Man killed, woman hurt; possible murder-suicide try

There are 20 comments on the Jan 2, 2007, Los Angeles Times story titled Man killed, woman hurt; possible murder-suicide try. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

A man was shot to death and a woman critically wounded Tuesday in an incident being investigated as a possible murder-suicide attempt at a home in Glendora, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Fullerton, CA

#1 Jan 3, 2007
So this woman is a teacher at Glendora High School? Are the students going to be able to know what happened/who it is?
anonymous

Burbank, CA

#2 Jan 3, 2007
I believe she was a teacher at Temple City High School. Wasn't she
ANONYMOUS

La Puente, CA

#3 Jan 6, 2007
WHY DID THEY NOT MENTIONED THE HUSBAND'S LAST NAME?? WHAT A WASTE MEANING HER NOT HIM! SHE HAD A NINE YEAR OLD SON!! SUPPOSEDLY THEY ARE ITALIAN! I WOULD FILE A WRONGFUL DEATH SUIT AGAINST HIS FAMILY!! GOD BLESS HER!!
Pretz

Culver City, CA

#4 Jan 7, 2007
The woman's name was Roberta Reynolds. She taught English at Temple City High for 15 years.

Her funeral is this Thursday January 11, 1 P.M., Rose Hills in Whittier at the Memorial Chapel.

She was a wonderful person, and a relative of mine. Let us show proper respect and avoid any further inquiry into the tragic circumstances. Let us just mourn the loss of bright light, and hope that we can live up to her example.
anonymous

San Francisco, CA

#5 Jan 8, 2007
Anonymous wrote:
So this woman is a teacher at Glendora High School? Are the students going to be able to know what happened/who it is?
Roberta Reynlods was a temple city high school teacher and us as her students do know what has happened.
her happy girl

San Jacinto, CA

#6 Feb 3, 2007
I miss her dearly and wish I could have told her how much she has helped me. I will be forever grateful for knowing her as a teacher and as a friend.
anon

Pacoima, CA

#7 Feb 18, 2007
her happy girl wrote:
I miss her dearly and wish I could have told her how much she has helped me. I will be forever grateful for knowing her as a teacher and as a friend.
i know what you mean. trust me though, she knew.
krystle

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Dec 21, 2007
i love you roberta so much...
and i am so greatful that you were such a big part of my life.
you taught me so much...
i'll always miss you...until i see one day in heaven.
and mom misses you more than you can imagine... i know you are with her...
i love you
her happy girl

San Jacinto, CA

#9 Jan 28, 2008
it has been over a year since the lost, yet everyday she is in my thoughts. thank you anon,whoever you are, for your response. i still miss her, and though with time it does not seem to get easier, my memories with her make it somewhat less painfull
Wesley

San Clemente, CA

#10 Feb 6, 2008
You opened my eyes to learn when I thought I couldnt. You helped me always when I didnt believe in myself. I know you walk in heaven watching over us and still teaching us.
Annelyse

Pasadena, CA

#11 Jun 25, 2008
Mrs. Reynolds you were and still are amazing!!! You inspired me to be the person I am today and everyday I think of you and what'd you'd say if you here with us still. I will forever remember that laugh of yours and the bright silk shirts or loud clicking heals you used to wear! you brightened my everyday and made me thrive to learn. I absorbed so much in your class, you have no idea! I will miss you as a friend and also as a student! I will see you again in heaven someday.

I'm gonna "let it all hang out because life is just one big series of days!"
Veenendaal

United States

#12 Oct 22, 2008
is this the same Roberta that attended San Gabriel Christian School and Maranatha HS? Geez...I grew up with her. I just found out. If anyone knows any more information please contact me eduk8usc@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Annelyse

San Jose, CA

#13 Nov 25, 2008
It is a shame that even after almost two years, there has not been more information given or justice done for her and her family. I miss her dearly, i think of her everyday! She is forever with me and she lets me know with her little signs every once in a while! God Bless Dalton and the rest of her family! It's still upsetting to me that our friendship was cut soo short, i loved her as a teacher and as a friend!

R.I.P. Roberta Reynolds

Allstaramd@aol.com
Annelyse

San Jose, CA

#14 Nov 25, 2008
krystle wrote:
i love you roberta so much...
and i am so greatful that you were such a big part of my life.
you taught me so much...
i'll always miss you...until i see one day in heaven.
and mom misses you more than you can imagine... i know you are with her...
i love you
I'm deeply sorry for your loss! She was an amazing woman! If there is anything you and your family ever need; babysitting or anything! please let me know, I offered for Ms. Reynolds and that offer still stands!
anonymous

Granada Hills, CA

#15 Mar 23, 2009
C.We love and miss you and every day that goes by without you in it is hard and empty. What an avoidable tragedy, two lives cut short, way to short, both loved.
Life

Rowland Heights, CA

#16 Mar 23, 2009
Yep! And life goes on.

See ya on the other side!
Veronica

Rialto, CA

#17 Aug 18, 2009
I LOVED HER!!! I WAS HER SON'S GOOD FRiEND WE WiLL ALL MiSS HER, SHE WAS AWESOME!!! I SEND ALL MY LOV3 2 HER SON I HAVENT SEEN iN ALMOSt 3 YEARS.
her happy girl

San Gabriel, CA

#18 Aug 23, 2009
carpe diem...how she loved this saying...yet, she simply loved...she seemed never to judge anyone and only tried helping others. she was a loving and giving person...forever will she be remembered as so
fresca

Claremont, CA

#20 Sep 1, 2009
it makes me really happy to know i'm not the only one who was affected so much by her and still thinks about her daily. i will never forget her & how she impacted my life. i was only 14 when i was in her english class and didn't know what to do with myself and she totally put me on a path to success. I cried for days when I heard and couldn't even go to work & my mom couldn't understand why. It really affected me that much. I miss her so :(
Gina Perry

Chicago, IL

#21 Nov 2, 2009
Roberta was a friend- although I haven't seen her or talked to her since I left Temple City. This is the first I heard about this. I am devastated! She was a wonderfully bubbly person who had so much to live for and who was a joy to be around. I will miss her terribly. RIP Roberta.

Gina

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glendora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WalMart lands at bottom (Apr '14) 4 hr ReHire them 12
Glendora patch facebook going down tubes 4 hr no watering 1
Is the Glendora TOPIX dying on the vine? 4 hr hide away 2
One lie to many for Chris Jeffers 22 hr bat next 1
More crooked dealing in Glendora CA Sat exit plans 6
La Verne has a farmers market again Sat fresh vegies 1
San Dimas Festival of Art Show Sat good times 1
More from around the web

Glendora People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE