Proposed Anschutz Wellness Center in ...

Proposed Anschutz Wellness Center in Estes Park in line with Gov. Hickenlooper's vision for Colorado

There are 8 comments on the Estes Park Trail-Gazette story from Dec 30, 2013, titled Proposed Anschutz Wellness Center in Estes Park in line with Gov. Hickenlooper's vision for Colorado. In it, Estes Park Trail-Gazette reports that:

He wants the state to become known not just as a healthy state with lots of great outdoor recreational opportunities, but as the healthiest state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Estes Park Trail-Gazette.

Mike Wilson

Fort Lupton, CO

#1 Dec 30, 2013
It sounds like the owner of the Stanley and other's are attempting to force through this "Wellness" idea here in Estes. The community is not interested in giving up Lot 4 for this and have already made their wishes known. Is this going to keep up until the community gives in. The Stanley is in it only for The Stanley and money it can make under the pretense of "Wellness".
If we want "Wellness" why is The Stanley included at all. The "Wellness" could be promoted elsewhere in the community with Estes Park Medical Center and Anschutz if the "Wellness" idea is truly altruistic, bringing wellness and jobs to Estes..
Andrea von Kaenel

Louisville, CO

#2 Dec 30, 2013
Mr. Wilson hit the nail on the head. The Stanley management is not known locally for its philanthropy.... The Estes community is certainly not opposed to a wellness center here in Estes. However, we ARE opposed to the sale and use of Lot #4 for ANY development. Period. There are various other less congested and more appropriate areas where such a center might be located.

Berthoud, CO

#3 Dec 30, 2013
And Andrea von Kaenel hit the nail on the head. As far as The Governor being here for Christmas tidings, it seems as though it was a cloak and dagger scheme to promote his interest in a wellness center for Colorado. How do you suppose he and John Cullen just happened to me up and discuss the subject? Well, it's my understanding that Friends of Lot 4 got enough signatures on their petition to keep lot 4 as open space to put it to public vote. Finally some common sense is present.. If the vote is"NO", would the issue go before the voters again to decide whether Lot 4 can be sold or not? The plot thickens!

United States

#4 Dec 30, 2013
Wow. These supporters of the Wellness Center really have the connections, don't they? I am sure there are better ways to make Colorado the healthiest state and that would have very little to do with wellness centers. We could start by encouraging healthy eating for those walking up and down Elkhorn Avenue.
Estes Park

Estes Park, CO

#5 Jan 1, 2014
The "wellness center" is a biggest looser fat camp for rich people. The hospital is not forth coming about any real details of this business proposal. Maybe because they don't actually have a cohesive plan. How about some doctors that will actually see new patients?
Annie Mowse

Denton, TX

#6 Jan 4, 2014
The hospital is grasping at straws once again. All of the above posts ring true.
If Gov Hickthelooper

Estes Park, CO

#7 Jan 5, 2014
has a vision of stealing money from fat people.

This would fit exactly with his vision for Colorado.

He needs some revisioning.

Estes Park needs to chase all the pro-fat dopes from town pronto.
Concerned resident

Aurora, CO

#9 Feb 8, 2014
I agree with all the above comments but I also have a problem with the municipal election. It should be EASY for all eligible voters to cast their ballot. The choice to hold a required poll election on this issue is clearly designed to suppress votes. It is specifically directed toward the elderly population that will be prone to vote against the sale of Lot 4. The extra time and effort to complete and submit an absentee application, wait to receive the absentee ballot, then complete and submit it - is NOT an easy process. And there are many elderly voters who will not be physically capable of making the trip to Town Hall to cast their vote in person. This strategy planned by the Town Board, Town Clerk and EP "elites" in favor of the sale is very troubling and should be brought to the attention of the Colorado Attorney General. This is just not right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glen Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
karl niemann was dana wilkes raceing partner in... 3 hr joshua wilkes mar... 1
karl niemann and joshua wilkes march april 2014... Tue SHERIFF KARL NIEMANN 1
karl niemann and joshua wilkes opening fbi col... Tue SHERIFF KARL NIEMANN 1
karl niemann and joshua wilkes running for colo... Tue SHERIFF KARL NIEMANN 1
ahckpella Tue sawwoouunnda 1
laura quarnberg aressted Sep 27 Parent Group 1
News November is national home care and hospice month (Nov '14) Nov '14 Calvin James 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glen Haven Mortgages