Lost and found

Full story: Estes Park Trail-Gazette

On Friday, Nov. 9, our English springer spaniel dogs, Copper and Tibby, ran away from home and did not return as they had in times past.
Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Dec 5, 2012
Thank you national park

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

For continuing to run the controlled burn in :Spruce Canyon. Eventually it will get out of control and burn all of Estes Park, but, golly gosh, you sure tried to ignore the problem the best you couldc #morons #beetle kill #brain dead
I wish you would

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Thank you national park wrote:
For continuing to run the controlled burn in :Spruce Canyon. Eventually it will get out of control and burn all of Estes Park, but, golly gosh, you sure tried to ignore the problem the best you couldc #morons #beetle kill #brain dead
get a job and contribute something to mankind
Smell that air

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Take a big breath of that fresh, clean, hack, cough, arrgh, run for your lives, air. We are on fire up here, and the national park surface is more worried about regulating campfires in the back country than doing anything to stop this fire or prevent future ones.

Truth to power #idiots #who remembers the nex mexico controlled burn that got out of control and destroyed los alimos
yAH cuz

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

no-one saw that coming.

Give me a breakfast.
well

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Smell that air wrote:
Take a big breath of that fresh, clean, hack, cough, arrgh, run for your lives, air. We are on fire up here, and the national park surface is more worried about regulating campfires in the back country than doing anything to stop this fire or prevent future ones.
Truth to power #idiots #who remembers the nex mexico controlled burn that got out of control and destroyed los alimos
One could argue that this fire is doing some good for the ecosystem. Remember that fires used to be a natural way for mainting the tree populations. Then in the last 100 or so years every fire that has ever been started gets put out. I say let forest canyon burn! There a number of benefits in my opinion. Keep it controlled along its eastern boundary. To make claims of "we are on fire up here" is a little bit of an overstatement dont you think?
Ummm no

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Too bad you are so stupid. Hope you are never put in charge of anything that requires intelligence or leadership, because you sure put your foot in your mouth.
Well

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Ummm no wrote:
Too bad you are so stupid. Hope you are never put in charge of anything that requires intelligence or leadership, because you sure put your foot in your mouth.
Too bad you have your head in the sand. You are mad because now we are threatened directly but we have been in a high risk fire situation for a long time. This is a small part of the much larger and immenant problem. Our forests have been allowed to overgrow and with no natural thinning of the herd this is what happens. Grand Lake is one lighting strike away from being completely destroyed by fire. How would park officials be able to predict in October that there would be absolutely no moisture for two months to aid in putting out the fire? We need fire to help keep our forests healthy and at a reasonble level of growth. So ya, fire SUPPRESSION is part of the cause that got us in this situation in the first place. What were the park officials supposed to do? Should they have risked fire fighters lives and millions of dollars to place them in treacherous terrain to fight a blaze that wasn't threatening any structures or people? Would you have sent your husband/wife/son/daughter into harms way to keep the fire from spreading further into forest canyon (which is where it was moving at the time)? Or would you allow nature to take it's course and hope that the fire would be suppressed naturally by snowfalls that typically fall in the early winter. Lots of armchair quarterbacking the fire tactics and I'm sure you have no idea what the facts at the time and factors were that swayed their decision. Get a clue jacka**.
Please continue to spew

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

all of your garbage to the people currently evacuated. Please stand up at the next meeting and tell them this. Again, let me reiterate, it is a good thing you are only allowed to be ignorant in seclusion, rather than having to actually be in charge of anything. Let me guess - You have declared bankruptcy at least once in your life, you currently rely on some form of government assistance, you tend to vote liberal and smoke reefer. How close am I to capturing your pathetic life?
Look guy

