Belmont Correctional Instution becomi...

Belmont Correctional Instution becoming a den of violence

Posted in the Glencoe Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Spartan Gambit

Martins Ferry, OH

#1 Dec 12, 2008
This will be the first of many post to follow in regards to the Belmont Correctional Institutions mis-management of the inmate population and how the Administration turns a blind eye to the rising level of violence within it's walls.

As you have recently read in the headlines, an inmate at BECI was strangled to death in the Segregation unit by his the cellmate. The incident was deemed self defense and many of the officers that work at the prison agree with the verdict.

What isn't known to the public is that the inmate who was killed had previously assaulted two other inmates and was moved from one cell to another. The inmate had displayed violent, assaultive behavior and should have been placed in a single cell to prevent any further violence by the inmate.

As a result of the incompetence of the Administration staff, the inmate was not celled alone, and this display of an inept ability of judgement directly caused the death of an inmate.

The public at large should be aware of just how bad the Administration has become at BECI and also be outraged that the publics tax dollars used for the prison are not used to keep the inmate population safe, and are also not being utilized in keeping the officers and staff safe within reason.

The environment at BECI is simple.... "Keep your mouth shut", if not... "We will get even."
shop a lot jo

Stow, OH

#2 Jan 12, 2009
the inmate that was killed was my nepthew he was agood guy had 2 small children the little boy tried to clime in his daddy casket harry had a illness he was not given his meds there for he be came volent he had not received any since he was tranfered to belmont when he was on them he was normal
shop a lot jo

Stow, OH

#3 Jan 12, 2009
harry was asick man in need of meds they did not give him he was
my nepthew
j sexton

United States

#4 Jan 26, 2009
i left belmont in dec. of 07. it is a very violent manipulative place. there was all kinds of dirty stuff going on in seg.
S Mc Grew

Canfield, OH

#5 Jan 28, 2009
The violence at BECI will continue to increase, since Terry Collins, administrator of prisons, decided to ban smoking in all Ohio Prisons. This will take affect March 1, 2009. Already the assaults of inmate on inmate has increased. The safety of the staff and prison popualtion is at risk. When riots occur you can directly blame our Ohio goverment. I have e-mailed Ted Strickland several times about this and he has yet to respond. He's safe in Columbus. Pleaase let your voices be heard.
shop a lot jo

Stow, OH

#6 Feb 9, 2009
j sexton wrote:
i left belmont in dec. of 07. it is a very violent manipulative place. there was all kinds of dirty stuff going on in seg.
why would they put a imate in acell with others 3 times in stead of by him self till he was killed by the third inmate you think they wanted him dead
star

United States

#7 May 25, 2009
My fiance is in BECI right now and i am terrified about the things that I am hearing about Beci. Is there anything that we can do to protect our loved ones? Just because they have done things that got them sent to prison, doesn't mean that they are horrible people or should be treated like animals, we shouldn't have to be afraid for their lives every single day that they are locked up! I live out of state and i go to see my fiance once a month and i am always sfraid that I'm going to get a phone call saying that something has happened to him, he has been in there 7 years already and i am just ready for him to come home. If anyone has any suggestions on how to help our loved ones PLEASE tell me, i will do whatever it takes!!
Linda

AOL

#8 May 17, 2010
My son was just transferred to Belmont on Wednesday May 12, 2010. He was beaten till he was unconscious. No one came to help him not even the C.C.'s on duty. After he regain consciousness he staggered to the CO and told them he had been attacked. He was taken to the hospital for a cat scan and x-rays. Thank goodness he only suffered bruised ribs, back and a gash on his forhead. Belmont is a gladiator prison
Lord help us all

Natchitoches, LA

#9 Aug 1, 2010
Linda wrote:
My son was just transferred to Belmont on Wednesday May 12, 2010. He was beaten till he was unconscious. No one came to help him not even the C.C.'s on duty. After he regain consciousness he staggered to the CO and told them he had been attacked. He was taken to the hospital for a cat scan and x-rays. Thank goodness he only suffered bruised ribs, back and a gash on his forhead. Belmont is a gladiator prison
OMG, Ihave a friend their also,I pray for his safty every day. That is so sad now I will pray for the best for everyone.God is still in control and the truth will be told . be blessed my friend I am in louisiana.
amom

Canton, OH

#10 Aug 19, 2010
My son is there, he's in segregation right now. I called to find out why he was not eligible to recieve a food box and that's why. I was told he refuses to leave segregation, I have a great deal of concern for him there, I was concerned about him being hurt, they assured me he was ok. Christian parents we need to pray.
WWJD

West Portsmouth, OH

#11 Aug 22, 2010
camp of corruption
Courtney

Perrysburg, OH

#12 Aug 24, 2010
I just learned that my younger brother, 23, will be transfered to Belmont, who only has 3 months to serve. He is completely horrified and does not want to go. After reading the posts left on here, i can now see why.My brother made a dumb decision, and as family we tried to get him help. The legal system failed us, and here he is going to spend 3 months in a Coliseum. By no means is this correct punishment for his crime. How can they allow this to happen? Is there anyway to get him transfered?Linda has me fearful for my little brothers life.
miss lady

