Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri in 2010?

Posted in the Glendale Forum

Comments (Page 3,921)

Showing posts 78,401 - 78,420 of92,108
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Rest in Peace, GOP”

Since: Sep 09

1854 - 2014

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is your point? We breathe air to live! We receive salvation to live eternally....... or not receive salvation and live in Hell eternally.
Arf! Arf!...
If the open air is not free, what is the price you are forced to pay for it, "Norton"?

“Rest in Peace, GOP”

1854 - 2014

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
The more you talk the nuttier you get!...
The more points I make, the less able you are to answer ANY of them. Just admit it, "Norton." You have NO answers to my questions. Like you are totally unable to answer any of the numerous questions I have asked you about your Bible.

Denial will no longer work, "Norton." You should try "acceptance" -- of the fact that you cannot answer any of the questions I have asked you.
Contraire

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Norton, can you explain to me why the geneology of Jesus in Matthew and Mark disagree?

Matthew takes the geneology of Mary through the Jeconian lineage. However, God cut off the lineage of Jeconia from the Throne of Dovid HaMelech (King David), which automatically cuts Jesus off from the Throne of David. Your NT declares that Jesus will return and sit on the Throne of David. Not according to God he won't.

Luke deliberately tried to cover up this problem by taking Jesus' geneology through Joseph's lineage. It does not work.

In Judaism, the father's lineage decides only inheritence, not bloodline. The mother's bloodline is what makes you Jewish. If your mamma ain't Jewish, you ain't Jewish.

As a christian throughout the years, I asked different pastors about this flaw. I was accused of being a backsliding doubter. Imagine that.

Judaism encourages questions and debate. That is how one learns.

There are many discrepancies in the New Testament like the one above I discussed. This problem renders the New Testament as flawed, thus invalidated. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. That is exactly what Luke tried to do--fool the readers. But I caught the hoax right away. Can you understand now why many christians in all denominations are leaving the church. People are finally researching and realizing they have been duped.

Norton, God does not care what we think or believe, but HE does care what we do. How can you, in good faith, trust the New Testament. It was written to deceive, not to save. I gave you an example of deliberate deception in Matthew and Luke.

I don't understand how anyone who truly researches the roots of a religion cannot see such religion for what it is and why it is. It appears that all christians want to do is argue. I can understand that. I used to be just like you. But your comments prove that you have never researched anything or think for yourself. You just sit back and allow others to think for you. God Forbid!

So do yourself a favor and start looking outside the box that your parents or you placed yourself in. I grew up in christianity and remained in it until I was 50 years old. I have already been there and done that. You will never find what you do not search for. God said, "In the day that you seek me with your mind, body, and soul, in that day you will fine ME."

Smiles!
Contraire

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Yellow Dog,

We have proven that politics and religion do not mix. I think we have scard all the political posters of the original thread away.

There is nothing Norton can say that I cannot rebutt. What can he tell an ex well-versed christian like myself about Jesus and the New Testament that I do not already know.

I wonder if he has figured out that we are using him for sport? He seems to be taking the bait hook and sinker.

We should be ashamed of ourselves. But he just ain't smart enough to let it go. So I guess this entertainment shall continue by us experienced debaters.

Don't you just love it when christians get so mad that they start calling us enlightened ones misled satanists. If he knew a tidbit of what he believes he knows, he would almost be a genious. lol
Concerned

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Contraire wrote:
Yellow Dog,

We have proven that politics and religion do not mix. I think we have scard all the political posters of the original thread away.

There is nothing Norton can say that I cannot rebutt. What can he tell an ex well-versed christian like myself about Jesus and the New Testament that I do not already know.

I wonder if he has figured out that we are using him for sport? He seems to be taking the bait hook and sinker.

We should be ashamed of ourselves. But he just ain't smart enough to let it go. So I guess this entertainment shall continue by us experienced debaters.

