caring about how im treated where i s...

caring about how im treated where i spend my money

Posted in the Glen Daniel Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sad to care

Beckley, WV

#1 Oct 18, 2012
everyone talks about the pill heads and all in glen daniel yea i agree your afraid to send your kids to schoool afraid of what they may do and be around but what about the businesses in our area ricks especially it used to be a good store always busy now only time its "busy" is wellfare check time. when kathy/norma/ect were there the atmosphere was friendly inviting they always said hello and talked to you and if they knew you asked about people in your family and never stop checking you out and talking to the cashier over or flirting like mad with carry out boys must be alot of may decembers goin on within those walls you dont get even get a how are you doing today hell you dont even get checked out without them stopin to talk to someone else for five minutes god forbid someone walks in the store they know i used to go to ricks always solely to give them the business now i go out of my way and spend more gas to go to walmart . there was an elderly lady in there today asked a boy 3 times to help her and and he finally turned to her in a huff obvisious he wanted her to know she was annoying him he did help her yet unwillingly. its mine and your money paying the paychecks not rick i think we deserve a clean store and friendly caring people to take our money..........so disappointing it doesnt have to be... robin/ rick/ barry care about who you hire we do pay attention and care... id like to be able to leave that store with a smile on my face again instead of a headache when i know im goin and worse when i leave ......take care everyone
u no nothing

Beckley, WV

#2 Oct 18, 2012
You don't know what you are talking about. What's the matter, did they catch you shoplifting and tell you to stay out? Rick ain't even there no more, the store is cleaner than it ever has been and young boys are always walking aroudn with a bad attitude these days. You sound like you have a personal problem to me, or have it in for someone who works there. Ricks has done three times the business over the past few years than it ever has. If it has gotten so damn bad, why is it doing so much more business than previously. I work there, I know. I overheard that it made twice what it did five years ago. If it has went downhill why is it making more money than ever. You are wanting to stir trouble and probably stir trouble a lot.
trouble maker

Beckley, WV

#3 Oct 18, 2012
Do they carry your grocerys out at Walmart? Do they cash your paycheck at Walmart? Do they even give you the time of day at Walmart? Do you realize how most intelligent people feel about Walmart? Your type is just a whiner with a personal problem, wanting to make trouble because you are either a jealous sole or have a huge chip on your shoulder. I work at Ricks, and they are doing more than twice the business they previously did. I know for a fact that the owners always scold the employees when they catch one of them not greeting the customers with a smile. Maybe the reason you see so many people there on social securtity check day is because most young people have left the area because of trouble makers like YOU. If you feel Robin or Barry are not doing their jobs, then complain and let management or the owners know it. Don't get on here like some little retarded child and be a coward about it. If you really care so much then do the grown up thing and complain about Barry or Robin to the managers. As far as cleanliness, I notice so much more painting and sprucing up lately and I notice how clean the floors stay all the time. You have a childish personal problem with someone at that store. Everyone I know loves the family that owns it and appreciates the small town personal service like carry out boys and check cashing. Rick is hardly ever in the store at all anymore, but if you got a problem with how Robin or Barry do their job, tells the manager. Don't get on here and trash a wonderful business that does great. Considering the fact that business seems to have doubled over the past few years, I fail to see a big problem myself. Also, what does a "May-December" relationship in any business have to do with how well they sell grocerys. May December relationship go on in all businesses, not just Ricks. Why did you even need to mention that? It tells everyone you are just a troublemaking pos with no life and are a very jealous spiteful person to even mention something that petty.
fine people

Beckley, WV

#4 Oct 18, 2012
The whole Jarrell family are fine people and run a respectable, honorable, decent business. They are and always have been the most respected people in Glen Daniel. Any person who would support Walmart over supporting a community business has either gotten the boot at Ricks for causing trouble or been fired for stealing. There are no more respected people in Glen Daniel than the Jarrells. The floors and shelves are cleaner in that store than any other store around. Take your childish jealousy some where else. They do a fine job considering some of the people they have to deal with. No where else has carry out boys, so go ahead and support walmat. Walmart is scorned by anyone with any backbone or character because it destroys communities. Walmart sells alcohol and rolling papers for the druggys. Walmart don't care about anyone, not even their employees. I cringe when I have to go in Walmart because all you smell is beer breath and body odor. I shop at Ricks and have for over thrity years. Sorry they caught you causing trouble and you can't shop there anymore.
Everyone

Beckley, WV

#5 Oct 18, 2012
sad to care wrote:
everyone talks about the pill heads and all in glen daniel yea i agree your afraid to send your kids to schoool afraid of what they may do and be around but what about the businesses in our area ricks especially it used to be a good store always busy now only time its "busy" is wellfare check time. when kathy/norma/ect were there the atmosphere was friendly inviting they always said hello and talked to you and if they knew you asked about people in your family and never stop checking you out and talking to the cashier over or flirting like mad with carry out boys must be alot of may decembers goin on within those walls you dont get even get a how are you doing today hell you dont even get checked out without them stopin to talk to someone else for five minutes god forbid someone walks in the store they know i used to go to ricks always solely to give them the business now i go out of my way and spend more gas to go to walmart . there was an elderly lady in there today asked a boy 3 times to help her and and he finally turned to her in a huff obvisious he wanted her to know she was annoying him he did help her yet unwillingly. its mine and your money paying the paychecks not rick i think we deserve a clean store and friendly caring people to take our money..........so disappointing it doesnt have to be... robin/ rick/ barry care about who you hire we do pay attention and care... id like to be able to leave that store with a smile on my face again instead of a headache when i know im goin and worse when i leave ......take care everyone
Everyone, who to hell is everyone? Now where have I heard that phrase used before? EVERYONE says so? No they don't because "everyone" I know stays off the booze and don't gossip like a bunch of drunks. No, EVERYONE don't say that, just trash like YOU and everyone who talks to trash. Maybe EVERYONE just like you says it. Hos is that? Everyone, hmmmmm, key word as to your identity,. You might just get asked for a list of EVERYONE. Then watch how fast EVERYONE backs up on what they said and denys saying it.
how silly

Beckley, WV

#6 Oct 18, 2012
sad to care wrote:
First of all, learn to use a period and spell. Secondly, no, everyone does not say that about Ricks. Third, grow up a little bit, you sound like a pathetic loser iwth no life. I love shopping at Ricks, don't drive and appreciate those people. I guess the fact that people like you only shop where they sell beer or drugs tells a lot. Your comment looks like a child typed it. Sober up and if you have a problem with someone flirting or having a may december romance at ricks, talk to the owners. lol
Meat eater

Beckley, WV

#7 Oct 18, 2012
I drive all the way from Beckley every month to get my meat at Ricks IGA. No one else gives me the quality and service they do with a personal touch. I spend from $200.00 to $300.00 a month on meat alone at Ricks. They cut it up and wrap it for me unlike that rotten stuff at walmart. People who support a huge company like walmart over the little guy are worthless. Shut up the drama and learn to appreciate a good business. You must be one of the dunks or druggys everyone is always yammering about to spout all that childish drama.
Sorry but

Glasgow, WV

#8 Oct 18, 2012
I think Ricks is the best store I have ever shopped in and I have been in many stores all over the country big and small and I also know how hard it is to keep a store in good shape like Ricks. They have the best meat for sure. The store is very clean and the people that work there are fast and friendly. They keep the shelves stocked and its rare for them to be out of stock of something I need. They even have someone to carry the groceries out for you and you can't find that very often. Walmarts prices have gone through the roof. What they did is run all the small people out of bussiness so now you don't have much of a choice of where to shop and you have to pay what they charge. Well I do have a choice and I choose Ricks. Thanks to the people that work there.
wondering

