First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Up to date news

Rowland Heights, CA

#1 Jul 1, 2009
Former council members (current council members Herfert, Sanders and other city ahll employees showed up at this gathering) and supporters met on Tuesday at Cameron Park to discuss their reasons for opposing a proposal to divide the city into voting districts.

West Covina resident Herb Redholtz told about 30 people (there was only 20, a speaker was quoted as saying: he was sorry that such a small group showed up) at the meeting that they should not vote for the measure, which has qualified for a Nov. 3 ballot.

Forrest Tennant, former West Covina mayor, also spoke at the event saying he thinks West Covina is too small to have districts.(F. tennant left office under investigation for medical, drug clinics mismanagement cloud).

Former West Covina Mayor Nancy Manners spoke against the proposal.(lost touch with the residents, was voted out of office).

I am insulted because the measure assumes that our current council and the councils before them do not care about our entire city.(lies generated by the speaker).

"The point of having five councilmen is to debate issues with five different opinions. It would be boring if there were only one opinion to decide everything," he said.

Community activist Fred Sykes was present passing out flyers in support creating voting districts.

On Wednesday, he said the council is controlled by the four members who live in or near the affluent South Hills area. Only Mayor Roger Hernandez does not live near there.

"They can't stop the residents from voting on it, so they want to give it misdirection," he said.

"At least they can have someone on the council who is actually their neighbor," he said.
Tribune article

Rowland Heights, CA

#2 Jul 2, 2009
This fact correction is in response to a GATHERING of anti-districts rebble rouser's in a local park, Lark Ellen and Camaron, Tuesday even 6:30 P.M.

Your SGVTribune.com story “Former City Councilmembers Speak against dividing City into voting Districts”, has a quote attributed to the wrong person. You should be able to verify that where you have Nancy Manners you should have Kathy Howard. Just check with current City Councilmembers Herfert, Lane and Mayor Pro Tem Sanderson or maybe certain members of the McIntyre Companies.

Was this a illegal "Brown Act" violation, by have more than one Current West Covina City Council members present at a Gathering? Since they attended an joined this event as ANTI-DISTRICT City Council members.
All the News this time

Rowland Heights, CA

#3 Jul 3, 2009
This article written by friends on the SGVTribune for there old time buddies on the West Covina City Council, several legal issues were not mention as well as Three CURRENT West Covina City Councol members were present as this meeting!

A "Brown Act" violation is there ever was one!

If there are any doubts as to who was there please consider photo's were taken as well a video were taken at this live event!

Former council members and supporters met on Tuesday at Cameron Park to discuss their reasons for opposing a proposal to divide the city into voting districts.

West Covina resident Herb Redholtz told about 30 people at the meeting that they should not vote for the measure, which has qualified for a Nov. 3 ballot.

"A councilman needs to represent our entire city," Redholtz said. "With districting, you will see machine politics. We need to have all five council members accountable for the entire city."

Forrest Tennant, former West Covina mayor, also spoke at the event saying he thinks West Covina is too small to have districts.

"If anyone has a problem, they have five people to call," Tennant said. "With districts, you only have one person."

Redholtz went on to say that separating the city into districts would make it harder to get rid of councilmen.

"The point of having five councilmen is to debate issues with five different opinions. It would be boring if there were only one opinion to decide everything," he said.

Community activist Fred Sykes was present passing out fliers in support of creating voting districts.

On Wednesday, he said the council is controlled by the four members who live in or near the affluent South Hills area. Only Mayor Roger Hernandez does not live near there.

"They can't stop the residents from voting on it, so they want to give it misdirection," he said.
Dividing the city would make elected leaders more accountable, he said.

"At least they can have someone on the council who is actually their neighbor," he said
New Happenings

Rowland Heights, CA

#4 Jul 3, 2009
Looks like West Covina City Hall has thrown it's self in to a surival mode, articles that have been printed in the SGVTribune newspaper by those in Gity Hall of West Covina, California.

If you want to read about distorted truths then read and believe those articles.
Violations Abound

Rowland Heights, CA

#5 Jul 3, 2009
Why did three Current City Council members attend a ralley in a West Covina park this week? To be sure they broke a California Law stating if a majority of City Council members attend a function then they are in Violation of the "Brown Act".
Who is Mark Smith

Ontario, CA

#6 Jul 9, 2009
Could MARK SMITH be confused as to what city he lives in? GLENDORA, WEST COVINA, SAN DIMAS, MONROVIA, LA VERNE, LOS ANGELES COUNTY. What's the flavor of the day!