Natchitoches, LA

#13 Sep 7, 2010
Courtney wrote:
I just learned that my younger brother, 23, will be transfered to Belmont, who only has 3 months to serve. He is completely horrified and does not want to go. After reading the posts left on here, i can now see why.My brother made a dumb decision, and as family we tried to get him help. The legal system failed us, and here he is going to spend 3 months in a Coliseum. By no means is this correct punishment for his crime. How can they allow this to happen? Is there anyway to get him transfered?Linda has me fearful for my little brothers life.
This is so sad , this sounds like a hell hole.My friend is there they gave him the wrong meds. that is messed up. lord help us all, be blesed my friends.I live in Lousiana about 18 plus hours way.
courtney

Grand Prairie, TX

#14 Sep 7, 2010
I have learned that my brother has asked and been allowed to be in solitary confinement for the duration of his stay. How sad is it that he, a mma fighter, is so fearful for his life he would rather be confined to a small cell, on continuous lock down willingly.... all because he is scared for his life
miss lady

Natchitoches, LA

#15 Sep 7, 2010
courtney wrote:
I have learned that my brother has asked and been allowed to be in solitary confinement for the duration of his stay. How sad is it that he, a mma fighter, is so fearful for his life he would rather be confined to a small cell, on continuous lock down willingly.... all because he is scared for his life
I am wishing for the best for him,I will pray that all goes well with him.I got a card from my friend to day it is well with him. Tell your brother to use his time alone and pray, ask the lord for forgiveness .please keep in touch let me know it goes, ok? be bless my sister.
Former Correction Officer

Natchitoches, LA

#16 Sep 8, 2010
amom wrote:
My son is there, he's in segregation right now. I called to find out why he was not eligible to recieve a food box and that's why. I was told he refuses to leave segregation, I have a great deal of concern for him there, I was concerned about him being hurt, they assured me he was ok. Christian parents we need to pray.
If your son requested to be in segregation, he cahn still get his food box. The only way for him to be refused his food box is if he was segregation due to disciplinary reasons.
I survived BeCI

Stow, OH

#17 Sep 10, 2010
I was released from Belmont on Monday. If you have loved ones in Belmont write your congressman and demand a transfer for them! This place is extremely dangerous! I was lucky to survive because I refused to join a gang. I pray for the people I left behind every day!
mother H

Natchitoches, LA

#18 Sep 12, 2010
I survived BeCI wrote:
I was released from Belmont on Monday. If you have loved ones in Belmont write your congressman and demand a transfer for them! This place is extremely dangerous! I was lucky to survive because I refused to join a gang. I pray for the people I left behind every day!
I thank God that you came back alive,I am concern about my friend which is still there, they gave him the wrong med,and messed a part of his body up.Did you know of this? I live in louisiana and I never been there before.
gnh3310

Chagrin Falls, OH

#19 Sep 26, 2010
My son is doing a report on violence in prisons for college. Does anyone have any info on an attack that took place at Belmont in November - 2009 when an inmate was attacked by 13 other inmates? My son did receive some info from an article that was posted in a local newspaper, but no follow-up was ever posted.
Sheryl

Canton, OH

#20 Sep 27, 2010
Spartan Gambit wrote:
This will be the first of many post to follow in regards to the Belmont Correctional Institutions mis-management of the inmate population and how the Administration turns a blind eye to the rising level of violence within it's walls.
As you have recently read in the headlines, an inmate at BECI was strangled to death in the Segregation unit by his the cellmate. The incident was deemed self defense and many of the officers that work at the prison agree with the verdict.
What isn't known to the public is that the inmate who was killed had previously assaulted two other inmates and was moved from one cell to another. The inmate had displayed violent, assaultive behavior and should have been placed in a single cell to prevent any further violence by the inmate.
As a result of the incompetence of the Administration staff, the inmate was not celled alone, and this display of an inept ability of judgement directly caused the death of an inmate.
The public at large should be aware of just how bad the Administration has become at BECI and also be outraged that the publics tax dollars used for the prison are not used to keep the inmate population safe, and are also not being utilized in keeping the officers and staff safe within reason.
The environment at BECI is simple.... "Keep your mouth shut", if not... "We will get even."
Thank God some one knows the truth now what can be done who do we turn to not them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glencoe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike chedester Jan 12 Tony robins 2
Pete Byers dog owner Dec '16 Truthfully 1
News Energy: Solar power not producing results Dec '16 Solarman 8
Vote for Donald J. Trump Oct '16 MAGA 1
News September 14, 2016An Ohio man was jailed in a N... Sep '16 Principal1 1

Glencoe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glencoe Mortgages