United States

#9 Oct 18, 2012
I've only got 1 problem with rick's he's running out of room for what he sell's. But I have shopped at Rick's sense he opened and I intend to still shop there. the hell with Walmart>
as much as gas is I have a few dollars extra to buy something else instead of buying gas to get me up there and have to walk a country mile to just get in that place and worry about somebody knocking u in the head to steal u're purse or something because u have to put your own bags in your car. At least Rick gives u a little pretection by giving u a carry out person. Leave Rick's alone it's convenient and a whole lot cheaper that the carry outs in this area
sad to care

Beckley, WV

#10 Oct 19, 2012
ahhh the wellfare comment i knew they would come out in force i have been around since they opened and i can tell the less friendly atmosphere nothing wrong with me ahhh i c you all all either wellfare or employees makes sense my comments stand as a citizen and how that pooor elderly lady was treated dispicable that is what made me start really thinkning no revenge no wrong moral her feelings....her embarrasment and her grandchilds..+ then led way things were and now and i have never been told to leave barry robin always talk to me the old schoools the best schools these new rudess well you know or u wouldnt be so mad now not many comments from actual customers anyone will defend there paycheck and themselves i never said the jarrell family was bad i know them and have seen rick there few times recently there stellar people they just need more friendly upbeat people .....god bless you all and your opinion you have right same as i..i feel the old crowd were the employees that repected the customer completly not now ive heard people verbally talk about ya im just the one who put it in writing for you to see so maybe you will pay attention to how you are conducting yourself god bless everyone of of you and now you paid attention to yourself wheter you change or not it was worth it goood luck take care amen
Sorry but

Glasgow, WV

#11 Oct 19, 2012
I am not or ever was an employee for Ricks and I have never been on welfare. I am giving my opinion on Ricks store just like you. Isn't it wonderful that we have choices of where to shop? If you don't like it then don't shop there. However if you decide to get on here and give your opinion then don't be upset when no one agrees with you. It is impossible for a store to have all 100 percent perfect employees all the time. Sometimes you get a bad one and you have to weed them out. In this area it is very hard to find someone that wants to work because there are so many people getting checks and so you don't have alot to choose from. You can hire someone that you think is going to be great only to find out that you made a mistake so I think that Ricks is doing a terrific job for this community.
agree

Beckley, WV

#12 Oct 19, 2012
Sorry but wrote:
I am not or ever was an employee for Ricks and I have never been on welfare. I am giving my opinion on Ricks store just like you. Isn't it wonderful that we have choices of where to shop? If you don't like it then don't shop there. However if you decide to get on here and give your opinion then don't be upset when no one agrees with you. It is impossible for a store to have all 100 percent perfect employees all the time. Sometimes you get a bad one and you have to weed them out. In this area it is very hard to find someone that wants to work because there are so many people getting checks and so you don't have alot to choose from. You can hire someone that you think is going to be great only to find out that you made a mistake so I think that Ricks is doing a terrific job for this community.
I am so thankful that we have a store for the elderly and locals to shop and the ones that don't drive or are too sick to go the dreadful walmart are afforded that conveniece. What we all do without Ricks. The whole family, Rick, Freda, Robby and his wife, Jackie, Robin (if I missed anyone sorry) are all wonderful, decent honest people. For someone to get on here and attempt to smear them is terrible. They do a great job and so many depend on them for a paycheck, for their groceries and have for years. Thank you Ricks and I am so sorry we have one person who is low enough to get on here and say mean things about any of the carry out boys, the cashiers or the family. It was a mean, childish attack on a great business and family. They run an excellent business in my, and everyone I know, opinion. It has just gottn better over the years. Pooey on the person who started this thread, and as they can see "everybody" does not agree with them one little bit.
so ugly and trashy

Beckley, WV

#13 Oct 19, 2012
sad to care wrote:
Compared to the retards they hire at Walmart, Ricks employees are absolutely perfect. Have you ever noticed the people that work at walmart, good grief. How often do they carry something out for you? Instead they act like you are stealing and take up your time hunting your receipt. What if Ricks asked to see your receipt and check it as you went out the door? I love Ricks and will shop there even more now that I saw this ignorant trashy thread. Might go there right now and get Mark to slice me a big ole ham. With all the ones that disagree with you, you just gave them some free advertising, dummy. haha
lol