West Covina Council Meeting ** districting measure **

Mark SMITH, from Glendora talked in length about districting in West Covina. Councilman Mike Touhey asked SMITH if he goes by any other name or an alias? SMITH actually refused to answer and wanted to know why the councilman was asking. Touhey felt he may have used another name and tried do the same thing in Glendora (districting). Touhey suggested a name and SMITH only stated,"Thank you" for thinking he was that person.

However, he never confirmed he was in fact really Mark SMITH. Calls to a number of people in Glendora that often attend council meetings or have interest in the city were asked if they could identify a Mark SMITH from their city. The description of being grubby and dirty looking and like he could be homeless with long hair in a pony tale and close to 50 years old fit the man (Mark SMITH) who spoke at the council meeting.He also identifies himself as Mark SMITH at Glendora Council meetings.
Book Worm

Rowland Heights, CA

#8 Jul 9, 2009
DT Book Store, you really do need to get another life since you seem to be living in denial and have a reading stigma where the facts and truth don't get past your brain filter.

Must have been altered by listening and not checking th facts before your finger tips and mouth get ingaged.

Let me save you some time and money, stop reading the articles you feel offend your greater moral and ethicial selfworth!
Glendora or West Covina

Ontario, CA

#9 Jul 10, 2009
All of MIGs love is showered on West Covina.

M I N U T E S
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
WEST COVINA CITY COUNCIL
March 3, 2009

Mark Smith, Glendora resident, distributed a map of Glendora for Councilmembers, stated it was a privilege to attend and speak at West Covina Council meetings and addressed the President’s demeanor and conduct during meetings; and complimented the attributes and stores in West Covina.

M I N U T E S
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
WEST COVINA CITY COUNCIL
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS
MARK SMITH, Glendora resident, asked for support for Mayor Pro Tem Hernandez as the next West Covina Mayor

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/s...

M I N U T E S
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
WEST COVINA CITY COUNCIL
March 17, 2009

Item D-4b
Implementation of Paid Parking at the Civic Center

Councilmember Herfert spoke of a type of paid parking system that he feels will enable the consumer to use both a credit card or cash and can receive a receipt.

Motion by Herfert and seconded by Sanderson to adopt the following ordinance as recommended by staff.

Ordinance 2189 ORDINANCE No. 2189 – AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF WEST COVINA, CALIFORNIA, ESTABLISHING SECTION 22-191 OF THE WEST COVINA MUNICIPAL CODE TO PROHIBIT, RESTRICT OR REGULATE THE PARKING, STOPPING AND STANDING ON THE CIVIC CENTER PARKING OWNED OR OPERATED BY THE CITY OF WEST COVINA

Motion carried 5-0.

M I N U T E S
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
WEST COVINA CITY COUNCIL
City Council Minutes of January 20, 2009

Mark Smith, Glendora resident, addressed the recent celebration of Martin Luthern King Jr. and the election of Barak Obama as President of the United States.

M I N U T E S
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
WEST COVINA CITY COUNCIL
December 16, 2008

Mark Smith, Glendora resident, addressed the initiative petition being circulated in West Covina for council districts.
RowBoat

Rowland Heights, CA

#10 Jul 10, 2009
After this was posted a flurry of hate messages etc. have been sent a logged as to there sender's IPP address as well as computer ID.

DT Book Store, you really do need to get another life since you seem to be living in denial and have a reading stigma where the facts and truth don't get past your brain filter.

Must have been altered by listening and not checking the facts before your finger tips and mouth get ingaged.

Let me save you some time and money, stop reading the articles you feel offend your greater moral and ethicial selfworth!

Glad to see this nasty poster didn't take my advise and is till being tort in this forum.
number 2 pencils

Azusa, CA

#11 Dec 31, 2010
What does West Covina, California need with another bobble-head city council member, they already have two and with the latest edition that will make three with Touhey and Herferd pulling the strings of the other three eraser-heads.

Touhey and Herferd have been on West Covina's city council since 1990, they are the two 'fools' who got West Covina in to DEEP debt.
Georgie

Azusa, CA

#12 Jan 1, 2011
On top of which an article George Ogden wrote for the SGVExaminer, Dec. 30, 2010 - Jan. 05, 2011, page B2. This was a loaded/slanted, chopped up article contaning nothing by pure 'yellow rag' coming from the authors twisted mind and his handlers on the West Covina city council, let alone George Ogden is a Planning Commissioner for West Covina.

The Friday edition of the SGVTribune 12.31.2010 had a very interesting letter to the editor.

This letter is still not avaliable in the electronic version of the SGVTribune as of 01.01.2011..

What a sad day in the city of West Covina on Dec. 21, 2010 when our City Council decided that the residents didn't deserve to be represented by the best person who applied for the position of council member.

Instead they decided that personal friendship overruled what was in the best interest for our city. They decided they wanted someone who they could control. Even though this person never has showed up at any council meeting as long as I have been going to these meetings or addressed this council on any matter.

What a joke it was about taking applications for the position when I am quite sure they never even looked at them.

There were quite a few residents who applied for the council seat who were more qualified than the person they picked.

Councilwoman Sanderson nominated her personel friend who lives close by her, Karin Armbrust. I knew shw was going to do this because she told me a few weeks before that she was going to nominate her and didn't care what anyone thought about it.

By doing this she knew she would have two votes now on the council instead of just one. She decided her interest outweighted the best interests of the city and residents.

I was disappointed to see council members Touhey, Lane and Herfert go along with this nomination.

I have always been a supporter of Councilwoman Sanderson, but when she puts her personal interest first, and the best interest of our city second, that's when my support stops.

I would hope every West Covina resident who feels the way I do will remember this come election time in November 2011 and 2013.

Keep in mind the SGVTribune also wrote a article comparing Glendora to West Covina, with their best efforts of filling a vacant seat on their council, this just shows you what proccess is really followed by these two cities and how they CHEAT and ROB the residents of fair and honest representation on their city councils.

Both cities has candidates who were runner ups in previous election for a council seat, either is was racism or discrimination that drove Glendora and West Covina to reject the will of the people who cast their votes and chose to discriminate for their own personal greed.
George Ogden

West Covina, CA

#13 Jun 29, 2012
Georgie wrote:
On top of which an article George Ogden wrote for the SGVExaminer, Dec. 30, 2010-Jan. 05, 2011, page B2. This was a loaded/slanted, chopped up article contaning nothing by pure 'yellow rag' coming from the authors twisted mind and his handlers on the West Covina city council, let alone George Ogden is a Planning Commissioner for West Covina.
The Friday edition of the SGVTribune 12.31.2010 had a very interesting letter to the editor.
This letter is still not avaliable in the electronic version of the SGVTribune as of 01.01.2011..
What a sad day in the city of West Covina on Dec. 21, 2010 when our City Council decided that the residents didn't deserve to be represented by the best person who applied for the position of council member.
Instead they decided that personal friendship overruled what was in the best interest for our city. They decided they wanted someone who they could control. Even though this person never has showed up at any council meeting as long as I have been going to these meetings or addressed this council on any matter.
What a joke it was about taking applications for the position when I am quite sure they never even looked at them.
There were quite a few residents who applied for the council seat who were more qualified than the person they picked.
Councilwoman Sanderson nominated her personel friend who lives close by her, Karin Armbrust. I knew shw was going to do this because she told me a few weeks before that she was going to nominate her and didn't care what anyone thought about it.
By doing this she knew she would have two votes now on the council instead of just one. She decided her interest outweighted the best interests of the city and residents.
I was disappointed to see council members Touhey, Lane and Herfert go along with this nomination.
I have always been a supporter of Councilwoman Sanderson, but when she puts her personal interest first, and the best interest of our city second, that's when my support stops.
I would hope every West Covina resident who feels the way I do will remember this come election time in Nov. 2011 & 2013.
Keep in mind the SGVTribune also wrote a article comparing Glendora to West Covina, with their best efforts of filling a vacant seat on their council, this just shows you what proccess is really followed by these two cities and how they CHEAT and ROB the residents of fair and honest representation on their city councils.
Both cities has candidates who were runner ups in previous election for a council seat, either is was racism or discrimination that drove Glendora and West Covina to reject the will of the people who cast their votes and chose to discriminate for their own personal greed.
Mark Smith - 1st I'm NOT a Planning Commissioner for W. Covina. Where did you get that? Comm. Serv.and Senior Commissioner. My column and my opinions are MINE. I live in the city, pay taxes and I don't want my tax dollars abused and spent by someone I can't vote OUT of office. No taxation without representation. How simple is that?
Don't forget, it was your two friends that nominated me to the commissions. Each time, votes on the council were unanimous. They know what I offer. I put in a lot of time an effort for the people of W Covina. Roger Hernandez and Fred Sykes knew this when they nominated me. While Hernandez was still on the council, so was I. Now that Mr. Sykes is on council, I am still there for them (the city and council) and the people of W Covina. I may not always agree with them, and they know this. However, I don't "trash" them because of this. In most cases I agree with what they are doing. You seemed to shake your head in agreement on a number of occasions at the last W Covina Council meeting you attended.
I forgot Mark, what commission(s) have you served on?
Georgie Says

Azusa, CA

#15 Nov 29, 2012
My master Mike Touhey has run off and left me holding the bag.
Sued Down

Azusa, CA

#16 Nov 29, 2012
George Ogden, I bet your going to write up a real slick article in next weeks edition of the SGVExaminer, to cover up another BLUNDER by the FOUR city council reps you have on the dias aren't you?

And Gordo is leaving the Council isn't he?
Verdict

Azusa, CA

#17 Nov 30, 2012
I bet the City Attorney and City Manager for Werst Covina, California are not enjoying th eresults of the latest verdict renderd by a judge in Santa Monica on November 29, 2012.

Ols fat toughey and his gang started this, in the first place.
George Ogden

West Covina, CA

#18 Feb 1, 2013
Sued Down wrote:
George Ogden, I bet your going to write up a real slick article in next weeks edition of the SGVExaminer, to cover up another BLUNDER by the FOUR city council reps you have on the dias aren't you?
And Gordo is leaving the Council isn't he?
Mark Smith, how did you like the article? If I recall, the planning commission didn't approve of the project. As stated by me, it is "location, location, location". I liked the old bank location across the street, but that was already in the process for another project. It was have saved the developer a lot of money if it had a chance to go in there. The K-Mart RDA area with the north parking lot another, again, that died with the STATE took control and that was lost costing the city (as well as other cities in the same situation) a lot of money.
Foolish Applebees

Monrovia, CA

#19 Feb 1, 2013
George and Mike could stand to lose at least 100 lbs a piece, so boycotting applebee's will be no problem for them two. Besides their doctors could write them a perscription to do so.

It's time to show APPLEBEE'S who is in charge, boycott them all.

A Applebee’s waitress posted a photo on Reddit of a receipt from an "alleged pastor" who, instead of leaving the suggested 18 percent tip, wrote “I give God 10%, why should you get 18%.”

Now, after the bill went viral, Applebee's has fired the waitress, according.

Time to make these fools running Applebee's pay through the nose for their stupity.
George Ogden

West Covina, CA

#20 Feb 8, 2013
Foolish Applebees wrote:
George and Mike could stand to lose at least 100 lbs a piece, so boycotting applebee's will be no problem for them two. Besides their doctors could write them a perscription to do so.
It's time to show APPLEBEE'S who is in charge, boycott them all.
A Applebee’s waitress posted a photo on Reddit of a receipt from an "alleged pastor" who, instead of leaving the suggested 18 percent tip, wrote “I give God 10%, why should you get 18%.”
Now, after the bill went viral, Applebee's has fired the waitress, according.
Time to make these fools running Applebee's pay through the nose for their stupity.
Mike Smith... Well, can't dispute that 100 lbs issue, but would like to get back to 225 lbs. As for Mike. guess the 100 lbs loss would be more fitting. As for Applebee's... I do like the place, but have to "accept" their servings that they give me. Not chance to go back and get more. As for that tip issue... had to chuckle. As for donating to God... Well. I look at it this way. I take a had full of money and throw it up at him. Whatever he wants, he can take, the rest that falls back to earth is mine to keep.

Check this out Mark Smith... This is how you help the community and to say thanks to those who help others.

http://www.sgvexaminer.com/images/2013/A%20Fe...
Light out

Monrovia, CA

#21 Feb 8, 2013
People like George Ogden have sold out their cities to make a quick buck or turn the light on over there heads (only).
Sell outs

Monrovia, CA

#22 Feb 13, 2013
West Covina, California city council seat was bought by a developer who was behind Mike Touhey and the redevelopment money flowed to that developer.

'The McIntyre family, through four generations, has owned and operated office and retail development properties in Covina and West Covina for more than 60 years.'

This of course was a payback from Mike Touhey to shrivaled up McIntyre, since Mike Touhey left the city council there was no one to act as the PUPPET MASTER and make the city council bend to his will.

Lets not leave George Ogden out of this clown show either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glendora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glendora neews fresh eyes 11 hr Glendora doom 1
Is there a drug problem at Glendora High? (Sep '09) 12 hr fogger 79
Joseph Santoro sideshow clown 12 hr AnyWAYS 3
Glendora pension troubling trend 2014 14 hr rogers 1
Over turn citizen united (Jun '12) 23 hr ItS a wrap 17
Anti Bullying and Drug RED ribbon week Wed Bully Tesstical 2
GlendoraS legal mouth piece Tue HOnest 1

Glendora News Video

Glendora Dating
Find my Match