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

this has nothing to do with the people evacuated. My heart goes out to them and I know many personally that are affected. How about answering some of my questions? Maybe we could have an actual discussion instead you just go off on some rant stereotyping people. Let me try- You have prospered off the labor of others, paying your workers low wages and offering them no benefits to further boost your own profits while in the meantime believing that you are a noble and patriotic "job creator", you have multiple houses across the nation that waste more resources than your fair share, you tend to vote conservative and are addicted to pain killers, you collect a medicare and social security check (gov assistance) and rail on others who do the same but tend to justify it by saying that you paid in for all those years even though the ammount you get now is nowhere near what you put in. Am I close to capturing your delusional life?
Ummm no

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Not anywhere close to retirement age. Not on any medications, illicit or otherwise. Think very strongly Vonn Miller could have handled this situation better than the half-wit in charge at RMNP. Think very strongly that dullard should step down immediately, because he horribly mishandled this situation. I'm sure that California is long overdue for an earthquake, but that don't mean you should go out and shake the buildings to bring them down. Listen to what you are saying: It was about time that something like this happened. Really? At the time that hundreds of people are out of their homes, and hundreds of downtown business people are sufffering from the lead story on every Denver news station because of a fire that could have easily been put out two months ago? You clearly are not displaced from your home, and you clearly don't rely on any skills you posses to earn a living. Shut up soon. It's like you are at a funeral telling the grieving widow that human life on average only lasts 70.3 years. Shut up. You are embarasssing yourself. Shut up. Do you understand what I am begging of you? Are you autistic or just lacking any control mechanisms? Shut up.
Oh and one more thing

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Please send me the receipt for the $2,000 check you sent to the Red Cross, and the $2,000 additional you send to the U.S. Treasury above and beyond the $0 in taxes you currently pay to help decrease the deficit for the wasted millions we just spent fighting a fire that could have been put out for $100,000 two months ago. Of course, when it's not Vague Miler's money but rather our money, he can make all kinds of bad decisions and blame it on the "perfect storm". Here's another perfect storm, Vague, the perfect storm that should sweep you out to Hovenweep to run the gift shop and clean the pit toilets. I'd like my money back.
Will Shiner

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

I concurr with what the people before me said
Look guy

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Ummm no wrote:
Not anywhere close to retirement age. Not on any medications, illicit or otherwise. Think very strongly Vonn Miller could have handled this situation better than the half-wit in charge at RMNP. Think very strongly that dullard should step down immediately, because he horribly mishandled this situation. I'm sure that California is long overdue for an earthquake, but that don't mean you should go out and shake the buildings to bring them down. Listen to what you are saying: It was about time that something like this happened. Really? At the time that hundreds of people are out of their homes, and hundreds of downtown business people are sufffering from the lead story on every Denver news station because of a fire that could have easily been put out two months ago? You clearly are not displaced from your home, and you clearly don't rely on any skills you posses to earn a living. Shut up soon. It's like you are at a funeral telling the grieving widow that human life on average only lasts 70.3 years. Shut up. You are embarasssing yourself. Shut up. Do you understand what I am begging of you? Are you autistic or just lacking any control mechanisms? Shut up.
Well you seem to have missed my point and have no real intention of an actual debate. Instead you have turned to getting mad and name calling. A classic technique someone who doesnt know what they are talking about uses. Have a nice life in EP and hope Vonn Half-Baked Miller can save you from the inferno! Good luck.
You really have

Casper, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

a problem with mouth diarrhea, don't you? The cost is now over $3.2 million to fight this out of control fire. Seems like you should tape your mouth shut and start earning some dough. Or maybe you make your living with your mouth, in a dark alley for $5 or a pack of cigarettes. If you don't understand this reference, rent "Midnight Cowboy" if you have any money.
Yes

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

my mouth diarrhea has gotten so bad that Vonn Half-Baked miller has come to fly me in via heli to put out the flames. Its all part of the park suppression strategy.
Anyone who does anything

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

at the behest of Baker-Miller should not buy any LPs. Word around the campfire is that he will be gone as soon as they can fit his lumpy ass for a prison jumpsuit.
Imitation is the sinceres

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

t form of flattery and all that.

I can't believe people are posting in my hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Glen Haven Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Glen Haven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••