Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#21 Feb 3, 2010
I love how people only look to attack people on this site. I just brought up a point that was told to me by a student of SA that is in my family. You can disagree with me and ask me questions like you did, but why do you have to jump on me and call me a liar and have such anger in your post as if I personally attacked you. If you just said I called the school investigating and what I was told was not true then I would have said okay, maybe I am wrong. No like everyone else on this board and in this town you decided just to be a jerk and rude. Thanks proving to me that Glassport does sucks.
hello

Elizabeth, PA

#22 Feb 4, 2010
sa is not just glassport students stop trying to pin it all on glassport
Just the Facts

Mckeesport, PA

#23 Feb 4, 2010
Glassportman, isn't this your post under "Old Rite-Aid"?

Thursday Jan 7 Once again the Glassport rumor mill strikes again. This time I even jumped on the band wagon.

The old Rite Aid is owned by Rite Aid.
http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/realestate ...

According to the county, they are paid up on all the taxes for that building.
http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/realestate ...

So there you go people, lets try and learn from this.
----------
???? So, what HAVE you learned? Anything? How about checking the facts before you make accusations. And don't get so defensive and try to twist things on "Glassporters" when YOU obviously posted something that was not true! As I said before, somebody was lying and I stand by that statement. If you don't like the response, don't post something provocative until you check the facts.

You owe everybody who reads this board an apology!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#24 Feb 4, 2010
Umm... I don't owe anyone anything.

If you where able to grab my post from another thread, then you can read it where I said that I jumped on the band wagon too. My statement of "lets try and learn from this." was a joke.

Furthermore I stated in my posts in this thread that I learned about the book situation from a SA student that is in the family. That is not a fact and I will admit that. I have not posted anything in this thread that said I'm write and you are wrong, like you have.

I was never closed off to an open debate, but people like you and others have to jump on me for no reason. I never called anyone else a liar, and I never suggest someone's family was lazy and worthless. Now I was called a liar and it was suggest that my family was lazy and just wanted to blame others. Why?

Also why is your information fact. It is hearsay just like mine. How do I know you called the school.

I am not going to apologize, but you can apologize to me for being rude.

Since: Jan 10

Mckeesport, PA

#25 Feb 4, 2010
alrighty... wow... "glassportman" and "just the facts" both of you are being immature about this... everyone is entitled to their opinion, cept when you verbally insult others... being a liar or calling names is not getting anyone anywhere... yes i called you immature and maybe that puts me in the same category but i am also not saying that i am not in there already...
i am a student at SA and all i said was that i never had the problem of not having books in my classes, out of all the 6 years ive been in that middle/high school building...

if you say u've heard this from another student at the school, thats all fine, thats what you heard, in that sense, you are not wrong in your information because it is not information coming directly from you...

so could we leave it at no one needs to appologize and also no attacking anyone? thats not the purpose of these threads, its to discuss issues...

i must add though that i cant keep reading this "glassport sucks" comment and just let it go... i live in glassport, i have a decent living family in a nice home that we who live in it have worked hard to make it a nice place... the people in our neighborhood either stay in their homes or the kids run around, some being totally immature and doing stupid things, but that is just kids these days... the way we see most of glassport citizens is caused by those citizens... and because we see more bad than good, it leads us to disliking the location... all im saying is that i live in this town, i may not favor it the most, but i deal with it and kno that i will not be here forever, and if i am, i will not be classified as a crack head, drunk, whore, etc... because i am none of the above.... use these threads to try and help the town, not destroy it verbally... it will only make things worse...
hello

Elizabeth, PA

#26 Feb 4, 2010
Mahora wrote:
alrighty... wow... "glassportman" and "just the facts" both of you are being immature about this... everyone is entitled to their opinion, cept when you verbally insult others... being a liar or calling names is not getting anyone anywhere... yes i called you immature and maybe that puts me in the same category but i am also not saying that i am not in there already...
i am a student at SA and all i said was that i never had the problem of not having books in my classes, out of all the 6 years ive been in that middle/high school building...
if you say u've heard this from another student at the school, thats all fine, thats what you heard, in that sense, you are not wrong in your information because it is not information coming directly from you...
so could we leave it at no one needs to appologize and also no attacking anyone? thats not the purpose of these threads, its to discuss issues...
i must add though that i cant keep reading this "glassport sucks" comment and just let it go... i live in glassport, i have a decent living family in a nice home that we who live in it have worked hard to make it a nice place... the people in our neighborhood either stay in their homes or the kids run around, some being totally immature and doing stupid things, but that is just kids these days... the way we see most of glassport citizens is caused by those citizens... and because we see more bad than good, it leads us to disliking the location... all im saying is that i live in this town, i may not favor it the most, but i deal with it and kno that i will not be here forever, and if i am, i will not be classified as a crack head, drunk, whore, etc... because i am none of the above.... use these threads to try and help the town, not destroy it verbally... it will only make things worse...
bravo,im with you. now if we can just get the adults on these threads to attend a glassport redevelopment meeting they might have some positive things to say the next time they post.the meetings are in the news paper,so come.there are some people that are trying to work to build the town up instead of tearing it down.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#27 Feb 4, 2010
I never called anyone names.

