Flooding in Estes Park

Full story: Fox 31 KDVR

Crews are working on sandbagging the area around the Big Thompson River after there was an overflow on its banks Saturday.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jun 14, 2010
BIG MOUTH

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Don't mess with Spring Run Off.... there will never be another BIG THOMPSON FLOOD...lame story
Elbert

Kiowa, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Probably not many on this site remember or even aware of, or alive during the South Platte flood June of 1965.

On top of major spring runoff, June 12, 13, and 14 Colorado Springs, Ft Collins, Denver received an unofficial 12 inches of rain, yes all the major tributaries into the front range.

Roads, bridges, railroads, and business were washed away and the front range was closed for weeks. Being 10 years old I remember all television (yes B&W) were off the air, the 2 stations gone. We had to listen to progress reports on a transistor radio with no power, which is all everyone had to do.

Living in Aurora (old town now-Mayberry RFD then) we were high enough and far enough from the Platte to escape damages, but not those from Castle Rock to Ft Collins along the Platte Valley.

Yes, it does flood at times in Denver, and Ft Collins, but those writing headline stories about precautionary sand bagging certainty werenít around during this, or the Big Thompson events.

If you are interested in Pics of this flood- google: Denver Platte flood, then you'll say it must be a slow news day...
RadioUranus

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Fire, flood, and a summer-long plague of tourists!

It's God's judgement on Neo-Feudalistic Nitwitism!
Charley Dickey

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

The Town has done a terrific job of informing the citizens and visitors of the runoff situation. It is not unusual to see the area in the Post Office parking lot flood but with the high temperatures they are taking all the proper precautionary steps. The river is roaring and quite a site to see!
Mkl

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

It says you are from Longmont. What "tourist" would ever visti Longmont. I think most them do not even know it exists.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Glen Haven Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Glen Haven Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••