Don't you just love it when christians get so mad that they start calling us enlightened ones misled satanists. If he knew a tidbit of what he believes he knows, he would almost be a genious. lol
He might even know how to spell genius, unlike you DFS.
Black Bean Brenda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't know your math from a hole in the ground, huh? hehehehe
You need to just blow it out your as.s. You are obviously one of those internet warriors that has little to no sex life and probably has a small pecker LOL
In fact your probably some silly kid that lives in his Moms basement
the REAL Truth

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Contraire wrote:
The evidence I have seen does support the Exodus as an actual event. However, the place where the Hebrews crossed the water was not the Red Sea, but the Sea of Reeds. I need to do some more research.
And, the walls of Jericoh are still partially standing. The inner walls reveal that the city was burned, which could have been by the army of Joshua. I have also watched documentaries that explained that the 10 plagues could have very well been natural events.
But could you post some links so I can go take a look. I really enjoy archeological matters. I should have been an archeologist. Discovering ancient artifacts would be an excellent experience.
<quoted text>
Just google it...the isralites grew up out of the social upheavel that occurred at the end of the Bronze age they moved into the hill country when the great caananite city state failed.

Archaeology]A century of research by archaeologists and Egyptologists has found no evidence which can be directly related to the Exodus captivity and the escape and travels through the wilderness,[3] and most archaeologists have abandoned the archaeological investigation of Moses and the Exodus as "a fruitless pursuit".[4] A number of theories have been put forward to account for the origins of the Israelites, and despite differing details they agree on Israel's Canaanite origins.[24] The culture of the earliest Israelite settlements is Canaanite, their cult-objects are those of the Canaanite god El, the pottery remains in the local Canaanite tradition, and the alphabet used is early Canaanite, and almost the sole marker distinguishing the "Israelite" villages from Canaanite sites is an absence of pig bones, although whether even this is an ethnic marker or is due to other factors remains a matter of dispute.[25] There is archeological evidence of the Caananite Hyksos people moving into and out of northern Egypt, though the relation of their dates to the biblical account is debated by scholars.

AnachronismsSeveral details point to a 1st millennium date for the Book of Exodus: Ezion-Geber,(one of the Stations of the Exodus), for example, dates to a period between the 8th and 6th centuries BCE with possible further occupation into the 4th century BCE,[26] and those place-names on the Exodus route which have been identified - Goshen, Pithom, Succoth, Ramesses and Kadesh Barnea - point to the geography of the 1st millennium rather than the 2nd.[27] Similarly, Pharaoh's fear that the Israelites might ally themselves with foreign invaders seems unlikely in the context of the late 2nd millennium, when Canaan was part of an Egyptian empire and Egypt faced no enemies in that direction, but does make sense in a 1st millennium context, when Egypt was considerably weaker and faced invasion first from the Persians and later from Seleucid Syria.[28]

The mention of the dromedary in Exodus 9:3 also suggests a later date of composition, as domesticated camels had not been introduced to Egypt until Cambyses II's invasion in 525 BCE.[29]
the REAL Truth

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Contraire wrote:
The evidence I have seen does support the Exodus as an actual event. However, the place where the Hebrews crossed the water was not the Red Sea, but the Sea of Reeds. I need to do some more research.
And, the walls of Jericoh are still partially standing. The inner walls reveal that the city was burned, which could have been by the army of Joshua. I have also watched documentaries that explained that the 10 plagues could have very well been natural events.
But could you post some links so I can go take a look. I really enjoy archeological matters. I should have been an archeologist. Discovering ancient artifacts would be an excellent experience.
<quoted text>
No credible archeological data exisit for the Exodus...or Lemurians ...LOL

The real truth man arose in Africa...and at teh end of the last Ice age was living along the Indian Ocean in South Africa...that is the real Garden of Eden...from there we began our journey OUT OF AFRICA ...DNA tells us that...we we not the only inteligent species Neanderthal was living in Europe at the same time.

You at first sounded sane...but you are just as NUTS as Norton!