Look at my other post and blog and you will see I to try and work to make Glassport better and have defended it in many post.

Yes everyone should go to the Glassport Development Corporation meeting and help out, or join other groups out there that are trying to make this a better town.

Since: Jan 10

Mckeesport, PA

#28 Feb 4, 2010
yes they should... and i was just using name calling as an example of how you guys sounded... dont take it out of context and think im just bashing you, cause im not
Just the Facts

Mckeesport, PA

#29 Feb 5, 2010
Mahora wrote:
alrighty... wow... "glassportman" and "just the facts" both of you are being immature about this... everyone is entitled to their opinion, cept when you verbally insult others... being a liar or calling names is not getting anyone anywhere... yes i called you immature and maybe that puts me in the same category but i am also not saying that i am not in there already...
i am a student at SA and all i said was that i never had the problem of not having books in my classes, out of all the 6 years ive been in that middle/high school building...
if you say u've heard this from another student at the school, thats all fine, thats what you heard, in that sense, you are not wrong in your information because it is not information coming directly from you...
so could we leave it at no one needs to appologize and also no attacking anyone? thats not the purpose of these threads, its to discuss issues...
i must add though that i cant keep reading this "glassport sucks" comment and just let it go... i live in glassport, i have a decent living family in a nice home that we who live in it have worked hard to make it a nice place... the people in our neighborhood either stay in their homes or the kids run around, some being totally immature and doing stupid things, but that is just kids these days... the way we see most of glassport citizens is caused by those citizens... and because we see more bad than good, it leads us to disliking the location... all im saying is that i live in this town, i may not favor it the most, but i deal with it and kno that i will not be here forever, and if i am, i will not be classified as a crack head, drunk, whore, etc... because i am none of the above.... use these threads to try and help the town, not destroy it verbally... it will only make things worse...
You miss my point to Glassportman. Why post something you really know nothing about? He obviosly posted a lie. Now, did he do it intentionally to "stir" people up on here to read his "blog"? Or did he really not know and just post something he "heard". I have a problem with people posting things on any of these topic without knowing the facts. Sometimes it just takes making a phone call or asking somebody who does know. Too many people read half this crap posted on here and take it as the gospel truth, and Glassportman knows that, which helps "perpetuates" the bad image of Glassport.

He in fact is helping to contribute to the bad image of our town and schools by posting false statements, and these are not necessarily his opinions.
Just the Facts

Mckeesport, PA

#30 Feb 5, 2010
Glassportman wrote:
I will clear up, as you said they have textbooks in the class room. Students are not assigned books to take home. That is the problem. We have a family member in High School, who is an above average student but struggles with math, but they don't have a text book to take home and study from. That is just stupid, because how are parents suppose to help out when they can not refer to the book for homework. Plus, believe or or not, but some students like to study ahead of the lesson plans by reading ahead in the books, but with out being able to take a text book home to do that or to help struggling students solve problems, you are not fostering a good education experience.
Considering how low our property taxes are, I would not have a problem with the school board raising them to purchase books for all students.
"Students are not assigned books to take home. That is the problem."

That is your statement. Its a lie. Thats not your opinion. Its a false statement. A false statement is a lie. That is my opinion. You pass yourself off as a know-it-all, so if you "know everything" as you pretend to, then in my opinion you "knew" your statement was a lie. If you truly didn't know, then the person who told you it was the liar. Simple.

You can call the school and ask yourself. Do you need the number? Don't be afraid, they wont bite.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#31 Feb 5, 2010
What ever Just the Facts, I am done with you.

Like so many people on here you have long decided to be a jerk and just jump on me for no reason. I have been open and willing to debate and answer your questions, but you rather just be a child. You are just another uneducated piece of trash, in my opinion of coarse.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#32 Feb 5, 2010
Oh and if you actually have read my blog or many of my post. I comment nonstop in how to change this town for the better. I encourage people to volunteer and defended this town when it was called a ghetto. I have defended and supported the "Keep Glassport Clean" couple. I have volunteered my time and money in the past and currently in this town to try and make it a better place to live.

Maybe YOU should do some HOMEWORK, before talking.

