Get caught in the 'Deathtrap' this weekend at YMCA 'Deathtrap' draws viewers in close EPRTC opens...

Full story: Estes Park Trail-Gazette

I f the thought of using a mace has ever popped into your brain , you'll appreciate the Estes Park Repertoire Company's production of "Deathtrap," opening this weekend at the Hempel auditorium at the YMCA of the Rockies.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Oct 26, 2013
EveryCritic

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

Any particular reason why you chose not to disclose the reason that a major character in this play was changed from a man to woman and that, in doing doing so, the play's story is changed quite drastically?(You quote from the script and forgot to edit "Clifford's" name out twice.)

I'm not from CO and happened upon this story by accident. Did your theater run out of men to cast or is your audience uncomfortable with the gay story line on which rests the main plot twist of the whole play?

I played Myra Bruhl way back in 1987 in a small town in Minnesota. The audience handled it quite nicely. There's really no need to be afraid. This is the 21st Century after all.

And no offence to Ms. Jensen, who looks to be around my own age, but a "young" writer she is not. Please have some respect for the way the play was ACTUALLY written.
Go Go Gay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

You bet. Give it to em. It is the 21 Century Fox last time I checked, but then again it is, after all, the YMCA, so they probably have to insert a bible in every character's nuance.
Mike

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

EveryCritic wrote:
Any particular reason why you chose not to disclose the reason that a major character in this play was changed from a man to woman and that, in doing doing so, the play's story is changed quite drastically?(You quote from the script and forgot to edit "Clifford's" name out twice.)
I'm not from CO and happened upon this story by accident. Did your theater run out of men to cast or is your audience uncomfortable with the gay story line on which rests the main plot twist of the whole play?
I played Myra Bruhl way back in 1987 in a small town in Minnesota. The audience handled it quite nicely. There's really no need to be afraid. This is the 21st Century after all.
And no offence to Ms. Jensen, who looks to be around my own age, but a "young" writer she is not. Please have some respect for the way the play was ACTUALLY written.
Just happened across your comment. And yes, there are always more women than men interested in productions here in Estes. CJ Jensen is the best comedian in town, and was ideal for the part. The fact that the original character was gay was not a factor; the leading man is as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Glen Haven Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Glen Haven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••