Here this disproves your bullshit on Jericho

what you need to do is READ scientific reearch papers , instead of Edgar Cacey...LOL

In the first half of the 20th century the Exodus was dated on the basis of 1 Kings 6:1, which states that the Exodus occurred 480 years before the construction of Solomon's Temple, the fourth year of Solomon's reign. Equating the biblical chronology with dates in history is notoriously difficult, but Edwin Thiele's widely accepted reconciliation of the reigns of the Israelite and Judahite kings would imply an Exodus around 1450 BCE, during the reign of Pharaoh Thutmose III (1479-1425 BCE).[36] By the mid-20th century it had become apparent that the archaeological record made this date impossible. The mummy of Thutmoses III had already been discovered in 1881,[37] and Egyptian records of that period do not mention the expulsion of any group that could be identified with over two million Hebrew slaves, nor any events which could be identified with the Biblical plagues. In addition, digs in the 1930s had failed to find traces of the simultaneous destruction of Canaanite cities c.1400 BCE—in fact many of them, including Jericho, the first Canaanite city to fall to the Israelites according to the Book of Joshua, were uninhabited at the time.
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't say anything about being baptized with water!!!!!
You know not what you are talking about.
CHEERS!
Norton,
I have given you scripture after scripture in a previous posts that SPECIFICALLY SHOWS THE EARLY CHRISTIANS WERE BAPTISED IN WATER!!! They were not sprinkled - they were TOTALLY IMMERCED IN WATER. BAPTISM IS NOT SPRINKLING!!!

I doubt seriously you even took the time to read the scriptures I've given you - because YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH!

Your knowledge of the WORD OF GOD (in the bible) is so almost non-existant it is even FRIGHTENING!

You know just enough about the bible to be DANGEROUS!

That is why I cannot understand why you come on this forum & spout a bunch of half-truths & OUTRIGHT LIES!!!

Why don't you stay off the comptuer a while & use that time diligently studying the word of God - before coming on this forum and making a FOOL OF YOURSELF AGAIN???
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting logic. But false. Nice try, "1961."
Yellow Dawg Democrat,
Can you show me in the bible where this scripture is false. This is a direct statment from Jesus Christ (himself). Are you calling Christ a liar???
The REAL Truth

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Contraire wrote:
If you really want to blow your mind, go google "The Inner Earth." The openings to the inner earth are at the north and south poles. Governments all over the world have those areas blocked of and guarded so nobody can have access.
Captain Byrd and another officer flew over one of the poles in 1926. His diary says that the plane was taken inside the earth via a retractor beam. He also said he saw unicorns and dinasaurs in a vast valley opening leading into the inner earth. It is reported that highly advanced civilizations live inside the earth. Have you ever heard of the Lemurians. It is also believed that reptilian races also live inside the earth and the greys. What we might think of as extraterrestrials might in fact be intraterrestrials. Go check it out. It is a fantastic subject. I am sure there are many secrets that the earth has yet to reveal.
It may be that intraterrestrials are keeping an eye on those of us on the surface to keep us from destroying the entire earth. Science research also reveals that the earth is not solid, and actually rings like a bell when stuck by asteroids. I believe it could be true. I have an open mind and am curious about everything.
<quoted text>
If you really wnat to blow your mind...read some REAL scientific reasearch papers...you are as BATSHITCRAZY as Norton!

Here is your link to PBS (NOVA) on the Bible and the Exodus...
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/archeolo...

You and Norton have no lives!!!!!
The REAL Truth

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
Norton,
I have given you scripture after scripture in a previous posts that SPECIFICALLY SHOWS THE EARLY CHRISTIANS WERE BAPTISED IN WATER!!! They were not sprinkled - they were TOTALLY IMMERCED IN WATER. BAPTISM IS NOT SPRINKLING!!!
I doubt seriously you even took the time to read the scriptures I've given you - because YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH!
Your knowledge of the WORD OF GOD (in the bible) is so almost non-existant it is even FRIGHTENING!
That is why I cannot understand why you come on this forum & spout a bunch of half-truths & OUTRIGHT LIES!!!
Why don't you stay off the comptuer a while & use that time diligently studying the word of God - before coming on this forum and making a FOOL OF YOURSELF AGAIN???
Well that's our Norton ...making himself a FOOL on a daily basis..he's like Old Faithful ...you can set you watch to his stupidity!!!!