Beckley, WV

#14 Oct 19, 2012
sad to care wrote:
ahhh the wellfare comment i knew they would come out in force i have been around since they opened and i can tell the less friendly atmosphere nothing wrong with me ahhh i c you all all either wellfare or employees makes sense my comments stand as a citizen and how that pooor elderly lady was treated dispicable that is what made me start really thinkning no revenge no wrong moral her feelings....her embarrasment and her grandchilds..+ then led way things were and now and i have never been told to leave barry robin always talk to me the old schoools the best schools these new rudess well you know or u wouldnt be so mad now not many comments from actual customers anyone will defend there paycheck and themselves i never said the jarrell family was bad i know them and have seen rick there few times recently there stellar people they just need more friendly upbeat people .....god bless you all and your opinion you have right same as i..i feel the old crowd were the employees that repected the customer completly not now ive heard people verbally talk about ya im just the one who put it in writing for you to see so maybe you will pay attention to how you are conducting yourself god bless everyone of of you and now you paid attention to yourself wheter you change or not it was worth it goood luck take care amen
udging from your posst, I will wager that a whole lot of people talk about your faults and shortcomings too. To keep using the word God and then act the way you tells me everything about you. You think Walmart has all perfect employees, or Krogers, or even the Dollar Store? You need to get off the booze or get help with your problem. Ricks is great and I am not an employee, nor am I a relative, just a long time customer who appreciates a fine business in the community. People like you need rocks threw at them for trying to ruin what little we have in the community. Please leave asap.
old timer

Beckley, WV

#15 Oct 19, 2012
Sorry to tell you but the new generation of kids are all like that. I don't care where you go, the younger kids have an attitude. Shame the old emplyees get old and have to retire, but it is not just at Ricks, it is with all the younger people. You can't change the whole world, get used to it, with computers and video games you will see the children become more and more disrespectful and unfriendly. Don't attack Ricks when it is every where.
sad to care

Beckley, WV

#16 Oct 19, 2012
you know i would like to ber noble and appologize to you all i toook a couple bad experices as ricks out of countless good experiences and wrote about the once out of frustrastion i guess i do believe the old employees had bigger hearts but they know us all from childhood on so if i offended anyone i was not intending to i never said any bad about rick or his family i know them also and barry extremly personally they are great people left from the old school its a faster more open age now i guess sometimes i miss the melencholy of easy goin so my deep regets to you employees i offend it was never an intention just a bad experience im humbling my self through god i hope you do also today is a new day
live and let live

Beckley, WV

#17 Oct 28, 2012
Put it back in the same condition it was when you took it and there will be no questions. Put it back in the next five days in perfect condition. I have the whole deal on video and realize you have been in trouble before. I just want it back NOW. I know who you are and have all I need to get your butt locked up AGAIN. I will make its value so it will be a felony arrest unless you put it back. If you don't put it back, you will be arrested for a felony, if you do, that will be the end of it. You surely have the sense to realize I know who took it, and why, or why else would I post on this thread????? PUT IT BACK or it will be worth over $1200.00 which will be a felony. Get it? You better. I am being nice about this.
out it back

Beckley, WV

#18 Oct 29, 2012
Really is the item worth going to jail over? You have a chance to put it back, so put it back, fair is fair. If you don't put it back, it will only bring you a lot of sorrow.
what

Saint Albans, WV

#19 Oct 29, 2012
what r u talking about? I thought this thread was about Ricks?
hate a theif

Beckley, WV

#20 Oct 29, 2012
the person to whom this is addressed knows what this is about, that is why they started the thread. Crazy like a fox.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glen Daniel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tonya Beckner 48 min Preacher 3
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr loan 1,337
wrong turn bolling 10 hr mable 4
side by sides, and ATV'S need to be put off hi... 10 hr HAZARD 3
Kelly Basconi Fri Shelby 2
Can Am Fri sistersalvation 4
atv tradgedy Jun 23 JFC 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glen Daniel Mortgages