A Glen Allen couple is alleging police brutality in their own home while Henrico police tried to ...

Full story: WTVR 36
CBS 6 is following an internal investigation of the Henrico county police department. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TracyLee

Midlothian, VA

#1 Nov 5, 2009
It is hard not to say they crossed the line on this one. Why would they be following someone around over the course of several days over driving erraticly? It doesn't make sense. They are wasting our tax money on harrassing this man when there are murderers out there! Now if there is a law suit over this that is more money gone. Choose your battles correctly people!
HuffieVA

Danville, VA

#2 Nov 5, 2009
Henrico has a history of this type of situation, When my wife and I moved to VA in the late 90's I accidentally set off our ADT security system. What basically amounted to a SWAT team showed up pistol whipped me, handcuffed me to the porch railing and ransacked our home, all while our for young children screamed in terror until my wife returned from the grocery store... We cleaned the house up pulled the ADT box off the wall and went to a motel for the night only to return the following morning to find our door broken in and the home ransacked a second time... Internal affairs is nothing more than a joke we called to file a complaint and I end up being carted off to jail with 15K bail for a grocery list of trumped up charges ranging from disturbing the piece to causing a false alarm (and to this day I have 45 days credit after the judge threw out all the charges) needless to say we live in Chesterfield now...and our security system was designed by Dan Wesson
MadelineC

Richmond, VA

#3 Nov 5, 2009
It is sad that in this day and age, the men and women paid to protect the citizens of our community display this kind of behavior. What was that cop thinking! All this unemployment and with crime increasing, and he could not check his ego before he put on his uniform. GROW UP MAN!!
sandy

Richmond, VA

#4 Nov 5, 2009
henrico police are like storm troopers. i hope all is well w/ this family!!!!
Are you kidding me

Richmond, VA

#6 Nov 6, 2009
Geesh, are we supposed to feel sorry for this guy? Why should we be sympathetic to someone breaking the law? If you truly wanted us to feel for his plight you shouldn't have told us he already had previous convictions for the very thing they arrested him for.
IMO

Richmond, VA

#7 Nov 6, 2009
Here is another example of avoiding responsibility. Let's start from the beginning, if this person wasn't breaking the law there wouldn't be a problem. This person had other options available but decided to make the situation worse. The police react to the actions in which they are dealt.
money monger

Northbrook, IL

#8 Nov 6, 2009
Here's a case of another couple looking for a quick buck and avoiding the real problem...that he was breaking the law and not cooperating with the police in the first place. Let's call the news and get everyone on our side and we'll get some money out of it. Real nice. He has histories of DUIs and prison time...sounds like a real honest and law-abiding citizen here. I hope the civil case is thrown out of court and he's thrown back in jail. Why waste taxpayors money?
Mia

Glen Allen, VA

#9 Nov 6, 2009
I know several Henrico officers and this soo off the wall; the men I know are not at all like this. Please don't judge all officers by the actions of their comrades. Just horrible that stain that a small band of thugs can put on an entire department
Mia

Glen Allen, VA

#10 Nov 6, 2009
money monger wrote:
Here's a case of another couple looking for a quick buck and avoiding the real problem...that he was breaking the law and not cooperating with the police in the first place. Let's call the news and get everyone on our side and we'll get some money out of it. Real nice. He has histories of DUIs and prison time...sounds like a real honest and law-abiding citizen here. I hope the civil case is thrown out of court and he's thrown back in jail. Why waste taxpayors money?
I didn't see, nor hear, in the report that any charge was specifically dui, and jail and prison can be two different animals. Once a person serves their time, why not reset the clock. In any case, while refusal to sign a uniform traffic summons does mean the offender is immediately taken before a magistrate, it does not mean the police can bully and beat the subject. A uniform carries a certain authority, but also a huge burden to act professionally and calmly at all times, otherwise the action of one or a few officers can sully the reputation of their entire department.
Musiq

Richmond, VA

#11 Nov 6, 2009
money monger wrote:
I didn't hear anything about a law suit. I heard that the officers should be held accountable for their misconduct. If you are honestly going to sit here and tell me that they followed protocol in this case then you are as crazy as you sound. If the driver was driving that bad he should have called and had a patrol car follow him not follow him to his house without any type of warrant. I know police officers and this is not how it should have been handled. The big picture is not if he was guilty or not but if the officers did what OUR TAX DOLLARS PAYS THEM TO DO!
fairfax

United States

#12 Nov 6, 2009
HuffieVA wrote:
Henrico has a history of this type of situation, When my wife and I moved to VA in the late 90's I accidentally set off our ADT security system. What basically amounted to a SWAT team showed up pistol whipped me, handcuffed me to the porch railing and ransacked our home, all while our for young children screamed in terror until my wife returned from the grocery store... We cleaned the house up pulled the ADT box off the wall and went to a motel for the night only to return the following morning to find our door broken in and the home ransacked a second time... Internal affairs is nothing more than a joke we called to file a complaint and I end up being carted off to jail with 15K bail for a grocery list of trumped up charges ranging from disturbing the piece to causing a false alarm (and to this day I have 45 days credit after the judge threw out all the charges) needless to say we live in Chesterfield now...and our security system was designed by Dan Wesson
SWAT term dont come out for just "accidentally set off the security system". YOU MUST HIT THE SILENSE ALARM.
Beware of VA Police

Portland, OR

#13 Nov 6, 2009
They are poorly trained and uneducated. There are plenty of excessive force cases against VA police out there (papers and web) if they haven't been quickly removed yet.
Glen Allen

Richmond, VA

#14 Nov 6, 2009
I have lived near that family for 5 years and they are a very close and loving family. Their children are very respectable honor students, and the parents always lend their neighbors a hand when needed. I believe them, I saw when the other officers arrived to their house with a dark SUV as not to be seen. They never mentioned his wife having any criminal record or the such so why put their hands on her. PEOPLE KEEP IN MIND THE CHILDREN WERE WITNESSING ALL OF THIS!! THEY ARE THE TRUE VICTIMS IN ALL OF THIS!!
MadelineC

Richmond, VA

#15 Nov 6, 2009
Are you kidding me wrote:
Geesh, are we supposed to feel sorry for this guy? Why should we be sympathetic to someone breaking the law? If you truly wanted us to feel for his plight you shouldn't have told us he already had previous convictions for the very thing they arrested him for.
Pay attention!! That was in his past which I'm sure we all have! Should he be penalized and judged for what he already answered for! How was he breaking the law when the officer was also breaking the law! Is it okay for the police to behave like animals while we obey the law!! I hope they sue the pants off Henrico Police and WIN!! It's not like it will make a difference anyway!
lucy

Richmond, VA

#16 Nov 6, 2009
I hope this family recover from this painful ordeal and live a heathly life. remember GOD see all and venagnce belongs to Him. Why would plain clothes police follow someone for days. thats scary!
Guy in Henrico

Richmond, VA

#17 Nov 6, 2009
This driver had the chance to diffuse the situation by complying and having his day in court with proper counsel. I'm curious if the claimed brutality and arrest was because the driver wouldn't sign the ticket. If that's the case then he was taking a ride anyways. If he was refusing and or resisting then how should the officers handle the situation? Call in a negotiator? I can speak from experience, I never recieved a summons I didn't deserve. As for the kids, yes it's ashame they had to witness that but the parents should have been able to make the right decision to avoid that situation. I could go into an essay here about parenting but I digress. As I said before, comply with the officers request and have your day in court. Now this guy is wasting my tax dollars for investigation and whatever else comes from this. The lesson is don't break the law in the first place and there would have been no problem!
Another Guy In Henrico

Richmond, VA

#18 Nov 6, 2009
It definitely was not this guys fault that he refused to sign the summons, just like it wasn't his fault he resisted arrest, just like it wasn't his fault he was driving recklessly, just like it isn't his fault that taxpayer money is now being wasted investigating the officers, just like it wasn't his fault.....wasn't his fault.....wasn't his fault.....
Richard

United States

#19 Nov 6, 2009
Oh yeah I bet the cops were all white too. This guy is a joke, stop lying and man up to your mistakes.
Tax payer

Richmond, VA

#20 Nov 6, 2009
chick the facts the off duty officer tried to run this guy off the road with his child in car. then went to his home the same day hours later to threated and intimate this individual and would not leave their home until they threated to call a supervisor, and get this shows up three days later to force this guy to sign a ticket,,,,i have one question , where is the off duty officers TICKET.
john

AOL

#21 Nov 7, 2009
It is amazing when a black person breaks the law a couple of times it is is racist or aggressive i can imagine how this great stupid citizen was acting probly he was probly being irate to the cops look at him he loos angry anyway everything is a race issue poor me boohoo we can care less about this guy maybe HE SHOULD GO BACK TO DRIVEING SCHOOL OR WE SHOULD TAKE HIS LISCENSE FROM HIM FOR 3 YRS SCREW THIS RETARD I CAN CARELESS MAYBE HE SHOULD OF SIGNED THE TICKET OR MAYBE HE IS SO STUPID HE CANT READ OR WRITE WHAT A MORON HE IS LOOKING TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF THE POLICE DEPT HE WILL GET THE NAACP AND CRY THE RACE CARD MAYBE HE SHOULD JUST GO TO COURT AND STOP BEING A BABY ABOUT IT IMAGINE HIS WIFE SHE WAS PROBLY TRYING TO HIT AND KICK THE OFFICERS I FEEL MORE SORRY FOR THE POLICE OFF DUTY COPS CAN GIVE TICKETS A COPS JOB IS 24 HRS A DAY THAT IS Y THEY TAKE THIER CAR HOME STUPID PPL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glen Allen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 14 hr Jake 1,361
Up for fun? Aug '14 Jiko 1
Bjob please? Aug '14 Jiko 1
Any ladies wana meet? Aug '14 Mrj 1
Ashland business leader faces 9 sex charges (Sep '13) Aug '14 next generation 4
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug '14 Time Flys 2,545
Idolize: A new beauty and brow bar in Short Pum... (Jul '12) Jul '14 Cass 14
Glen Allen Dating
Find my Match

Glen Allen Jobs

Glen Allen People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Glen Allen News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Glen Allen

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]