ask him about the Rapture...LOL
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism in water will not save you.......period! For by one spirit we are baptized into one body.
So you can have your name on as many church rolls as you wish but unless you are in the BODY OF CHRIST you are doomed. The scripture makes it so plain.
Romans 6:3 KNOW YE NOT, THAT SO MANY OF US AS WERE BAPTIZED INTO (not a denomination or church but rather into) JESUS CHRIST WERE BAPTIZED INTO HIS DEATH.
Ephesians 4:4-5
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism.
There is not a drop of water in this verse. It is the work of the Holy Spirit. We have all been made to drink into one Spirit!
I believe in being baptized with water BUT water has nothing to do with salvation! Water is a symbolic way of saying you believe in Jesus Christ and that he died for your sins. Why was Jesus baptized? He didn't have to be!!!!!
No, don't take my word for it! Study the Bible and you will certainly find the answers that you are confused about.
CHEERS!
Norton,
I am 70 years old & I've been studing the bible all my life!!!

It is you who needs to diligently study the bible & not get your information from some tv preacher or demonational church. Yes, I realize many many people have been led astray & do not believe that water baptism is necessary for salvation - but, unless they repent of their sins & confess that Jesus in the son of God & are baptized in water - they will be lost! Yes, they will go to hell!

When you are BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST - you are BAPTIZED INTO HIS DEATH & then Christs adds you to his church.- And in order to baptized into Christ - you must be baptized in water (your whole body completely immerced in water).

And yes, God, Jesus & the Holy Spirit are all the same person. They are known as the trinity.

Don't you know the bible tells that very very very few people will be saved???

On the day of judgment, many will cry out to the Lord - "Have we not done many good works in your name, have we not prophacied in your name.- And then the Lord will say to them - depart, ye workers of iniquity...I never knew you....

You better give this some serious thought, Norton!
The REAL Truth

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
Norton,
You are completely correct about Norton...hearign the two of you argue is like a buch of nuts rattling around a box of Cracker Jacks.

The Truth about Baptism...was that is was a substitute for circumcision which was the Mark of God and a sign of being a Jew...

Paul being Greek, knew that gentile Greco-Roamn men would NEVER mutilate themselves... as in Hellenistic times the Human Body was considered PERFECT!

You and Norton should just go meet and the two of you have a good olde Christian inquisition...and see which of you is the bigger heritic?

I would pay to see that!
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Contraire wrote:
Alumini, Jesus had no authority. The New Testament is a fairytail. If it had been necessary to be baptised in order to get to Heaven, I think (IT)God would have relayed that message to Noach rather than waiting centuries later and give the command to a man called Jeshu.
We are all descendants of Noach. So by believing in the NT, you are telling the Creator of all that is seen and unseen that HE is a liar. God would not say, "I AM what I AM. I CHANGE NOT" and then turn around and create a new religion opposite of every Law that HE put into place from the beginning of time.
What you call the Old Testament is just as binding today as it was in the beginning. God Created the cosmos with the Hebrew letter bet (Bereshit=In the beginning.)
Early christians believed in reincarnation. Early christians did not accept Jeshu as the messiah or as the son of God. Jeshu never said anywhere in the NT that he was the "son of God." Those words were the beliefs of a few of his disciples. He did say, "I and the Father are One."
Every human on planet earth is One with the Father. We are a part of the collective consciousness of which the source is the "singularity" of IT (God). GOD IS ONE and we are all a part of the whole.
Belief in Yeshu as the "son of God" was deified by Constantine in 325 A.D. at the Council of Nicea.
Israel is the "son of God" like a light shining from the hill. All throughout the Torah, the Writings, and the Prophets, God referred to Israel the "son of God."
<quoted text>
Contraire,
It appears you would do well to stay off of all those websites & books ABOUT religion - and devote your time & attention to reading THE BIBLE (which is the true word of God)!

Your posts show you have very little or NO knowledge of the word of God in the Bible. If you did, you would know that all the way through the Old Testament - we are told of the coming of Jesus Christ in prophacy.

