Berthoud Police investigate apparent suicide

Jul 22, 2010 Full story: Berthoud Recorder 16

Berthoud Police Chief Glen Johnson talks on the radio outside the scene of an apparent suicide.

Full Story
Cindy

El Paso, TX

#1 Jul 24, 2010
I am the aunt of the apparent suicide individual in this article. why are they keep saying apparent suicide. we don't have any news/ informtion or way to communicate with the Police Chief Glen Johnson. should we just take that my nephew did commited suicide, we need some answer to make since of all of this, he was not a bad kid , just a kid with some problem, pressure and a lot stress. If any body can help here is my email address please help
ponce4378@hotmail.com
cindy.rodriguez@us.army.mil

Thank you
Questioning

Loveland, CO

#2 Jul 28, 2010
Hmm. In March 2010, there was the following police report filed in Berthoud on Richard Vives:

"Thursday, March 18. Police contacted a woman in Berthoud Park at 1 a.m. She had injuries on her face. After investigating the incident, the officer arrested her boyfriend on charges of domestic violence, harassment and criminal mischief. Citations: Richard Vives: Harassment, Criminal Mischief, Domestic Violence."

I found it, so apparently it is a public document.
lilani newhouse

United States

#3 Jul 30, 2010
I AM WITH YOU CINDY YOU ARE RIGHT IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE. I HOPE YOU CAN GET SOME ANSWERS. FOR THE SAKE OF ALL THE LOVED ONES......WHAT THEY WROTE MAKES NO SENSE IN THIS ISSUE THAT WAS IN MARCH GUYS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT JULY
Harumph

Loveland, CO

#4 Aug 1, 2010
No one seems to be paying attention to this, which is why I'm writing. This suicide guy was arrested for domestic violence. He punched out his girlfriend, who is the wife of his kid(s). She left him. Obvious connection from this earlier event to the suicide, which is what the police are investigating. He left an awful mess in the apartment, too.
Cindy

El Paso, TX

#5 Aug 1, 2010
Mr. Harumph let me replay to you comment or better yet give the correct information.This Suicide guy his name was Richard he didn't have a kid with is current wife Jessica, but hi has 5 wonderful kids back home in El Paso, Texas yes that was a domestic violence, both him and his wife were drinking, I am not excusing him at all, I blame the alcohol involve, I love him alot but I advice her to leave , no man should hit a woman, He was attending anger manager and so his wife,My nephew had some other issue and a lot of other stress. his childhood was not a pretty one either his life wasn't easy and he could cope with some of ther pressure, unfortunaly he hide his pain very well. and we couldn't reach in on time, I hope that can clear some of this. Is funny how the press can write information with out verify first.

Cindy Rodriguez
Richard's aunt...
Cindy

El Paso, TX

#6 Aug 1, 2010
Harumph wrote:
No one seems to be paying attention to this, which is why I'm writing. This suicide guy was arrested for domestic violence. He punched out his girlfriend, who is the wife of his kid(s). She left him. Obvious connection from this earlier event to the suicide, which is what the police are investigating. He left an awful mess in the apartment, too.
and by the way , how do you know he left and AWFUL mess in the apartment..????????
Legit

Loveland, CO

#7 Aug 2, 2010
Yup, nothin' like a literate, well-thought-out response, Cindy. At least he didn't drive drunk and take others with him. That's a blessing.
Roxy

El Paso, TX

#8 Aug 31, 2010
I've known Richard since high school thats 15 years its sad that there are people that are talking down on someone who took their life we laid him to rest now let him rest. So what if his apartment was a mess. There was a reason for all this.. and for the cops to use apparent in their report raises red flags. His family wants answers point blank ... he didn't take anyones life but his own precious life... he still had many years ahead of him. We all miss and love you Richard. Cindy that was a good point how does this person know his apartment was a mess was he there? Like I said Red Flags!!!!!!!!!!
Cindy