I clearly stated in my post that the book situation was what I knew from a family member and thus was hearsay, why you had to jump on me instead of presenting your facts and argument in a civilized and adult manner, I have no idea.
madmac

Pittsburgh, PA

#33 Feb 5, 2010
I think people on here have selective reading and omit words as he or she reads. There is no reason to get hostile and call people liars because it was hear say. I was just defending the fact I am tired of the kids and parents today blaming all there problems and failures on others and not taking responsilbility for thier choices and actions. I really believe kids need more discipline and structure in their lives.
SA Junior in Aug

Mckeesport, PA

#34 Jul 13, 2010
Why is it that on every one of these posts, all of you "civilized" people only seem to argue and disprove each other because your all smarter than the other. I didn't bother reading all the posts on this board due to a combination of sleep deprivation and annoyance, so if somebody else already answered the original question (relevant to the male coach) and if I'm just parroting already-received information I apologize. But yeah, the girls team has a male coach, and from what I've heard, he leads the team proficently.

Oh, and about the books, we recieve a textbook for personal use and each classroom has a seperate set for class use. Not sure if it was always like that, but it is now for the most part.
smarter than a 5th grader

Mckeesport, PA

#35 Jul 14, 2010
well, i am smarter than everybody else in here, so why shouldn't i tell them like it is. its only fair.
child_of_the_hoo dlum

Jackson, MI

#36 Jul 15, 2010
Wow..We could learn something from this HS student, Mahora....Like how to talk to people...Just the facts..Your posting screamed anger..And for the reocrd..I graduated SA in 84...]
smarter than a 6th grader

Mckeesport, PA

#37 Jul 15, 2010
child_of_the_hoodlum wrote:
Wow..We could learn something from this HS student, Mahora....Like how to talk to people...Just the facts..Your posting screamed anger..And for the reocrd..I graduated SA in 84...]
and i am smarter than you too! 84...wasnt that the class they "slid" everybody thru cause they weren't too bright?
Well Educated

Chicago, IL

#38 Apr 6, 2011
First of all...Who are you to say that SA is not doing a good job on education? Are you a teacher? Are you in the classroom? Do you read the news? We are doing "better than good" in education!

Students have books. Where are you receiving your incorrect information!? Better check your "facts".
Glassportman wrote:
Are you all ready to pay more taxes? Now I can not speak to the hiring of a basket ball coach for softball, which seems stupid, but every thing else costs money.

Let's remember that the first job of the district is to educate and everything else is secondary. SA is not doing a good job with the education aspect in my opinion, so spending money on sports should be the last thing since they do not have enough money for the students to take home books. Try and do your home work or learn when you don't even have your text book for a reference.

Just like small town politics hurt communities like Glassport, the same issue hurts the School Board. It is nothing more then a popularity contest.
Well Educated

Chicago, IL

#39 Apr 6, 2011
Teachers allow time in class to check for understanding. That's a teaching strategy. Leave the teaching to the teachers. Oh, and monitoring a study hall is a duty assigned to teachers. Believe me, teachers would rather teach than monitor lunch duty or a study hall any day! It's simply not our choice.
Glassportman wrote:
Wait, all of a sudden I am the bad guy. I never said anything about taking personal responsiblity and frankly I am offended by those comments. You know why, cause I am Dyslexic and struggled though out my education, but myself and my parents took the problem in our own hands and made sure I stayed on coarse and graduated college, so dont tell me about blaming others. There is no need for you to just start saying thing about me or my family, I was just saying what I knew and discussing the issue.

My argument was that when I was in school I had a text book assigned to me at the beginning of the year in each class and I took it home with me. There is a family member, not my child who is in HS and does not have text book to take home for math classes. I also have a problem with a teach allowing pleanty of time in class for assignments. Class time should be for the teacher to teach, not let the student do their homework, that is why it is called homework, and the teacher is paid to teach not monitor a study hall.
Well Educated

Chicago, IL

#40 Apr 6, 2011
This town does not suck. We defend our school and our teachers. You said that it's not a "good education" and we take offense to that.
Glassportman wrote:
I love how people only look to attack people on this site. I just brought up a point that was told to me by a student of SA that is in my family. You can disagree with me and ask me questions like you did, but why do you have to jump on me and call me a liar and have such anger in your post as if I personally attacked you. If you just said I called the school investigating and what I was told was not true then I would have said okay, maybe I am wrong. No like everyone else on this board and in this town you decided just to be a jerk and rude. Thanks proving to me that Glassport does sucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glassport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Filling vacant seat 1 hr Chucky Eliana 9
trump read this (Apr '16) 2 hr Voted 4 Trump 16
Glassport Police Blotter (Jun '11) 18 hr Queeg 182
News State court tells West Mifflin to seek other re... Wed JGM 4
News No Duquesne City Students in Baldwin-Whitehall ... (Mar '13) Wed JGM 11
west mifflin parks being torn down Wed JOSHM 5
road crew Wed lifetimeporter 44

Glassport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glassport Mortgages