Estes trustees approve Lot 4 contract

Full story: Estes Park Trail-Gazette

The Estes Park Town Board approved on Monday night a contract for the sale of land near the Stanley Hotel.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jan 8, 2014
Tom Hannah

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

Now all we need is the contrasting Lot 4 Open Space Citizen to Citizen Initiative to be placed on ballot.
A pleasure to see the residents within the town limits empowered.And of good confuting nature toward each other.

Tom Hannah
Has Anybody

Loveland, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

noticed that the subject of the citizens initiative of keeping lot 4 as open space and placing this on the April ballot is always dumped at the end of any article? Why can't the EP Trail do fair and subjective reporting and give both sides equal opportunity to present their case? Another example of biased reporting. And John Cullen stated "he would either build the project himself or keep lot 4 as open space." HMMMMM!
Hey Hannah

Loveland, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

Tom Hannah wrote:
Now all we need is the contrasting Lot 4 Open Space Citizen to Citizen Initiative to be placed on ballot.
A pleasure to see the residents within the town limits empowered.And of good confuting nature toward each other.
Tom Hannah
Do you attempt to use big words like "confuting" to try to sound more intelligent that you are, or to impress?
Confuting itself is not a word at all, confute, and confuter, are real words. Confute is a verb, defined as, "prove to be false", So you are saying that there was a "good proven to be false nature", you should understand what the words actually mean before using them in a statement.
Adam Shake

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

I am appreciative of the opportunity to be able to vote on this issue and would encourage others, either for or against the sale of lot four, to do the same.
You want us to vote

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

for or against the issue? How does that help your agenda, if we straddle it? Don't you want us to come out on one side or the other?

What if we turned this into a vote on whether or not Adam Shake should be chased out of town after the election, whether or not it passes, or whether or not people vote for or against the issue?

I vote to ask Adam Shake politely, even before the vote, to choose somewhere else to live. Then, if he or she won't go quietly, I vote to ask Adam Shake to go or not go more forcefully.
Hey Longmont

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Hello Longmont,

Confuting is in dictionary. So, I am confused about your comments.
As far as debate over Lot 4, I see most residents with opposing ideas remaining tactful.They are of a good neighborly nature,and seeking out higher opinion instead of lapsing into conceit .
Perhaps you should research your opinion before exhorting them.If the words are to "big",look them up.In the meantime I see many people educating themselves ,and will vote in April with intellect and reason.

Tom Hannah

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Glen Haven Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Glen Haven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••