First Prev
of 2
Next Last
IRS

Cookeville, TN

#1 Jul 22, 2010
A Gleason couple faces up to three years in federal prison after they pleaded guilty to one count of filing a false tax return with the Internal Revenue Service.

Jerry Wayne Esch and his wife, Marcia Kay Esch, filed a 2003 corporate tax return in September 2004 that underreported the income of their company, Esch and Poole, Inc., by over $350,000, according to a news release from the U.S. attorney's office.

According to plea agreements filed during the plea hearing, Jerry Esch agreed to a tax loss of $164,344.00 to the United States based upon his actions relating to corporate and personal tax returns for 2003.

Marcia Esch agreed to a tax loss of $521,598.40 based upon her 2003 personal income tax return, corporate income tax returns for Esch and Poole, Inc., for 2003 through 2006 and employment taxes for tax years 2005 through 2007, the news release said.
not surprised

Paris, TN

#2 Jul 22, 2010
What in the world did they do with that kind of money? I didn't know boob jobs were that expensive!
Formerly known as

Smyrna, TN

#3 Jul 23, 2010
IDK those are some pretty big boobs!!
jojo

Cookeville, TN

#5 Jul 24, 2010
now that right there is funny
rich

Cookeville, TN

#6 Jul 25, 2010
whats up with this story? is it real?
belinda

Paris, TN

#7 Jul 25, 2010
I guess it is. You can google it and find the charges on the federal court website. They plead guilty to the charges. I guess its like tax evasion, claimed they made a lot less money than they did. I don't understand what it means about them "taking a tax loss" though. Anybody know what that means?
Formerly known as

Smyrna, TN

#8 Jul 26, 2010
I think it means the IRS took the tax loss from income that they didn't report.
Belinda

Paris, TN

#9 Jul 26, 2010
Do you think they sentence them to prison for that?
curious

Waterloo, Canada

#10 Jul 28, 2010
It's a federal offense yes, but whoever posted this is completely ridiculous. Jerry and Marcia are the nicest people I've ever met. They have done nothing but help everyone in the town of Gleason out. Don't bash them on here because obviously they know what happened was wrong and are paying for it now.
Belinda

Paris, TN

#11 Jul 28, 2010
curious wrote:
It's a federal offense yes, but whoever posted this is completely ridiculous. Jerry and Marcia are the nicest people I've ever met. They have done nothing but help everyone in the town of Gleason out. Don't bash them on here because obviously they know what happened was wrong and are paying for it now.
How have they helped out everyone in Gleason? Did they feed all the hungry children? Did they throw a pool party for the less fortunate? Let them drive their new cars to the unemployment office? I would act remorseful too if I got caught defrauding the federal government! You act like they only found out it was wrong after they did it. Honey, they knew what they were doing. They did not turn themselves in! By the way, the Jackson Sun "posted" the story, someone just copied it on here. Its public knowledge. You commit a crime, and the public has a right to know.
curious

Waterloo, Canada

#12 Jul 28, 2010
Regardless of what they did, it's none of your business. I'm sure they have done a lot more for the community than you have is the point I'm making. My main point is that her breast size has notihing to do with their taxes.
formerly known as

Humboldt, TN

#13 Jul 28, 2010
'scuse me, I didn't know they could see other people in gleason with their noses so high up in the air!!! I need to check my bank account, must have put some of that "stolen" money in there, if they did it's the only time they have helped me!! If they had only done it 1 year, maybe they could have gotten away with it BUT they got greedy. You can't NOT report 350,000 in income by mistake!! wake up and smell the coffee!! they made it everyone's business when they didn't report....do u realize who made up the $$$ in taxes that they didn't pay??? YOU AND ME!! You know who will pay to keep them up if they go to jail???? YOU AND ME!!!
FlatCheasted

Paris, TN

#14 Jul 28, 2010
curious wrote:
Regardless of what they did, it's none of your business. I'm sure they have done a lot more for the community than you have is the point I'm making. My main point is that her breast size has notihing to do with their taxes.
If it is none of our business, why is it YOUR business?? You're on here too yapping about it.Someone who "forgets" to report $350,000 on their taxes is more likely able to afford a boob job than the honest people who pay taxes on ALL of their income!
Verbena

Paris, TN

#15 Jul 28, 2010
Oh my goodness! How many people did you say were at their pool party? Wow, I bet they ALL had a great time. Wish I had been invited.:(
curious

Waterloo, Canada

#16 Jul 28, 2010
If you didn't know, the boob job occured way before 03. Nice try though. They will also be forced to pay it back. Don't worry yourself with your finances over their mistakes.
HeeHaw

Paris, TN

#17 Jul 28, 2010
curious wrote:
If you didn't know, the boob job occured way before 03. Nice try though. They will also be forced to pay it back. Don't worry yourself with your finances over their mistakes.
I say don't worry YOURSELF over it. Thank you though for being so thoughtful to all of us who don't stand by criminals. What are you hiding yourself?
debby

Arlington, TX

#18 Jul 28, 2010
IRS wrote:
A Gleason couple faces up to three years in federal prison after they pleaded guilty to one count of filing a false tax return with the Internal Revenue Service.
Jerry Wayne Esch and his wife, Marcia Kay Esch, filed a 2003 corporate tax return in September 2004 that underreported the income of their company, Esch and Poole, Inc., by over $350,000, according to a news release from the U.S. attorney's office.
According to plea agreements filed during the plea hearing, Jerry Esch agreed to a tax loss of $164,344.00 to the United States based upon his actions relating to corporate and personal tax returns for 2003.
Marcia Esch agreed to a tax loss of $521,598.40 based upon her 2003 personal income tax return, corporate income tax returns for Esch and Poole, Inc., for 2003 through 2006 and employment taxes for tax years 2005 through 2007, the news release said.
and??? illegal aliens are tax evaders technically. sounds like obama is partial to one race/class! that is discrimination! ha!!!! a federal crime.
curious

Warwick, RI

#19 Jul 29, 2010
I will stand beside them. Possibly in front of them. They are genuinely good people. It's sad they chose to do this but people make mistakes. Even good people. Passing judgement won't get you anywhere in live, except a seat on the bus to Hell, have fun.
Appalled

Paris, TN

#20 Jul 29, 2010
curious wrote:
I will stand beside them. Possibly in front of them. They are genuinely good people. It's sad they chose to do this but people make mistakes. Even good people. Passing judgement won't get you anywhere in live, except a seat on the bus to Hell, have fun.
It sounds like you are passing judgement to the people passing judgement on your friends. I know you're upset, but read what You wrote. No one on here said the Esches were on the bus to anywhere, much less told them to have fun going there.That makes you sound like the most wicked person on this forum.
paymytaxes

Humboldt, TN

#21 Jul 29, 2010
yeah, well the line won't be that long, you should be able to chit-chat with her for awhile!! u 2 could be big buds before u know it!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gleason Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheating girlfriends.. 19 min SICK 1
camp hazelwood (Jul '10) 31 min Tad 36
Amish markets 1 hr Help 1
joseph j clancy 1 hr Michael 4
Guys to avoid 2 2 hr Jess 3
My money (Dec '12) 2 hr Jess 75
Need female attorney 2 hr Drone bee 5

Gleason Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance