Lot 4 petition validated by Estes Park clerk

There are 7 comments on the Estes Park Trail-Gazette story from Jan 22, 2014, titled Lot 4 petition validated by Estes Park clerk. In it, Estes Park Trail-Gazette reports that:

A petition that includes a citizen-initiated ordinance to place a conservation easement on Lot 4 of the Stanley Historic District was validated on Wednesday afternoon by the town clerk's office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Estes Park Trail-Gazette.

How about not

Estes Park, CO

#1 Jan 22, 2014
This idea that everyone must now flood the papers with letters to the editor to sell their point is silly. We can see through it - All the various advocacy groups do is assign each of their members to write a (slightly different) letter, which the papers dutifully publish. Please don't think the population of Estes Park is stupid. Wait, I take that back. Please don't think every single person in Estes Park is an idiot. Most of the Estes Park residents are fat, drunk, and stupid, but the rest of us are high school educated and would appreciate being treated like adults. I find it funny that so many of these advocacy groups automatically assume (some of them know) that their letters will always be published. What a sad commentary on the state of Estes Park journalism, that they feel compelled to typeset anything and everything that makes it across their transept.
Jake

Ault, CO

#2 Jan 22, 2014
How about not wrote:
This idea that everyone must now flood the papers with letters to the editor to sell their point is silly. We can see through it - All the various advocacy groups do is assign each of their members to write a (slightly different) letter, which the papers dutifully publish. Please don't think the population of Estes Park is stupid. Wait, I take that back. Please don't think every single person in Estes Park is an idiot. Most of the Estes Park residents are fat, drunk, and stupid, but the rest of us are high school educated and would appreciate being treated like adults. I find it funny that so many of these advocacy groups automatically assume (some of them know) that their letters will always be published. What a sad commentary on the state of Estes Park journalism, that they feel compelled to typeset anything and everything that makes it across their transept.
Apparently there's at least one stupid person in Estes Park, as suggested by your ranting. As long as you hold your wholly than though attitude, you will never get the respect you think you deserve or be treated like an adult. You need to act like one before you have the preveledge of being called one. Grow up and until you do keep your mouth shut!
More than one dolt

Washington, DC

#3 Jan 23, 2014
if you include the {at least} 170 people who signed the petition but either weren't town residents or registered voters..........
Jake you butt-tard

Estes Park, CO

#4 Jan 24, 2014
You are so hick dumb you don't realize I'm talking about those on both sides of this issue, like Cyndy Spryngyr who writes a letter a week without fail to the papers telling everyone how we don't need open space and we are going to all die up in here without a wellness center. Are you smart enough to know when to breathe, or do you have to hire someone to tell you? Gawd you are the perfect example of why dumb people should not be allowed near computers.
Watch the strong language

United States

#5 Jan 24, 2014
Instead of Butt-Tard to describe this superdoofus, try something a little more gentle, perhaps AssSandwich or perhaps Walking Face Plant
Betty Wood

Loveland, CO

#6 Jan 25, 2014
How about not wrote:
Wow, you are really showing off the value of that HS diploma you supposedly have. Hope it didn't come from EPHS.
freddie

Estes Park, CO

#7 Jan 28, 2014
You won't notice the health center, because they built a safeway (and a complete stanley village) in front of it !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glen Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News November is national home care and hospice month Nov '14 Calvin James 1
News Inventing Estes Park (Jan '14) Jan '14 Barb Boyer Buck 1
News A thank you from Glen Haven (Nov '13) Nov '13 Leeanne 2
News The spirit of the mountains (Nov '13) Nov '13 Nice to see 1
News Flood recovery efforts on schedule to meet goal (Oct '13) Oct '13 Jill 1
News Glen Haven residents still assessing loss (Oct '13) Oct '13 No way 4
News Library and school ballot tax initiatives to be... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Dave Bryan 1
More from around the web

Glen Haven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]