Help us design Estes Park's first parking structure

Did you know that next summer we'll have over 200 new parking spaces downtown? The town is asking you to take part in a design process for the Estes Park Visitor Center transit facility parking structure, to be constructed at 500 Big Thompson Avenue by summer of 2014. Full Story
Jake

Brighton, CO

#1 Aug 31, 2013
First of all you want us to believe that we have a say in the design of your new boondoggle. I say that because your parking lot at the fairgrounds has been a farce (except during a special event, such as The Rodeo). I defy the Town Geniuses to prove that the lot is ever more than 30% full at any time during the summer. I have driven by there at various times of the day and NEVER have I seen more than 15 cars in that lot. As for your Park and Ride stats that you no doubt have inflated, they sure as hell aren't riding from the Park and Ride lot. So with these stats in mind (not official of course) what makes you think that building a concrete bunker at the visitor center is going to be any different? And where are people with 30-40 foot monuments to their egos going to park?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glen Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Berthoud, CO (Jan '12) Sat Larry 13
Review: T V Service Center Sep 12 bill Brennan 3
Review: Affordable Dentures - Walter E Schneide... (Feb '11) Sep 11 Complete Dentures 23
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) Sep 10 We hate fort coll... 32
Jared Polis sues to stop fracking next to his W... (Jul '13) Sep 3 Jim 4
LP + Mesa = Skybeam, broadband alternative (Dec '08) Aug 30 Terry 83
Xiaomi Redmi 1S India lancio marted́; Prezzo gi... Aug 25 touxet 1
•••
•••
•••

Glen Haven Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••