Maple Grove police chief to lead Minn...

Maple Grove police chief to lead Minnesota public safety

There are 12 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 14, 2011, titled Maple Grove police chief to lead Minnesota public safety. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota's new top cop comes from a suburban police department - and for the first time the job will be held by a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Ms Crabtree

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 14, 2011
I am certain that Mark Dayton's choice will make sure diversity is respected at the DPS. Maple Grove is a virual United Nations, and she'll be able to bring that experience to the table.
Former MN in TX

Austin, TX

#2 Jan 14, 2011
I like this choice. I am from Maple Grove and I have had some contact with her in the past(all positive). Good job, gov.
lol

Cornell, WI

#3 Jan 14, 2011
Maple Grove Police Chief Ramona Dohman was picked today to be the new head of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety.

Thirty years ago this would have been logical. Today police and public safety are oxymorons. They are the reason for most violence in America. America the worlds police state. Police never produce justice or protect anyone except themselves.
trolls

Hugo, MN

#4 Jan 14, 2011
lol wrote:
Maple Grove Police Chief Ramona Dohman was picked today to be the new head of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety.
Thirty years ago this would have been logical. Today police and public safety are oxymorons. They are the reason for most violence in America. America the worlds police state. Police never produce justice or protect anyone except themselves.
Better tighten down that tinfoil hat!
Same old

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jan 14, 2011
Isn't it funny how in this landscape of political vitriol and confrontations, Dems and Pubs look to the same people for law enforcement positions? Could two political parties that are supposedly SO DIFFERENT appoint the same people? How is this possible? Could it be there is little difference in the political parties? Hmmm..... more one party rule.
channel 5 guy

Kansas City, MO

#6 Jan 14, 2011
She couldn't do any worse than Mike Campion and his Drug Strike Task force BS
Cheese Whiz

Hudson, WI

#7 Jan 14, 2011
Campion did well, she will do well to but I hope she keeps the same staff people.
Blue Line

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Jan 14, 2011
Congrats, Chief. Have heard good things about Chief Dohman. I'm sure she will do well in her new capacity.

@LOL From Dresser, Wisconsin:
Dude... seriously... you must have a mile-long rap sheet - coz all you do is rant about cops. Whats the matter... you got to know Bubba in jail when one of the boys in blue collared you and now you blame them?
Cheese Whiz

Hudson, WI

#9 Jan 14, 2011
Couldn't have been anything in Dresser, they only have one cop and I think he's part time. LOL is just another police paranoia case.
a recovering liberal

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Jan 14, 2011
Congrats to Chief Dohman on her appointment, she is non-political, unlike Dupnik. I think she is a good choice. Hopefully, she won't get dragged into having to take political positions over her law enforcement duties, which unfortunately happens all to often with CLEOs. Stay Code 4. As for lol in Dresser, you are known.
Observer

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Jan 15, 2011
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

http://www.examiner.com/economic-policy-in-mi...
Spellchecker

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jan 15, 2011
Mike Campion is a class act: A great cop and ethical man. I'm sorry to see him go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glencoe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Young Americans: (Apr '15) Apr 24 Injudgement 3
News Call to buckle up still not being heeded (May '10) Apr 23 Injudgement 3
Review: Trailblazer Transit (Jan '16) Jan '16 Chuck66 1
power is out (Feb '15) Feb '15 alex 1
a good spelkl (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jennifer Harrison 2
Debate: Immigration - Glencoe, MN (Jun '10) Feb '13 orkin33 35
i will praise him all throgh my life for his p... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Joy 1

Glencoe Jobs

Personal Finance

Glencoe Mortgages