Are Estes Park trustees out of touch,...

Are Estes Park trustees out of touch, or worse?

There are 3 comments on the Estes Park Trail-Gazette story from Jan 11, 2013, titled Are Estes Park trustees out of touch, or worse?. In it, Estes Park Trail-Gazette reports that:

I just returned from the Jan. 8 meeting of the EP Board of Trustees. After waiting in vain for two and a half hours to hear and participate in discussion of bear issues in Estes Park, I left.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Estes Park Trail-Gazette.

Out of touch

United States

#1 Jan 12, 2013
How are hibernating mammals a hot issue ever? Why aren't you worried about humans eating out of the trash? Go away and take your performing arts center with you.
Estes Resident

Estes Park, CO

#2 Jan 12, 2013
Regarding the bear issue. This is also a garbage and recycling issue since the Town is striving to pack the downtown region every summer weekend. The added dual recycling/trash cans were absolutely needed in 2013 in downtown. And yes, they all need to be bear proof given the failure of the Town to pass ordinances to enforce restaurants and other businesses to lock up their garbage.

As far as the Trustees are concerned, after three hours, the vote came up to spend $19,500 from a ten million dollar budget to help pay for 24 dual containers. The vote was 5 to 1 in favor. Only Eric Blackhurst voted "no" and he is the Trustee who is out of touch.

Estes Park, CO

#3 Jan 15, 2013
Give me a break. Next we will have to bow to another interest groups whims on having trash containers that hover three feet off the ground. Just because a bunch of Lezbian homewreckers love bears more than money, and are all on handouts because they don't know nutting about budgets or spending less money than they take in, we have to foot the bill for a bunch of trash containers that will cause the bears to start attacking children. The first kid killed by a bear will be the end of the bears, and the unintended (or probably intended) consequence of not giving the bears easy access to food is to have them kill all our children. BearsRNuts wants to see kids killed. Kid killers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glen Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
karl niemann free radio hour started march 28th... Oct '15 karl niemann sack 2
false pophet in the bible to thrown in the fire... Oct '15 revelation book 1
News November is national home care and hospice month (Nov '14) Nov '14 Calvin James 1
News Inventing Estes Park (Jan '14) Jan '14 Barb Boyer Buck 1
News A thank you from Glen Haven (Nov '13) Nov '13 Leeanne 2
News The spirit of the mountains (Nov '13) Nov '13 Nice to see 1
News Flood recovery efforts on schedule to meet goal (Oct '13) Oct '13 Jill 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glen Haven Mortgages