Estes Park May 1 snow closures

Estes Park May 1 snow closures

There are 3 comments on the Estes Park Trail-Gazette story from May 1, 2013, titled Estes Park May 1 snow closures. In it, Estes Park Trail-Gazette reports that:

A heavy wet May 1 snow weighs down trees across the Estes Valley. The snow has caused a number of cancellations across town.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Estes Park Trail-Gazette.

Where is the power

Estes Park, CO

#1 May 1, 2013
What century is this? Should we get out candles and ask the light plant for a full refund? Fix the damn power problems pronto. There is no wind, it is not intensely cold, the roads are open, and you've had exactly no snow-related problems for the last 5 years, so it's not like your overworked. You have got 10 people answering phones with blanket reassurances and no one out doing any actual work.

Fix the problem. Now.
Here Here

Estes Park, CO

#2 May 1, 2013
It has been nearly 24 hours since the power went out in very small sections of western EP.

Everyone on the telephone has been super pleasant and reassuring, but we are now close to freezing out here, and nightfall approaches.

Our guess is, none of the L and P people are without power. If they aren't, why don't they switch places with those of us who are, and can't cook or hear anything about the weather.

I agree. Fix the problem instead of talking about fixing the problem. The snow stopped long ago, the roads were clear since this morning, but our power is still absent.
How in the hell

United States

#3 May 2, 2013
Are you able to submit these comments if you have no power?.........Have you heard of batteries or generators?.......Move to a beach in Florida if you can't live for one day without fossil fuels.....Freezing my ass, was your place somehow stripped of all coats and blankets?.......Man up or man out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glen Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Longmont 15 hr Brandi C 6
Review: the Main Event Photography Jun 18 Littlemish 1
Sprouts farmers market Jun 16 it is what it is 2
News Berthoud Police investigate apparent suicide (Jul '10) Jun 13 concerned friend 17
laura quarnberg aressted (Sep '15) May '16 jena 2
News Cemex sells Lyons cement plant, other assets to... May '16 sodastream pollutes 1
is Longmont a good place to move (Nov '10) Apr '16 Alexei 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glen Haven Mortgages