North Arundel Aquatic Center

Posted in the Glen Burnie Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rob Rothhaas

Washington, DC

#1 Jan 4, 2007
I took my children to Glen Burnieís new North Arundel Aquatic Center. Itís a great facility but everyone was whistled repeatedly by lifeguards.

Among the infractions were holding hands, putting oneís face close to the water, and grabbing the wall. Lifeguards put children in timeout. One child cried.

Adults complained to each other. My children and I didnít use the big slide because the lifeguards scared us.

My children are well-behaved. They donít get in trouble at home or school.

In past visits to Annapolisí Arundel Olympic Swim Center, lifeguards didnít typically whistle us. They only whistled swimmers for good reason.

Rob Rothhaas
Shady Side
Angela

Frederick, MD

#3 Jul 5, 2007
That happened when I was there. I went to the big yellow slide but you know that you have to be 48 inches? The girl in front of me was like 50 inches and the lifeguard said she was to short to ride it. When I was in the whirlpool a girl tried to get out but the whirl kept on swirling her keeping her to come out and the lifeguard said you spin you don't stop the whirlpool you go around totally not fair but still I love that pool.
Pbel

Frederick, MD

#4 Jul 6, 2007
Angela wrote:
That happened when I was there. I went to the big yellow slide but you know that you have to be 48 inches? The girl in front of me was like 50 inches and the lifeguard said she was to short to ride it. When I was in the whirlpool a girl tried to get out but the whirl kept on swirling her keeping her to come out and the lifeguard said you spin you don't stop the whirlpool you go around totally not fair but still I love that pool.
What is the cost to use this facility?
robindena

Gaithersburg, MD

#5 Jul 6, 2007
The cost is ridiculous. In a good way. I think it's $2-$3. We had my daughter's birthday party there and were given a party room and swiming for 15 children for $50.

It's an incredible facility.

Since: Jul 07

Glen Burnie, Maryland

#6 Jul 18, 2007
Pbel wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the cost to use this facility?
The cost is $140.00 for a three month pass.$65.00 for a fifteen visit pass. I'm not sure how much the annual fee is. I absolutely love this place! I go all the time. I think the lifeguards are well trained and prepared. The slide is awesome and my favorite spot is the Hot Tub. Don't let a few bad apples spoil the fun. Try it out and make your own decisions.
Anonymous

Sterling Heights, MI

#7 Oct 14, 2007
The Lifeguards there are great, the do their jobs very well. Maybe you need to take a better look at the behavior of some of the spoiled, rich kids from your part of the county. And AOSC does not have all the hidden, unsafe areas that NAAC does. So chill out, and give the guards at NAAC the respect they deserve, and stay at your end of the county, SNOB!!!
Rob Rothhaas wrote:
I took my children to Glen Burnieís new North Arundel Aquatic Center. Itís a great facility but everyone was whistled repeatedly by lifeguards.
Among the infractions were holding hands, putting oneís face close to the water, and grabbing the wall. Lifeguards put children in timeout. One child cried.
Adults complained to each other. My children and I didnít use the big slide because the lifeguards scared us.
In past visits to Annapolisí Arundel Olympic Swim Center, lifeguards didnít typically whistle us. They only whistled swimmers for good reason.
Rob Rothhaas
Shady Side
sweet cheeks

Sterling Heights, MI

#8 Oct 15, 2007
i think that the lifeguard with blond curly hair is really cute!!
Anonymous

Fairport, NY

#9 Nov 14, 2007
Apparently Glen Burnie is the rich part of the county now... Anyways, being a lifeguard, i tend to have more respect for those who are able to enforce rules in a responsible and customer friendly way than the way I have heard that they treat many of their patrons at that facility
man1

