Neighbor's chimney smoke invasive

Full story: Pasadena Star-News

Our next-door neighbors have a wood stove that is their primary heating system. My family is the victim of their invasive smoke.
Comments
1 - 20 of 107 Comments Last updated Jan 16, 2014
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Brian in Carlsbad

Newbury Park, CA

#1 Nov 22, 2009
To 'Perplexed':

It seems to me you're trying to insert yourself into what many people see as very personal celebrations. Rather than trying to force the issue on their special days, perhaps invite them to celebrate _your_ special days with you and your husband. Also, if you want to spend time with them and acknowledge their milestones, invite them to dinner on days other than the actual celebration date.

Brian

“I'm your huckleberry! ”

Since: Jun 09

Avalon, CA

#2 Nov 22, 2009
To Puffed Out:

If you have smoke coming through your electrical outlets maybe the fire dept. needs to inspect your home. Or, you are not telling the truth...which is what I believe. There is no way that OUTSIDE smoke is coming into your house through electrical outlets seeing how all outlets are internal. Also, if you have smoke coming in through your windows and doors, CLOSE THEM! If closing them doesn't work then you need to weather strip your doors and windows. If you have attic vents, SEAL THEM DURING THE WINTER MONTHS!

Well, got to go get my fire started:-)
WILSON

AOL

#3 Dec 14, 2009
SMOKE COMES THROUGH HOUSES EVEN IF EVERYTHING IS SEALED. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

“I'm your huckleberry! ”

Avalon, CA

#4 Dec 14, 2009
WILSON wrote:
SMOKE COMES THROUGH HOUSES EVEN IF EVERYTHING IS SEALED. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT
smoke goes UP dipchit
Cicero

Fresno, CA

#6 Dec 28, 2009
Lucys_Fur_Coat wrote:
<quoted text>smoke goes UP dipchit
Smoke can be blown sideways and even downward by the wind, and if the wind prevails from one's neighbor's direction, it can be very irritating.

“I'm your huckleberry! ”

Avalon, CA

#7 Dec 29, 2009
Cicero wrote:
<quoted text>
Smoke can be blown sideways and even downward by the wind, and if the wind prevails from one's neighbor's direction, it can be very irritating.
It can also be blown up your ass just like this persons story....
Alex

San Marcos, CA

#10 Dec 31, 2009
We are invaded by our neighbors chimney smoke constantly, fall through Spring, day and night. On sunny days we are unable to sit out on our patio and enjoy our yard because the neighbors smoke is every where. There should be a law against this. People should have a right to have fresh air on their own property without having to breath in their neighbors polution. Particulate matter is a very toxic carcinagen. Since people don't show consideration on their own, we need laws to protect our health from these self-centered individuals.

San Diego, CA

#11 Jan 2, 2010
Alex wrote:
We are invaded by our neighbors chimney smoke constantly, fall through Spring, day and night. On sunny days we are unable to sit out on our patio and enjoy our yard because the neighbors smoke is every where. There should be a law against this. People should have a right to have fresh air on their own property without having to breath in their neighbors polution. Particulate matter is a very toxic carcinagen. Since people don't show consideration on their own, we need laws to protect our health from these self-centered individuals.
( i have my window open, and just took a biiig breath of my neighbors chimney smoke. mm i love that smell)

You know Alex, this is what I love about amerika(at the moment) is freedom of speech, and freedom of choice.... Just like you have the freedom of speech to get on this site and complain about.... smoke? You also have the freedom of choice, TO MOVE.

And another thing.... don't like sitting on your patio? Then don't!

If you want this so called "right to fresh air" Might I propose building a bubble around your house...

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

Chatsworth

#12 Jan 2, 2010
obamessiah wrote:
<quoted text>
( i have my window open, and just took a biiig breath of my neighbors chimney smoke. mm i love that smell)
You know Alex, this is what I love about amerika(at the moment) is freedom of speech, and freedom of choice.... Just like you have the freedom of speech to get on this site and complain about.... smoke? You also have the freedom of choice, TO MOVE.
And another thing.... don't like sitting on your patio? Then don't!
If you want this so called "right to fresh air" Might I propose building a bubble around your house...
You know absolutely nothing about personal property rights. "Move"? That's the typical liberal moronic automatic answer. Sounds like smoke is not the only smell you like.
this happens alot

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Jan 2, 2010
West Valley Dave Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You know absolutely nothing about personal property rights. "Move"? That's the typical liberal moronic automatic answer. Sounds like smoke is not the only smell you like.
Accpet the ones that dont have your view dave?
Ed Solis

Bellflower, CA

#15 Jan 3, 2010
Me Me Me.......LA has become a dumping ground of panty waisted, cripplingly sensitive, self absorbed LOSERS.

No wonder these Whiners elect nothing but Freaks to run that sad joke of a City.

Chatsworth

#16 Jan 3, 2010
obamessiah wrote:
<quoted text>
Do enlighten me......
And if your not happy with someone, or something. You have many choices sure, you can, ask the neighbor to stop, live in a bubble, OR MOVE. And of course its not the only smell i like. My fav smell is that of your mothers sweet spot
That's what happens when you don't have a valid argument. You go for the derogatory sexual comment. Very mature. This is the same as if your neighbors were constantly yelling at the top of their lungs or blasting loud music at all hours of the day. Its called the right to quiet enjoyment, idiot.

Chatsworth

#17 Jan 3, 2010
this happens alot wrote:
<quoted text>
Accpet the ones that dont have your view dave?
I refer you to my comment above.
Choke me

Lake Arrowhead, CA

#18 Jan 3, 2010
If the neighbor's woodsmoke is bothering you, get some industrial fans, mount them on the roof, and blow it back at them. See if they like it.
Randy G

Bellflower, CA

#19 Jan 3, 2010
When did LA citizens become such delicate flowers? What a bunch of losers.
Hell in Prescott

Prescott, AZ

#20 Jan 4, 2010
We have the same problem! The house 2 doors up has four chimney's and the smoke settles right on our property which is lower. You can even see it as you drive up the street to our house. We wake up congested with eyes and throats burning! We have lived here for 7 years and have never had this probelm before. There are no laws against how much you can burn here.

San Diego, CA

#22 Jan 4, 2010
Hell in Prescott wrote:
We have the same problem! The house 2 doors up has four chimney's and the smoke settles right on our property which is lower. You can even see it as you drive up the street to our house. We wake up congested with eyes and throats burning! We have lived here for 7 years and have never had this probelm before. There are no laws against how much you can burn here.
Then petition your leaders to pass some. Pass around a petition, get people to sign it. Run for city council. Do something else other then complain on the internet?

San Diego, CA

#23 Jan 4, 2010
<quoted text>
That's what happens when you don't have a valid argument. You go for the derogatory sexual comment. Very mature. This is the same as if your neighbors were constantly yelling at the top of their lungs or blasting loud music at all hours of the day. Its called the right to quiet enjoyment, idiot.
I was waiting for your argument, all you said was "Sounds like smoke is not the only smell you like."
Is that what you do when you don't have a valid argument?

Chatsworth

#24 Jan 4, 2010
obamessiah wrote:
<quoted text>
I was waiting for your argument, all you said was "Sounds like smoke is not the only smell you like."
Is that what you do when you don't have a valid argument?
I gave you a valid argument a few posts above. My last comment is all you are worth. You remind me of an old friend of mine who was always fighting with his wife. I asked him why he didn't get divorced? He told me "I like the way she fights".

San Diego, CA

#25 Jan 4, 2010
<quoted text>
I gave you a valid argument a few posts above. My last comment is all you are worth. You remind me of an old friend of mine who was always fighting with his wife. I asked him why he didn't get divorced? He told me "I like the way she fights".
"You know absolutely nothing about personal property rights."

That was your valid argument? In that case, good day

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glendale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cheap pain meds for sale contact info@klenpharm... 4 hr sponderklen88 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr lechezz 4,998
Serial Rapist Arrested In LA; 2 Victims in Chicago (Sep '07) 4 hr So scary 89
Axis Capital group - Heavy Equipment Firms Eye ... 4 hr kennethkkradley 1
Monrovia cousins convicted of murdering 16-year... (Jul '10) 6 hr choclett 349
POP prostitution sting nets six arrests in Old ... (Jun '10) 6 hr Steve Parr 125
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Samuel-6g-Jackson 18,855
•••

Glendale News Video

•••
•••

Glendale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Glendale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••