does is make confused violent chdren worse fuck glenn mills only staff i ever met there that was somewhat of an ok person was jeremiah edison which is funny as fuck cause i was there for almost 2 years an theres over 2000 staff
winning

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

East greenvile PAPa wrote:
Lmao wow, looks like you never made it past the academic part of the program. What I'm saying is that the program is great, the problem is the staff.
Adcock

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

I was there 2002-2003 and pat mcshea was one of the counselors there. A big bald guy. Were u in jackson
Tay

Harleysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Glen Mills Schools helps you in of course your not gonna like it while you there because its not there for you to like it the reason why its there is to make you a better person if you want to be successful the opportunity is there if you want to be a dickhead they treat you like a dickhead I can say that because i was on both sides of the fence i got touched by staff yeah they fucked me up a couple time but it wasn't nothing that will kill you they only go above and beyond when you decide to swing back i was there 07-08 glen mills can make you anything you want to be from pro sports to successful business man but you had to want to do something because if you don't do nothing then its more of a chance to get in some dumb shit and go back in the world the same way you came in I love how glen mills changed me and i am from philly we got treated the worst but if i had the chance to work for GMS i would so if you hate glen mills it just wasn't the place for you but not to many people can say it did nothing for you at all
D R Q

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

I WAS THERE FOR ABOUT 2 YRS IM FROM MICHIGAN N YEA THE STAFF GET REAL CRAZY UP THERE FORREAL TOO ON LY GOOD THING I GOT OUT OF THOSE 2 YRS WAS GETIING MY G.E.D BUT THE STAFF WERE ASSHOLES SOME WERE OK GUYS BUT THE STAFF GAVE KIDS STERIODS ON SPORTS N EVERYTHING THAT WAS THE ONLY WAS YOURE COMMIT WOULD B OK AND U WOULDNT GET HURT IF YU PLAYED A SPORT BUT THE SUPERVISOR DAMIEN HANGEY BROKE MY LEFT ARM N DAYS LATER I WAS RELEASED MY MOTHER WANTED TO SUE BUT I JUSS WANTED TO GET IT BEHIND ME .....ITS A BAD PLACE BELIEVE ME !!!
I am one of the students

South Lyon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

State Representative wrote:
Can you provide me with other examples of abuse? If they are abusing kids...this needs to stop!
<quoted text>

I came to Glen Mills in 1992 I witnessed many of the "confrontations" that's what they are called. When you are confronted your attention needs to be at 100% if not you get wall to wall attention. I was 130lbs 5'8" 14 yrs old and beat worse than off I were at home. The tools are intimadation force and the staff. Look around at the staff they are all very large men. I was born with AMPlYOPIA which in definition is a lazy eye. So when other students say cutting your eyes ....you would get it. Yes because of my inability to focus on a staff member I had a lot of hands on confrontations. Eye contact was number one in any confrontation so a lot of times a normal conversation could go to level 10 quickly because I was disrespectin a staff member. In all actuality after the first 3 months its like every staff member knew they could confront me and kick my axx for cutting my eyes. 20 years later do I approve .......no..... there is good meaning to what was suppose to happen but a lot of times more than I could count the physical confrontations were more like beatdowns.I was amazed to see a comment about no blood......well after they kick you wjile your down or slam you into this wall to that wall to this one by the collar of your neck halfway choking you what kind of statement is no blood......that's still an axxwhoopin.
My unit was seperated from campus and we were known to have better staff than "up on the hill" There were a few staff members that if I would see them in close approximity I would take a detour to avoid. There was one particular unit that had a lot of problems and the staff were known to put it down on the kids.
The staff are especially cocky with an attitude and I do have a lazy eye but in no means is that a ticket to beat me for no direct eye. Then on top of it most the time crooked eye was mentioned as a name or when in groip or confronted the simple lookin over your shoulder you talkin to me who you looking at?
GLen Mills was the worst when it came to them having the ability and virtually no court oversite to beat you however they wanted. I am from Michigan so once sentenced to glen mills.......... I was like forgotten.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of66
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Glenmoore Discussions

Search the Glenmoore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 3 hr parsecsam 51,262
Basement Waterproofing Apr 11 Granny 1
Review: Devon Property Services LLC Apr 11 Granny 1
Review: Blence Landscape Mar '14 Katy and Phil 1
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mar '14 MaZzie 3,507
murder of young girl Feb '14 marg 1
New Facebook Group: Former Ebay Sellers Feb '14 NetNews 1
•••
•••

Glenmoore News Video

•••
•••

Glenmoore Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Glenmoore People Search