El Paso, TX

#9 Aug 31, 2010
Thank you Roxy , thank you for you kind words to me , his family and to Richard. Yes apperently this person is a cower who do not give any answer to my question , does he has some thing to hide? Richard was a good person regarless of some of his misfortune. If you were on his visitation and funeral you will notice how many friends he has, I wish the day I died half of the people that came to paid their respect show up to mine. more than 386 people sign the visitation book. more then that hug us and kiss and cry with us. I don't understand why something like this happen, I don't understand why he end up his life, and I have to be honest I had my question. but no body seen to give me an answer,, that individual that said his apartment was mess, why don't you tell me why?
Roxy

United States

#10 Sep 10, 2010
Your welcome Cindy! I wasn't able to make it to his funeral but I heard there were alot of people, and that was because he was loved. Everybody has misfortunes, but that gives no reason for anyone to talk down on anyone that has been laid to rest. Nobody knows why things like this happen only god knows and god called on Richard.. there is a saying "THE GOOD DIE YOUNG" I believe in that. YOu will get your answers maybe not now but one day. Who ever this person that is talking about his apartment being a mess needs to man up and tell you why he quoted that.. its ingorance if you ask me. I dont care if he had domestic violence... Right now the question is why he took his life not all the nonsense these people are protraying...So on that note who ever has answers give the family peace and let them know what you know.....
lilani

Peoria, IL

#11 Sep 22, 2010
Harumph wrote:

How do you know were you there.?? honestly dont be coward and not answer you wanna add your to sense then finish what you started...
lilani

Peoria, IL

#12 Sep 22, 2010
people should not make there judgement... that makes me angry....... Richard was a good guy.. and that is that
lilani

Peoria, IL

#13 Sep 22, 2010
lilani wrote:
people should not make there judgement... that makes me angry....... Richard was a good guy.. and that is that
and if it was so serious with his domestic case why was jessica there at the funneral so to that person that wanted to throw all his info out there get your facts straight be for you want to have any thing to say
Cindy

El Paso, TX

#14 Sep 22, 2010
Thank you all you all had been very kind, is been a hard road to walk, but I know the God one day will give us peace and understanding, I miss him so much , that my heart hurts inside. we all do, we will remember him always, especially now when the holidays are coming, because no matter where Richard end up been , he always find the way back home on the holidays. his laught and his jokes always light up my days.so is going to be very hard not having him there.I know his spirts always will be with us, but I am selfish I want him here with us instead, I love him and miss him so much.
Answer your question

Denver, CO

#15 Jun 29, 2011
The reason they said "apparent" is because the Coroner is the one who is responsible for investigating the cause of death. Until the Coroner does and autopsy no one can say for sure that it was a suicide. The police have nothing to do with the autopsy aspect of it, so if you are looking for answers on his death you need to contact the coroner who did the autopsy. That is why they are saying apparent because it looks like the wounds were self inflected but until it is proven true they cannot say that it WAS a suicide. Nothing suspicious or shady about saying apparent because at the time of printing it could not be proven as a suicide until the Coroner was done with his investigation.
Chrissy

Costa Mesa, CA

#17 Jan 21, 2013
It becomes increasingly apparent through further El Paso, TX comments that no answer will be good enough, and that proper grammer or writing skills was not a priority for this family. I would be willing to bet the family wanted a pay-day by means of suing, which I would hope they didn't count on since they can't even string two sentences together coherently.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glen Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: T V Service Center Oct 12 bill Brennan 4
Boulder researcher: 2013's flood-triggering rai... Oct 1 Boulder Jeep Fan 1
Review: Affordable Dentures - Walter E Schneide... (Feb '11) Sep 30 Lee 25
Debate: Gay Marriage - Berthoud, CO (Jan '12) Sep 23 Brian_G 25
Learn to be a ham radio operator (Nov '13) Sep '14 HAM 12345 2
Jared Polis sues to stop fracking next to his W... (Jul '13) Sep '14 Jim 4
LP + Mesa = Skybeam, broadband alternative (Dec '08) Aug '14 Terry 83
Glen Haven Dating
Find my Match

Glen Haven Jobs