First Prev
of 3
Next Last
joann

Beckley, WV

#1 Mar 16, 2011
I just moved here not long ago and went to ricks today for the first time, I am wondering, am I supposed to tip the guys that put the groceries in your car for you? If so what is an acceptable tip?
WVU

Beckley, WV

#2 Mar 16, 2011
No they dont get tipped to my knowledge
mich

United States

#3 Mar 16, 2011
I think its a personal preference. Most don't but I am sure it would be appreciated if you choose to do so.
hard to beleive

Beckley, WV

#4 Mar 16, 2011
yes mamn i always tip those young men 2 or 3 dollars , they r so nice and its worth it just think if u went to kroger or walmart or any other store u would have to carry all those groceries to the car yourself Ricks is the only store we get that added service so come on people start tipping those boysand to Joann welcome to WV
weekly shopper

Cyclone, WV

#5 Mar 16, 2011
I like to tip those boys....They work hard...In all kinds of weather...They deserve a little something...I stop by at least once a week...Glad Ricks is on the way home from work...
hmmm

Oak Hill, WV

#6 Mar 16, 2011
I went to tip one of the boys one day and he told me they're weren't allowed to accept tips. Wonder why he would tell me that. I think it is great the way they hussle up front to carry our bags out. I will try again, they deserve a tip....now if we could just bring back the gas stations that fill our tanks up, check oil, air, and clean the windsheild....NO, I'm not lazy, just enjoy then attention...lol
local girl

Mount Hope, WV

#7 Mar 31, 2011
The boys at Rick's are great and I always tip whoever takes my groceries out to my car. Usually 2 or 3 dollars. It's a nice service they provide and I appreciate not having to bag my own groceries and carry them out. Also, the ladies that work there are super nice as well. Always friendly and very helpful. We need more businesses like Rick's in this area. All the big chains are putting these locally owned businesses out of business and I for one am happy that Rick's is still going strong!
tiff

Tarboro, NC

#8 Apr 1, 2011
local girl wrote:
The boys at Rick's are great and I always tip whoever takes my groceries out to my car. Usually 2 or 3 dollars. It's a nice service they provide and I appreciate not having to bag my own groceries and carry them out. Also, the ladies that work there are super nice as well. Always friendly and very helpful. We need more businesses like Rick's in this area. All the big chains are putting these locally owned businesses out of business and I for one am happy that Rick's is still going strong!
yes i usually tip them $10 cause i buy lots of groceries and they get to where they know what ur driving when they get use to seeing ur face, i love it here they have everything n freindy too
patron

Beckley, WV

#9 Apr 1, 2011
tiff wrote:
<quoted text>yes i usually tip them $10 cause i buy lots of groceries and they get to where they know what ur driving when they get use to seeing ur face, i love it here they have everything n freindy too
I too was told also that they are not allowed to accepts tips........and tiff I think you are a liar.
1 post removed
DLB

Fayetteville, WV

#11 Apr 2, 2011
I always tip, the amount depends on the amount of groceries. I hate Wal Mart, Kroger, etc. because they ARE crushing small, locally owned businesses.
Fearless Freddie

Rocky Mount, NC

#12 Apr 2, 2011
I always tip the boys....They are allowed to take it.....They owner just doesnt want to know about it....Just think they work for minimum wage and most of them are in hs or are young trying to make a living....IT is just nice to do something for a change...Image if that was you and you were in there shoes...They work in all types of weather and everything and are nice people.....TIP THOSE GUYS>>>>>> >
faithful customer

Beckley, WV

#13 May 5, 2011
those young guys are great! i gave one young man 5 dollars and he even offered me change! They call him Frank. He is so nice and friendly. he goes to school,works at ricks and plays in the band. busy fellow. I am told that he plays several instruments in the band. those young men appreciate those tips. and they are not out getting into trouble.
such a good place to shop

Oak Hill, WV

#14 May 6, 2011
hard to beleive wrote:
yes mamn i always tip those young men 2 or 3 dollars , they r so nice and its worth it just think if u went to kroger or walmart or any other store u would have to carry all those groceries to the car yourself Ricks is the only store we get that added service so come on people start tipping those boysand to Joann welcome to WV
my son worked at Ricks, he made great tips, so , yes, tips are allowed and very appreciated.:D
DbK

Clearwater, FL

#15 Jun 30, 2012
joann wrote:
I just moved here not long ago and went to ricks today for the first time, I am wondering, am I supposed to tip the guys that put the groceries in your car for you? If so what is an acceptable tip?
No it is called WV hospitality.
STW

Charleston, WV

#16 Jul 23, 2012
Good service equals a good tip!!

Since: Aug 15

Beckley, WV

#17 Aug 27, 2015
My brother works there now not sure he did when this post was wrote but ya they can accept tips that's actually how they make most of there money
rights

Beckley, WV

#18 Aug 31, 2015
Haileydillon28 wrote:
My brother works there now not sure he did when this post was wrote but ya they can accept tips that's actually how they make most of there money
And that's a dam shame considering how much food costs there and millionares own the store.
Wtf

Mount Hope, WV

#19 Aug 31, 2015
rights wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's a dam shame considering how much food costs there and millionares own the store.
Food cost a little more there because Rick's is not a huge chain so he has to pay more than places like Kroger or Walmart. And if he is a millionaire it is because he worked his ass off! He didn't lay around and complain and take handouts from the government! He actually worked hard to earn every dime he has.and how many grocery stores do you know that still have bag boys that take your groceries to your car and load them for you? Grow up and have your pity party somewhere else!
Stafford

Beckley, WV

#20 Aug 31, 2015
rights wrote:
<quoted text>
My boyfriend worked there too and the carry out boys get paid more than Walmart pays for stocking. Walmart owners are zillionaires and make Ricks look like poor people, so get over your jealousy. Rick's allows tipping, I know that for a fact, and considering no other store bags and carries your groceries out, only a very jealous person would have a problem. I have always price compared Walmart and Food Lion with Ricks and found Rick's prices to be much lower most of the time. When I read your comment, I have to agree with the one that was laughing earlier, LOL, because the jealousy is so much more obvious than your desperation. Not many stores even have carry out boys anymore so maybe that is why is one of the reasons Rick's are millionaires as you claim, paying for little extras other stores don't want to pay for. Job protection for my boyfriend.
working man

Beckley, WV

#21 Aug 31, 2015
Wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Food cost a little more there because Rick's is not a huge chain so he has to pay more than places like Kroger or Walmart. And if he is a millionaire it is because he worked his ass off! He didn't lay around and complain and take handouts from the government! He actually worked hard to earn every dime he has.and how many grocery stores do you know that still have bag boys that take your groceries to your car and load them for you? Grow up and have your pity party somewhere else!
I totally agree with you. Anyone with a brain can see that it was more of a jealousy party than a pity party. How obvious. Some people are so jealous they can realize how easy it is for others to see. If those people are millionaires, they earned it with a good DECENT business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glen Daniel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Not Fair 6 hr Sandman 18
Thoughts 8 hr Paul Masley 34
Lookin for a guy (May '16) Jan 13 Greeneyed 3
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Jan 11 R Scott Mick 3,983
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) Jan 11 Super Homo 1,768
"Pastor refuses families plea for help" (Mar '14) Jan 3 Local guy 13
Thoughts Dec 31 Tina 6

Glen Daniel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glen Daniel Mortgages