AOL

#10 Nov 18, 2007
darn whistle blowers!!!
Mom4GB

Reisterstown, MD

#11 Jan 17, 2008
I recently went to the pool for my first time and the lifeguards were great. The problem I noticed when they had to blow there whistle was different parts of the pool were not labeled. I saw several parents trying to go down the kiddie slide. They got whistled at. I felt like maybe a sign should have been posted and if it was, it was not there at the entrance of the steps. Just a simply lack of knowing because the slide was definitely wide enough and welcoming to alot of adults that evening. Great place but does definitely attract younger children.
Betty Collins

Annapolis, MD

#12 Jan 19, 2008
Yeah I attented a couple of the Water Aerobics classes and the water instructor Melissa GREAT.. I dont care about the the ones who down the place. The Guards are great there keeping our kids safe. Whom ever is negitive about them are probably the ones who are not watching there kid and or using the phone outside while there kid is playing and getting whistled at.. Well im not the bragger but that one lifeguard,well shes so polite and generous. I think her name is Brittany I asked her many questions and I felt like all was answered. I think that this a great place for families and the hell to all think other wise! Stay out of our part of town then!
seriouslyreconsi dering

Abingdon, MD

#13 Feb 3, 2008
I agree that there is a lot of whistle-blowing going on there--to the point that it's hard to tell who is being whistled at and for what! But I agree with Mom4GB, that most of the infractions I saw were due to lack of knowledge and if there were a few signs posted in different parts of the pool, or even a large sign with rules listed, it would be very helpful to patrons. My daughter loves it there, and we go probably once a month, but we still end up getting the whistle blown at us for something each time (this last time it was for using the kickboards that were set out around the leisure pool area. FYI, those are for lessons only, people!)
Jake

Baltimore, MD

#14 Mar 18, 2008
All the lifeguards there rock! They are awesome and cool!
ahail

Elkridge, MD

#15 Mar 26, 2008
the lifeguards there are great.
Tom

Pasadena, MD

#16 May 8, 2008
I just paid $170 for 30 children for my son's b-day party. The persons comment below said she paid $50 for 15 children. I will definetly look into this.
Monty Cornwall

Baltimore, MD

#17 May 18, 2008
I like, swam there - and, like, it was like, woah - all this water and stuff and like, afterwards I had a shower and everything and there was like, more water and a tap with even more water. So then, like, when I stepped outside it was raining and like, I got even more water on me

No wonder that place isn't just called a swim center and they named it the AQUATIC CENTER.

Man, I tell ya. It's like the lost city of Atlantis in there. It's like, SO full of water!!!
None

Pasadena, MD

#18 May 25, 2008
THw life gurads are there because they were trained to blow there wihisltes at kids who are doing things wrong. I should no Iwork there
None

Pasadena, MD

#19 May 25, 2008
Betty Collins wrote:
Yeah I attented a couple of the Water Aerobics classes and the water instructor Melissa GREAT.. I dont care about the the ones who down the place. The Guards are great there keeping our kids safe. Whom ever is negitive about them are probably the ones who are not watching there kid and or using the phone outside while there kid is playing and getting whistled at.. Well im not the bragger but that one lifeguard,well shes so polite and generous. I think her name is Brittany I asked her many questions and I felt like all was answered. I think that this a great place for families and the hell to all think other wise! Stay out of our part of town then!
There is a sign and on the kiddie slide the max. hight is 48 in. if you are any taller you have to use the other slide
None

Essex, MD

#20 May 30, 2008
Rob Rothhaas wrote:
Rob Rothhaas
Shady Side
Just wondering were those kids in the vertex pool. That is for the safety of the kids so do you want a kid to get hurt?
Alex

Pasadena, MD

#21 Jun 22, 2008
that is a great swimming pool but they put too muck clhorine in the water.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glen Burnie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,115,129
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 38 min cpeter1313 305,849
gay in Towson Maryland 2 hr mdtowson 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Chuck 19,285
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Sun IMGKNEE 120,156
Double stabbing in Remington leaves one man dead Sep 26 pico 1
barbeque sauce (Jun '12) Aug '14 tracy 14

Glen Burnie Jobs

Glen Burnie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Glen Burnie News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Glen Burnie

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]