McLeod County Going Smoke-Free

McLeod County Going Smoke-Free

There are 4 comments on the WCCO story from May 19, 2006, titled McLeod County Going Smoke-Free. In it, WCCO reports that:

Glencoe, Minn. The McLeod County Board has approved a smoking ban. The smoke-free workplace ordinance prohibits smoking in indoor dining areas of food and liquor establishments.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCCO.

SMKR100

Chaska, MN

#1 Sep 25, 2006
I can't believe that the board passed such an ordinace. Hennepin County passed this as well. However, establishments that were effected & were allowed to obtain rights to allow smoking in their establishments. I am a smoker & respect that fact of not smoking in a restaurant, I personally do not like the smoke from others in my face while I'm trying to eat. However, a bar is a bar - 90% of people whom go out to a bar expect smoking around.
I thought we lived in America - THE LAND OF THE FREE!!!!!
What is happening to our world!!!
Bulldog76

Rochester, MN

#2 Sep 22, 2007
SMKR100 wrote:
I can't believe that the board passed such an ordinace. Hennepin County passed this as well. However, establishments that were effected & were allowed to obtain rights to allow smoking in their establishments. I am a smoker & respect that fact of not smoking in a restaurant, I personally do not like the smoke from others in my face while I'm trying to eat. However, a bar is a bar - 90% of people whom go out to a bar expect smoking around.
We were the land of the free. Then the Dems and Repubs started taking more and more freedoms to gain more personal benefits. Support your local Constitution Party!
self

Auburn Hills, MI

#3 Oct 2, 2007
SMKR100 wrote:
This smoke free crap if for the morns this is the land of the free and right to bear arms, i beielve the us is giong in the toilet with all these politcal crap, grab a gun and protect yourself.why dont they stop the drinking in opublic and all the drunks why you ask its money to the state you dink get caught drubk driving pay finmes and yet pay for the booze , land of the free is bunch of shit!!!!!!!!!!we the people are control only by our goverment says not what the people say , yippe the the politions the freekin money stealers,\

from yes
unsatisfied us citizen
Steve

Maple Grove, MN

#4 Feb 26, 2008
All right, now come on. You argue that "we are in the land of the free"
How about my right to breathe good air. That means if I want to go out to eat or have a beer, I should be able to do so without breathing your smoke.
As far as I am concerned if you want to smoke that crap, you go right ahead and do it. But to do it indoors where others have to inhale it too is infringing on their rights.
Its a double edge sword. You feel its YOUR right to smoke, which I agree. BUT it is NOT your right to MAKE others smoke.
I feel that if your not smart enough to understand that, you should should not reproduce and continue this line of ignornant people.
Our gene pool definately needs a cleansing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glencoe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Trailblazer Transit Jan '16 Chuck66 1
power is out (Feb '15) Feb '15 alex 1
a good spelkl (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jennifer Harrison 2
Debate: Immigration - Glencoe, MN (Jun '10) Feb '13 orkin33 35
i will praise him all throgh my life for his p... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Joy 1
get your spell casted here (Dec '12) Dec '12 Stephen 2
Swat team called Biscay (Sep '12) Sep '12 niles 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glencoe Mortgages