No, we are no longer under the law of Moses (in the old Testament). This is God's old covenant to man which was replaced by God's new covenant (the more perfect law) which in the New Testament.

Most of your ramblings are pretty far out - and have nothing to do with the word of God in the Bible.

Why waste your time reading about the bible - WHEN YOU SHOULD BE READING THE BIBLE ITSELF - so, you will know what you must do to be saved???
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

The REAL Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You are completely correct about Norton...hearign the two of you argue is like a buch of nuts rattling around a box of Cracker Jacks.
The Truth about Baptism...was that is was a substitute for circumcision which was the Mark of God and a sign of being a Jew...
Paul being Greek, knew that gentile Greco-Roamn men would NEVER mutilate themselves... as in Hellenistic times the Human Body was considered PERFECT!
You and Norton should just go meet and the two of you have a good olde Christian inquisition...and see which of you is the bigger heritic?
I would pay to see that!
YOU ARE NOT THE REAL TRUTH!!!
It sounds like you are stoned out on something! It's obvious you NEVER spent much time actually studing the word of God in the Bible. You will never learn what you must do to be saved by crusing the internet or reading books about the bible.

Why don't you wise, wake up and open up the word of God (in the bible) & try to gain some knowledge of what the truth really is...

“Rest in Peace, GOP”

1854 - 2014

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Contraire wrote:
Yellow Dog,
It is very clear that you have researched this subject at great length, and I will vouch that you know it far more than I. I just diddle around quoting the KJV of the Bible, to shoot Norton down. And -- yes -- sometimes I am ashamed to make such sport of him, but perhaps the "Debbil makes me do it"?

I have posed numerous Bible questions to Norton, and he has never answered any of them, primarily because he knows that, if he were to do so, it would reveal various of the flaws of the Bible, which he maintains that he believes in its entirety -- all 14 (or more) versions of it, I suppose.

Having been a ("southern") Baptist for many years, I know that I understand the "Plan of Salvation" as well as Norton. I am very surprised at the re-wording of John 3:16 in the NIV (New and Improved?) version of the Bible - which Norton uses. The "improved" verse removes the word "begotten" which casts doubt on the entire human "birth" of Jesus.

I generally do not lay this on Norton, but Jesus was, presumably, sent to earth as a human, and NOT as a "god." If Jesus WERE a god on earth, then he could not have been crucified as a perfect sinless human for OUR sins. But the Bible clearly tells us of several "miracles" which the HUMAN Jesus presumably performed.

HUMANS do not perform miracles. Only GODS do that. Thus, Jesus was a GOD while here on earth, and could not die as a sinless HUMAN for our sins.

Sorry, Norton! Jesus blew it when he performed all those parlor tricks to impress the people.

“Rest in Peace, GOP”

1854 - 2014

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
He might even know how to spell genius, unlike you DFS.
That's an ingenious comment.

“Rest in Peace, GOP”

1854 - 2014

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Black Bean Brenda wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to just blow it out your as.s. You are obviously one of those internet warriors that has little to no sex life and probably has a small pecker LOL
In fact your probably some silly kid that lives in his Moms basement
1. My "Mom" (and Dad) have been dead for decades.
2. Neither ever had a basement.
3. No sex life and a small pecker? Right on. I am almost 80. However, I am sure that you will be having sex (even if you are unaware of it) on up to 100 years of age. As long as you can just simply lie there without scaring the dogs and awakening the neighbor's children, you can continue to be an inert receptacle for old guys like me.

“Rest in Peace, GOP”

1854 - 2014

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

the REAL Truth wrote:
<quoted text>{To "Contraire"} No credible archeological data exisit for the Exodus...or Lemurians ...LOL
You at first sounded sane... but you are just as NUTS as Norton!
Here this disproves your bullshit on Jericho
what you need to do is READ scientific reearch papers , instead of Edgar Cacey ... LOL ...
<.snicker!.> Edgar Cayce! ROFL! GAME POINT!_8-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 78,401 - 78,420 of92,108
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Glendale Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Glendale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance